FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMidwife expectations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nicole251198 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole251198 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midwife expectations
    Posted: 24 January 2020 at 6:25am
Hi guys I am currently 25 weeks into my pregnancy with mine and hubby's 1st child. I have 2 older sisters and regularly attended midwife apts for them when they were pregnant and was present at both births. I decided I wanted to go for a natural birth plan and picked a midwife that seems to suit this. Unfortunately I am considering changing midwives atm due to a few factors.

#1 my midwife seems to call me by the wrong name everytime we meet, although she does correct herself after looking through my notes.

#2 it seems she does not believe in the use of a doppler so I am yet to hear the heartbeat of my wee babe which I was so excited about, and as a 1st time mum to put my mind at ease that everything is ok!

#3 she is extremely pro for co sleeping which I am not comfortable with for myself.

#4 I wasnt told about the whooping cough vaccine, lucky I knew about this so I asked and she said she doesnt recommended it unless everyone who sees my baby gets it done.

My husband and I are both pro vax and I already feel like i am trying to be pulled into not vaccinating.

Dont get me wrong she is lovely and I'm not worried at all about her support during labour etc but just have concerns about things during pregnancy and post natal care.

Am I wrong to want to change? I dont cope with confrontation of any form so dont know if I am trying to talk myself into staying with her to prevent an awkward conversation?

Just after some advice from people who may have experienced similar things?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

MissCW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2020 at 7:05pm
Absolutely. Change midwives. They all work differently. The good thing is, there is one out there that will be perfect for you.
Look at www.findyourmidwife.co.nz and choose a new one. The new one can contact the old one for you.
All the best!
 Post Reply Post Reply