FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGoing for scans and blood tests

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Christine168071 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine168071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going for scans and blood tests
    Posted: 01 April 2020 at 11:01pm
who's had a pregnancy scan or blood tests while in lockdown? What's it like?

Edited by Christine168071 - 01 April 2020 at 11:06pm
Sponsored Links

Marianne251545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne251545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2020 at 2:25am
Hey Christine, I actually went for my 12 week scan and blood test yesterday and it was the highlight of my day. I was a little unsure whether to still go due to Covid-19 lock down, but I decided to trust in the fact that the radiologists would be taking every precaution to make it safe. Which they did, they used a fresh sheet on the bed i lay down on, sanitised the very pen I used to write with at reception and the practitioners all had masks and protective clothing, so it all felt very safe. I also felt comforted by the fact that I was the ONLY person in the waiting room... so really in the scheme of things it felt low risk. And it was just amazing to see my gorgeous bubba kicking around and to see 'it' was growing well on the inside. My hubby wasn't allowed to join me, but i shared videos and photos with him and the kids when I got home. I'm thankful to the staff who are still working, and thankful that maternity care is considered an essential service.
lenabr199848 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabr199848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2021 at 4:46pm
in my clinic a patient needs to call and agree the date and time
Me 38, DH 42
#1IVF - BNF, no implantation
#2IVF - BNF, mc
changed clinics, 1st appointment Gdansk - June 2018
#3IVF - Gdansk Poland, Dec 2018
 Post Reply Post Reply