FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew runner here. Question about weight loss.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
evani266278 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evani266278 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New runner here. Question about weight loss.
    Posted: 09 February 2021 at 10:56am
I've recently started running (about 5 weeks) for the first time in my life. I'm 32 and weigh 203 lbs. My goals are to reach 185 lbs. and to be in better general health. I've found that consistent exercise is a huge stress reliever and helps my body manage stress better. I've also changed my diet and am eating much healthier.

The first 3 weeks, I was running 2.3 miles at a pace that took 30 minutes (4.5 speed on the treadmill). I'm now doing 3.0 miles in 40 minutes and feel good about that distance/time. I'm not winded or overly tired, feel good the next day and no major pains. My heart rate hovers around 165 for the duration of my run.

So, to my question. What's a reasonable expectation for weight loss? I've currently lost about 3 pounds over 5 weeks. https://100001.onl/

Edited by evani266278 - 10 February 2021 at 9:08am
Sponsored Links

Kate250284 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate250284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:30am
You are going a great job!
Nick266877 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick266877 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:33am
I am so happy when people are working towards themselves and they want to change something. Any kind of progress is good progress and I am going to congratulate you on that. Another thing that you should be taking into consideration is the fact that there are different programs like https://medicalweightlosslehighvalley.com/ that are going to help you with this. Besides running, going to a gym can be a good opportunity in order to have a stronger body. I know that it's going to take an effort, but it's worth it. Trust me!
 Post Reply Post Reply