FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked16 month old eating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melanie267157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie267157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16 month old eating
    Posted: 29 April 2021 at 11:52pm
My 16 month old is still only eating very small amounts of food. At one sitting he will have the equivalent of 1/4 cup of smoothie Or 1/2 a plum
Or 1 rice cracker. I have taken him to the paediatrition who reffered him to a speech language therapist. He is on the waiting list for 8 weeks.

He is still mainly breastfed and if not offered the breast, still eats only a small amount of food. He will also chem food and then spit it out.

Is this normal toddler behaviour? How much food do your toddlers eat?

Sponsored Links

harold267229 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harold267229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 12:28pm
This is quite normal. The baby eats as much as he wants. You can try feeding him more often, for example 6-8 times a day. I bought a bandana here https://keababies.com/collections/bandana-drool-bibs and now my baby is eating on his own. He likes to eat with a spoon and has started to eat more.
 Post Reply Post Reply