New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How long did it take you to lose the baby weight?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow long did it take you to lose the baby weight?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pristo267224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pristo267224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long did it take you to lose the baby weight?
    Posted: 07 May 2021 at 5:20am
The title is pretty self-explanatory. I am wondering how long it took other people to lose their baby weight. I'm 5 months postpartum and feeling terrible about myself :( I don't dare step on the scale because it cues a self-destructive thought process where I vow never to eat again and I feel like garbage for the rest of the day. None of my clothes fit. It's summer now and I had to buy two sets of capris the other day from Costco because none of my clothes fit anymore. I don't dare put on any of the shirts I used to wear before I was pregnant because I would be crushed if I stretched them out and was unable to wear them again (they're mostly band t-shirts from various shows I've been to so I can't just replace them).https://omegle.onl/

I hate the way I look in the mirror. I hate my squishy body and when my son kicks his legs he sometimes kicks me in the stomach - I hate how much it sinks in. I was not exactly fit before I got pregnant but I was doing okay. Now I just feel disgusting. My wedding anniversary celebration is this coming weekend and I suggested we hit the hot springs but none of my bathing suits even sort of fit...and now I don't want to go anymore.

I have had hypothyroidism for many years and pregnancy completely threw my TSH levels out of whack. What took a very long time to regulate before got all thrown off course during pregnancy (where they upped my dose of my medication significantly to compensate for the additional hormone needs), but now postpartum neither my old dose, nor the dose I was on while pregnant are cutting it. This means it is even harder for me to lose weight because my metabolism is essentially nonexistent. They have to test my TSH levels every three months, then tweak my dose, then we wait three more months to test again.https://vshare.onl/

Anyway, I apologize for the depressing digressions. If anyone can help a momma out it would be greatly appreciated because I'm feeling pretty terrible about my looks these days. How long did it take you to lose the weight after you had a baby? What did you do (if anything) to help it along?

Edited by Pristo267224 - 08 May 2021 at 9:50am
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply