FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMCNs Inserts questions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MCNs Inserts questions...
    Posted: 02 April 2007 at 5:10pm
Ok so i have heaps of questions regarding inserts. I asked Kellz a few questions but forgot some! so i thought i would ask here
So here goes - Which is a better combo - 1 hemp/microfibre insert (the mixed one) and 1 plain microfibre together or 2 micros together or 2 hemp cross ones together????

Thats assumming that i should use 2 at once which leads me onto my next question - How many inserts should i use for daytime and then for nighttime??? (im not sure if it depends on brands but im using Tweedles..)

next question - Which way is the hemp meant to face (the one with hemp on one side and micro on the other)? Towards bubs bum or towards the outer of the nappy??

next question - Which insert should go closer to bubs bum in the event of using one hemp cross one and one Micro together - should the hemp cross be closer to bubs bum or the plain micro???

Ok so i hope that made sense! lol
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 5:26pm
Please correct me if I'm wrong here.. but I'm trying to remember it off the post/question I asked a while back

If using microfibre insert and then a hemp one, the hemp one should be on the outside with microfibre closest to bubs bum as microfibre draws the moisture away really fast and hemp is good at soaking up a lot of moisture.

And apparently using a combination of works really well.
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 5:34pm
there such intricate little contraptions arnt they!!
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 5:55pm
I'm pleased you asked all these q's baysmum!! I've been wondering the exact same things!!!
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:07pm
I *think* (well this is what I do anyway) - microfibre closest to babies butt (ie. closest to the fleece) and hemp behind it. That way the microfibre absorbs the big wet when they first wee and the hemp slowly draws the moisture away. If you're using an insert that is hemp on one side and microfibre on the other (like the Ecobubs ones) tri fold it with the microfibre on the outside and the hemp on the inside.

As for how many inserts to use for daytime I use 1 microfibre insert + 1 microfibre booster, or one hemp/cotton insert + 1 microfibre booster and for night I use the Ecobubs hemp/microfibre insert + a cotton flat.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 10:30am

I have a super heavy wetter, so at night i use

1 cotton/hemp insert and two microfibre boosters, seems to work really well.

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 1:31pm
is a booster the thing that i got with my nappy thats made of microfibre and you fold into 3 to put into nappy???
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 1:44pm
that sounds like an insert, a booster is like an insert (if you think of fuzzis inserts) but is made of less layers
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 1:56pm
oh the ones that are sewn in the shape of a sanitry (SP??) pad type thing????
So is a booster kinda of lesser protection than an insert???
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 2:28pm
Yep... booster is smaller/less layers than insert.
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 2:39pm
through the day i use 1 microfleece insert and 1 hemp insert (every 4-5hrs) and at night its 1 micro insert and 2 hemp inserts and works great for me

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 4:36pm
Kazzle are your hemp inserts backed with something else such as micro or cotton or just straight hemp both sides?
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 4:49pm
straight hemp both sides....

i have the microfleece on top then the hemp underneath.

Post Reply Post Reply