FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCloth virgin asking for help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cloth virgin asking for help
    Posted: 04 April 2007 at 7:53pm
I used my first cloth nappy today and as luck would have it Fay poooed on it and not just a bit of a dirty fart, it looked like a cow pat. So I know the trick is to get rid of the solid waste, but how do you do that? I thought that holding it in the toilet and flushing would be good, forgetting we have blue in the cistern, I then just used toilet papaer to take off the worst of it and rinsed under a tap (then bleached the sink out), it is now just in a dry bucket. But what is the best way of doing this, I will use liners I think from now on, but this was really an experiment
The nappy was a hemp CutieBum fitted with a Whisper wrap if that makes any difference
Claire
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 7:56pm
prob best to just rinse it - at that age her poop wont be flushable. you will find with liners that some will get thru still to tho. rinsing is all i used to do then chuck in the bucket.

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 9:47pm
All we do is wipe it off with loo paper or hold under the flushing toilet. Always works a treat for us. I do have a little squirt though which I plan to install and use.

Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 10:11pm
Just a word of warning if you're talking about a tap that attaches to toilet - a plumber told met these can back up your system and not always hygenic. Might be worth checking?
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 2:53pm
How does that happen? The one we have connects to the mains before it even gets to the toilet (shares the same water).
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 9:51pm
I use liners
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 12:02am
i use liners when i 'suspect' a poo is near   otherwise when i'm caught off guard, i rinse under the tap in the tub and the 'mess' usually comes off really easily and then it goes into the dry bucket. what stains are left from the wash come out when i hang them in the sun to dry

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 8:48am
using liners here too. Claire hows it going with the nappies??

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 12:23pm
Well better, after the cow pat incident. i am trying out a few different types, so have a peapod which I used for the first time yesterday and thought it was great, no leaks. A couple of fitted nappies which seem good but i think i have the wrong size cover so I am waiting for a small, and some prefold which i haven;t used yet a due to the cover problem
Fay is quite long and lean so doesn't have chubby ebough legs to seal properly, so i have had soem leaks, but think i may need to use more boosters.
Really pleased with how the CutieBum washed though as it was a really big and sticky poo (sorry tmi)
 Post Reply Post Reply