FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMCN advice please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MCN advice please!
    Posted: 10 April 2007 at 6:19pm
Hi everyone
I have read lots of different things about all the MCN's available and seem to be getting myself very confused! We are looking into cloth nappies for after the newborn stage (have SO many disposables...) but had no idea there were so many different types.
Pretty much I am looking for some advice on the different types and how "user friendly" they are as well as how many you need and approximate cost. Not really wanting to know about specific brands just yet (unless you want to PM me) but the different types.
HOpefully armed with info will help to sway DH towards these! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 6:21pm
check out the comparison site on the snazzipants site, its the best i have found with a list of pros and cons for all the diff types.

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 7:12pm
ditto what Deb said
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 8:16pm
yep snazzipants website is a great place to get info on all the different types. you could also go to thenappynetwork.org.nz and see if there are any nappycino's happening in your area soon, then you can see the different types 'in real life'

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 8:40pm
or you could read all of the feedback from all of the different types by parents who actually use the nappies on The Nappy Network
This is where I did all of my research before we settled on FuzziBunz.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 8:47pm
Where abouts are you? We have a big Nappychino happening next week on the North Shore.

AN E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AN E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 10:23pm
ooohhh... I'm on the North Shore Paws! When and where? So want to get some more info on these!
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 8:44am
Hey Paws - have been meaning to ask on TNN (but thought it was a silly question!) - what exactly is a nappychino?? thanks!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 9:19am

I would be keen on the nappychino on the shore also,

any info would be great

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 9:27am
nikki its just a fancy name for a bunch of cloth mums getting together ... usually to show off and discuss their cloth nappies. so like a coffee group but casual.

Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 1:11pm
Thanks I would ideally love to come along and see these but am being induced on Sunday so wouldn't be able to make it. I will look at those websites though thanks!
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 8:35am
thanks gandt!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 9:00am
good luck for the induction faraway.

Post Reply Post Reply