FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy baby is not sleeping during the day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My baby is not sleeping during the day
    Posted: 27 April 2007 at 4:20pm
Hi girls,

For the last few days I have had problems trying to get Olivier to sleep during the day. For example yesterday he only had two 30 minute naps (this was while I was out driving). I tried to put him down for a nap during the afternoon and he wouldn't sleep. I checked on him every 10-15 minutes and he was just lying there playing with his feet. He is then exhausted by 5:00 pm and I am struggling to get him to eat his dinner and then he is in bed asleep by 6:30 pm after bathing him. Today I am having the same struggle - so far he has probably only slept 30 minutes. Is anyone else having this problem at the moment? What should I do??? I don't want this to go on every day as it will drive me insane. The other problem that I am having is that he is not taking much of the bottle.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
Sponsored Links

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 4:30pm
Perhaps teething or a growth spurt? They can get their normal routines all out of wack at those times.

Sorry can't be much help but I'm sure he'll go back to normal soon, little bubbas can't stay up ALL day
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 5:04pm
I know a 10mo who is sleeping only 30 mins a day. I dunno how his mum does it, all my girls still sleep during the day (yay!). I think I'd be inclined to go along with his "new" routine, give him tea early then put him to bed and see what happens. Hopefully it's just a phase though
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 6:11pm
I hope it's just a phase for you because Alyssa has never grown out of it and to this day (at 9 months old)still only sleeps up to 40mins max, twice a day. She is often grumpy in the evening before bedtime and even when I try to get her to take another nap she refuses
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 6:30pm
Ben was the same , he would have 2 30 minutes naps all day ( always in the pram) but since he turned 10 mths he now has 2 hour naps and maybe longer still in his pram though I gave up trying the cot he just had a fit.

So they can change!!, I know how hard is it though and very tiring!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 8:19pm
Are you sure someone hasn't swapped him with one of my gremlins? Coz I've been complaining of exactly the same things lately! They sleep 45 minutes max, actually more accurately, they go in the cot for 45 minutes max before they squawk to get up, I'm never sure whether they've actually been to sleep. And they never finish their feeds.

I'm not too stressed about it, Maya was never a big daytime sleeper, and they do sleep well at night, but they are always shattered by 6.30pm and fall asleep on their bedtime bottle.

With the feeding thing, I am able to get 180ml into them at their dream feed, daytime feeds I'm lucky if they take 120ml, even first bottle in the morning. So I'm keeping up the dream feed so I know they at least have one decent feed.

Sorry, no useful advice, but will be watching this thread with interest to see what others can advise!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 8:54pm
I had another thought... bathing around midday to hopefully settle them for a day sleep. That would mean dropping the night bathing but it sounds like your kids asre too tired by then anyway (day bathing works best here).
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 9:30pm
During the week my boy only has 1 nap during the day and it is for 1 hour max.
In the weekend he tends to have 2 naps but definately less than 1 hour.
For me we have just gone with his flow otherwise the battle is so much harder!
I like the idea of changing his bath time, can't hurt to give it a go....Sorry I am not any help,
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 10:21am
Thanks for your advice girls the last couple of days Ollie has had a couple of naps but very late in the afternoon and after exhausting himself to sleep! I might try and take him for a walk every day around the time when I think he needs a nap as sometimes that works and he goes to sleep then. I rang the plunket line and they didn't seem too concerned about it and said as long as he got a good night's sleep every night then sometimes babies don't sleep much during the day and perhaps it could also be down to the fact that he is having a growth spurt at the moment.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 8:26pm

Ethan is a shocking day sleeper, must be these october babies.....

Sorry no useful advice, just know that others are going through this to, I was hopeful when the crawling started  he would wear himself out and sleep better, but not really, about every three or four days he will have a really long sleep though, or when daddy puts him down he will sleep for 2 hours...little bugger.

CorneliaFont236984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorneliaFont236984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2019 at 1:05am
Hi all, I found this blog post and it really helped me established a sleep schedule for my baby.

https://baby-help.com/baby-sleep-schedule/
sigmar266280 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sigmar266280 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 7:13pm
Hi Everyone My Name Is Sigmar And Am Here To Bring Some Tips For All Moms Whit Babbies That Have Sleeping Problems

Babies And Children Need Sleep For Healthy Development. Sleep Is Important For Your Wellbeing Too.
Sometimes Babies And Young Children Cry Because They Can’t Settle To Sleep By Themselves.
It’s Important To Respond To Your Child’s Needs For Both Sleep And Comfort.
Based On Your Own Situation, You Can Decide How To Meet Your Child’s Sleep And Comfort Needs, And Your Own Sleep Needs.
For All The Moms That Have Babbies Whit Sleep Problems Am a Affiliated Marketer And I Found Some Things That Maybe Will Help.
I Gonna Let My Email Down Below If Your Interested Send Me A Mail Saying I Want It So I Can Send The Info You Need To Know.
Much Love Sigmar.
My Email Here: babysleepingproblems@gmail.com
roberto265834 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roberto265834 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 11:32am
We were having the same issue a few months back. And I know how hard is it though and very tiring! To deal with it we bought a nursery glider https://nurtureand.com/products/the-glider. Believe me, its slow-motion movement helps us amazingly to sleep our baby. It was a really good decision to buying it.
 Post Reply Post Reply