FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSneaky ways to get veges in...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sneaky ways to get veges in...
    Posted: 11 May 2007 at 9:22pm

Anyone got any tips on how to sneak veges into meals.

I currently grate them up and put them into mince but its getting a bit boring for me and DH.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 9:33pm
I grate a lot too becks, but must admit my kids eat mostly anything (acting smug I know I just jinxed myself)...I have been known to make home made humus to dip things into (chickpeas are veges right?), mini savoury muffins with onion courgette, etc. Oooh, corn fritters are always good! I did try making a tomato sauce with tomatoes and beetroot and carrot. Jake knoew the difference and it still sits..forlorn in the fridge.
tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 10:00am
i make vege mini muffins too... although i have never really had a problem getting tash to eat veges, it df that doesnt like them!!!!!!!
i have a cool book from the warehouse-fresh and tasty fun foods for kids. it was only $7 or something and has great ideas in it. its in a box now lol so i cant find it and give u the recipies-but it had things like a 'barnyard' 'sheep & dip' 'hero sandwhich' and heaps of other great ideas...
Natasha Jayde, 1-01-05(7lb3oz)
Caroline Elisabeth, 9-04-08 (4lb15oz)
Izabella Kate, 9-04-08(6lb7oz)
Lexi Brenna, 23-01--2011(6lb6oz)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 12:06pm
I'm a fan of casseroles. It doesn't exactly sneak veges in, but basically you end up dishing up a spoonful of meat and gravy and veges all-in-one and it's easier to eat the right amount of veges IMO.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 7:50pm
We make pizza topped with tomato chutney, then grated carrot, grated courgettes then place mushrooms and cooked aria farm lamb strips, cherry tomatoes and cheese.Yum!
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 8:32pm
Soups - you can sneak lots of veggies in and they are great for winter.

Post Reply Post Reply