FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPeach Cobbler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peach Cobbler
    Posted: 05 June 2007 at 7:27pm
This is just so yummy - it's from my fave cook's latest recipe book (Destitute Gourmet Sophie Gray - Enjoy).
(we had it served warm with whipped cream on the side - It was sooo good the next day too - had it for breakfast)

4 large peaches or other soft fruit (I used canned and just let them drain for ages - worked fine)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
100g butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
extra sugar for sprinkling
icing sugar to dust

Preheat the oven to 200c. Grease an oven proof dish or pie dish.
Wipe the peaches then halve and remove stones. Slice the fruit and place in a bowl, with half the sugar and half the cinnamon.
In another bowl whisk together the melted butter, milk and egg and stir into the dry ingredients to form a stiff batter. Spread half the batter in the dish, add the sliced peaches then spread over the remaining batter.
If it is uneven and lumpy with the odd bit of peach showing through that will just add to the charm. Sprinkle with a little bit sugar then bake for 40-50 minutes until golden and springy. A knife inserted into the centre should come away clean. Dust with icing sugar to serve.

Enjoy - let me know what you think of it!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 9:37am
Thanks for this Mel. Sophie Gray is awesome! I've just whipped this up for tonight - sadly, for a do that DH is going to and I am not - but it looks really yummy!
 Post Reply Post Reply