FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2013 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 214>
Author
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:24pm
SB, I'm sorry about your diagnosis... but good on you for getting the help you needed. Here's hoping it wont be long before you are back to your normal self. I've never had anxiety but studied health psychology at uni, so can kinda understand what you are going through.

Kat, I hope you and Gemma are doing better today. Just think, "this too shall pass", and tomorrow is another day :) hugs to you.

I second PM, no matter what happens during our days, as long as we are still alive at the end of it (us and the bubs), the day was good. some days I feel like I get nothing productive done, but then I sit with my boy for awhile after a feed and have the most important conversation of the day with gurgles and smiles, and it doesnt matter that the dishes arent done or I haven't folded the washing. All that matters is him.

ON a brighter note... we bought a house last night! I'm super excited.. I've already got ideas running through my head on what I want to do to C's room and pretty much everywhere else! (*but mostly his room first!!)
Argh, it is such a relief to have all the open homes done with!

and, I got a huge two and a half hour sleep out of C today, went on a huge walk (like an hour and a half) with him in the buggy carrycot and he slept the whole time. Stoked. Even had time after the walk to have a full shower (hair washed, legs shaved) afterwards. Its incredible how much better I feel now than first thing this morning.

Its a good day today ladies. The sun is shining :)
Sponsored Links

Melissa12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 2:07pm
Yay looks like I can finally post on here again... been a few weeks, silly computer :-)

Those of you who have had mastitis, how did you know you had it. Last night my boob felt really sore and it still hurts heaps today, have been feeding off it more than usual and trying to express off it, but each time i try expressing its like there is nothing there? It hurts a lot but there is no mark, rash, redness etc, i have a really sore head, neck, and feel fluey. How do I know if its mastitis, does this sound like it, the flueyness etc was real sudden.

Is anyone else going back to work anytime soon, I go back in a couple of weeks and freaking out, so sad i don't know how i will go without my baby, Im worried im going to miss out on those milestones e.g crawling, rolling etc. Seeing her first smile, hearing her giggle for the first time and seeing her roll half over was so amazing I don't want to miss any of her 'firsts', also Im worried she might forget who I am and not know im her mum :-(
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 3:42pm
SB yes this is what I was on. The first few days I felt nothingness, I don't know if that makes sense but just felt like I was in someone elses body and mind and took a while to come back up - give it 2 weeks and if you are not feeling more yourself go back to your GP to look at the dose BUT don't stop taking it.

Glad you are back Melissa and feel for you going back to work, and NO your gorgeous girl won't forget you - she knows your voice, your smells, your face and she knows you are her MUM. And yep will be scary to think you may miss out on some things but there are sooo many milestones to come and you will see them and enjoy them.

As for us we have had another pretty good day and have had our 4th night in a row of sleeps until after 5am, with a bot of settling needed at 3.30am ish so am pretty happy on the night sleep. Are managing to get day sleeps sorted although can be a mission to get past the 1st sleep cycle at lunchtime but generally get 4 x 45mins during the day which is good.

Oh and the lotions and bath oil seem to be working and the dry skin and redness is reducing and the fights for change time are getting less intense so hoping we are on the road to recovery which is fab too.

Have a great night ladies.
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 6:05pm
Alright lovely ladies, I need some help / advice.

We are preparing for my part time return to work in 6 weeks or so, as well as for our baby to start being babysat from time to time. To do both of the above, we need him to be able to take a bottle, SHOULD he need one while I am away. We may also need to look at having formula available.

These are my issues / questions:
1.) Baby boy wont take a bottle any more. We are using the Moimee brand, as we had been successful for top ups of EBM for a while, but after about 3 weeks of no top ups, he just fights the bottle.
What should I do? How should I try and encourage bottle acceptance? I use shields out of necessity, so I thought he would manage fine
2.) What formula is everyone using and why? I would like something gentle and easy for him to transition too. NZ made is also preferable (although they all might be??)
eskimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 6:30pm
Peppermint, haven't had this problem, but we were talking about it at coffee group and these were some of the suggestions...
Offer bottle at first feed of the day so he is very hungry
Get someone else to give the bottle
Change teats to more "boob like" bottles...

Can't help on the formula sorry but someone else will know. A friend of mine had a hell of a job getting her baby to take a bottle, she had to go back to work and he would just refuse to eat all day from the bottle and be starving and so up all night. After a couple of days the caregiver said just don't come home from work for an extra hour... Sure enough the baby caved and took the bottle in that hour... Bit extreme but it did work!
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 7:51pm
PM we found Karicare (Stage 1) seemed to be the only one that suited from birth and took Coen a while to get used to the taste but as long as the temp was right he was fine. You can also buy it in sachets so you can see if he likes it before you spend $30.00 on the tub.

We use the Philip's Avent bottles but agree you should try a different teat that is more nipple like. The other thing I have heard is to give it as a top up just before bed time or first thing when they wake up as they are still a bit groggy and sleepy so can "slip it past" until Beau gets used to it. What does the Baby Whisperer suggest?
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 7:44am
Thanks Ladies. The 'Baby Whisperer' says pretty much what you have covered!

Great night last night - down at 7-7:30, awake at 1:30am and fed, dummied at 4:30 which took us til 7:00am. Bliss!
eskimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 8:50am
Man I am so grumpy this morning, got my period back! What the?! I thought if you were exclusively breastfeeding it wouldn't come back for a while.... Grump! Anyone know if I can use tampons? Cause I am!
blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 9:34am
Eski, that is early - but I was chatting to my nurse about it last week and she said it can be at anytime, so maybe not at all? I think that's why BF is not reliable contraception, you just have no idea when you've started ovulating again.

PM, that is great! I've started letting LM sleep til 7.30am, though I usually have to dummy him on and off for the hour just so I get that extra snooze in. DH's alarm goes off at 5.45am, so I need the extra sleep.

Went to the dr's yesterday because I didn't feel like me at all. I actually have had one of the rarest side-effects you can have, so he's put me on Prozac. Hopefully I don't have any bad effects with this one because I just want to feel like me again as soon as possible! He was really helpful though, he's known me my whole life and knows how I work and he thinks this is best for me at the moment, rather than sticking it out and dealing with it on my own as I have done in the past.

My family have been so helpful and so encouraging. Couldn't get through them without them. My mum's a teacher and took LM to school yesterday so she could show him off, it was sweet. There's even a photo of us on the staffroom wall - embarrassing!!!
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 2:24pm
Oh SB so glad you went back to the DR. and that he is getting on top of things early. My DR. is the same and the years of knowing them certainly helps them know who you are and how best to look after you.

PM what a star Beau has been lately, he is such a good wee boy.

I let C sleep in this morning more for my own benefit - down at 7.00, woke 4.15 and dummied him so he woke 5.45 for feed and then didn't wake again until 9.15am - naughty to let him sleep that long but I woke shattered at 5.45 so just left him.

Rugged up warm today as the weather is lousy. Had a look at heaters and curtains today and found the new Eco-heater has a timer and thermostat and you can set up when it turns on/off and min/max temps etc so think we will look at getting one soon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 5:39pm
Having a good weekend ladies?

Rainy down here so it's nice to be cosy inside, hanging with DH and snuggling LM.

Felt good the last two days so can't wait for the meds to fully kick in. Actually made dinner from scratch tonight which I haven't for the last week or so, so that feels good.

And...fit into my normal jeans! Whoop! Oh, that feels really good, I tell you! Still got a little way to lose my love muffins, but then again, I like being curvy so may keep most of them!
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 9:49am
SB glad to know you are feeling a little more positive and a little more yourself. Great feeling getting back into jeans too ha, good on you.
Enjoy the cuddles etc on a rainy day.

Not feeling 100% this morning, feeling a bit nauseous and hoping it is just because I am tired. Woke up shattered this morning and may be because DH integrated himself back into the bedroom so no longer have the bed to myself and was concious of any noise C made waking him - will take some getting used too. Also my legs and hips are soooo achy this morning, probably from the walk I did yesterday but also not having room to spread out.

Oh well C down for his morning nap and am thinking I may take a sleep when he goes down at lunch time.
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 12:04pm
Oh the joys if pre-preg jeans are so far off for me...seriously jealous SB. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

WB you don't sound your self, not nice on the aches. I hope a nap helps :) did me wonders yesterday avo.

So we have had a little bottle success, but I have also got a new one to try. I have also negated on what I previously said and got some formula today. I am heading back to work part time soon, but as it will be different times throughout the week, we will probably need formula feeds ready. I thought it is best to get wee man used to them now than too many changes all at once
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 12:54pm
I'm ok PM, better after DH picked me up a coffee on the way home from the gym.

Do we expect a growth spurt around 12weeks? C has been feeding every 1.5-2hours this morning and is grizzly and really tired - wondering if he is growing maybe.

Yay for some bottle success PM. C took a couple of trys to get used to the formula as obviously different taste / texture so if Beau pushes it away don't give in and try again over the next couple of days - as long as the temperature is right I think you will find he will take it. Keep us posted.
jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 2:49pm
Hi everyone, hope you are having a good weekend, i just have a wee question I'd like to put out there about dream feeding. I have never done it myself (i've just been going to sleep when the baby does about 730-8 as I'm too tired) But now I'm feeling like I have a bit more energy to stay up but still need the sleep if you know what I mean. how do you do it? did it work? what times did you do it etc. It would really mean a lot to me to get some help on this from people who have done it,
DH and I's relationship is suffering a wee bit because whenever he is home and free I am always asleep.

thanks ladies
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:48pm
JJ, I dream feed LM every night at 10pm. Sometimes I snooze on the couch beforehand but most of the time I stay up. I pick him up, change him then feed him. He doesn't take alot but it ties him over to 2-3am. I've tried stopping the dream feed but I end up waking more without it so we've kept it.
tinx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 4:38pm
waterbaby, yes there is normally a growth spurt around three months.

JJ, I normally do the dream feed at around 10pm after I've expressed. The first couple of times he stayed asleep, but now he wakes up, but goes straight back to sleep when he's finished the bottle. I don't change his nappy and I don't need to burp him as he is so relaxed he doesn't have any wind. He now sleeps through to 4am and then sleeps through till around 7am. I love the dream feed, as it has cut out one feed in the night.

AJ and I are doing great! Lots of people told me that everything would get easier at ten weeks and I feel like it really has. Feeding is going well and I am so happy I am now following my gut and topping him up with formula.
AJ is now self settling to sleep. He may grizzle for afew minutes, but it rarely ends in him crying and if it does, he soon settles with a few small pats on his back.
Touch wood, but he has been having longer naps during the day. The only thing I do differently is leave him to grizzle for a few minutes if he wakes. And the other thing I did was I spent a few days out and about with him either asleep in the wrap or car seat where he slept for longer. I think it was breaking the cycle for those few days that helped in the end, but who knows, all that matters is that he is sleeping longer.
And to top it all off, he is sleeping fantastically at night. Just wish that I would only wake up when he wakes rather than every hour in anticipation of him waking up.

Just wish time would slow down a little bit so that I can enjoy my boy for longer. He is getting big far too fast.
jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 6:34pm
so are you dream feeding with a bottle? or breast?
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
tinx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 7:07pm
Bottle, but you can also do it with breast. I'm just expressing as I find I get a better result than giving him the breast for the dream feed and I top it up with formula so he had a full belly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 7:15pm
I bottle formula only because I always give it to him first and he's both too sleepy and not hungry enough to BF afterwards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 214>