FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2013 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214
Author
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2013 at 2:53pm
hey ladies! been mia with the move and everything.. glad that is all over now! C was awesome being left with nana for a whole day while I cleaned the old house, slept better for her than he does for me!
Then on move day he spent the day with his other nana, and was perfect too! So glad there was no drama :)

C has been waking often the last few nights, not sure if its because he has been going through a growth spurt or whether he has been unsettled from moving to the cot and being in a sleeping bag rather than being swaddled in the bassinet.
Last night he went from 9-4.30am! then 4.45-7. so glad his feeds are getting shorter too, like 10-15 mins.
Pm, isnt the gurgling, cooing and smiling so worth the hard work?
C is getting so animated now, he is rolling really well front to back and is working on the back to front roll now. ah! so cute.

I'm really enjoying being a mum now all the hard part is over. So stoked C is in his own room now too, cant wait to be able to renovate it and make it awesome. Must be patient, only been in the house four days!

pretty quiet on here these days, hope its just because everyone is enjoying their bubbas just as much as me!

Sponsored Links

sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2013 at 9:02pm
Hey ladies

Have been MIA too as I broke my laptop, you know how it is, crawling around on the floor looking for the wipe and I knock it off the TV cabinet with my leg :/. Will claim insurance but I'm a little worried they will think I'm full of it as it will be the 2nd laptop I have had to claim for.

This might sounds crazy - but has anyone else started to want to have another baby yet?
My girl is 11 weeks now and I've started thinking a lot about having number 3 but I'm not sure if its just this age/stage. There is a 3 1/2 year gap between #1 and recent #2 but I would like a closer one with the next one.
Am I nuts!!!!?!?!?!?!?
Kat15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kat15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 4:03am
Lol no your not nuts. Most people have those feelings. I was like that after my first baby, knew straight away I wanted another. But after having Gemma I was like no way do I want another baby. I always had 2 in my mind and I'm 100% happy with 2 now. I had a great pregnancy and dream baby with number 1. However my second I hated the pregnancy and she has had a bit of reflux so things have been harder.

All people are different though.

Yes I'm writing this at 4am lol. I have a sick baby that has bronchitis and is very unwell
Minny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:23am
Sweets, we are already considering it too. We have always wanted two and even after the issues of having such a tiny premmie, and the possibility of it happening again we are still keen.

We tried for 18 months on our own before going to FA and then six months before we finally fell pregnant so we plan to start early just in case we have the same issues! However, we will give the fertility treatment only a couple of goes and if no joy then one baby it will be.

Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 11:48am
Hi hope everyone is doing well :)
Haven't checked in in a long while ( nor has anyone! ) just checking everything is swell :)
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 1:54pm
Glad to know I'm not nuts.

So latest is I decided I would wait until I go back to work so I could get parental leave payments again but I'm kind of thinking it may be too late.

I've been having sharp pains down low which i have only experienced when I fell pregnant with the first 2. Because I don't have my period back yet I'm not sure on dates etc. I know the one time we did not use protection was about 3 weeks ago (according to dp) but I gave in yesterday and tested. It was negative but so we're my first 3 tests with the last baby.

All I can do is wait really but its driving me insane. I could ask for a blood test but don't really feel like a trip to the Drs for just this.

We would love if I am but I also won't mind if not as I recently joined weight watchers and have been really successful so far I would like to see it through til the end if I can.

All I know is if I'm not then ill get some contraception asap and focus on losing weight for now.

Just sucks not knowing when my period would be due so I can figure our when to test.
Mrs Dinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Dinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 12:04pm
Is anyone else having a problem with sleeping patterns changing? All of a sudden our 19 week old is waking every 2 hours during the night. We have just returned from the UK so wondered about jetlag but I'm not entirely convinced.
I'm getting very tired :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 8:56pm
Mrs Dinny we just moved to australia and our baby is 18 weeks old- she has also started waking every 2 hours inthe night. I think i'm going to start rigorous sleep training! get her back on track with her sleeping. She's all over the place. Time difference is a big factor but give it a few weeks for your bubba to adjust :)
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
AMummysLife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMummysLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 1:40pm
Hi ladies.

Been awhile since I last posted in here! Hope you all and your babies are doing well.

Danielle is growing like a weed. She's 4 months old (or 18 weeks on Friday), has 2 teeth and is currently teething the next couple. So far she's learnt to roll from tummy to back but not back to tummy though she gets about 2/3 of the way there. She's allergic or intolerant (not sure which)to dairy products so I've had to use almond milk and goats cheese to satisfy any needs in that regards.

We've started trying her with a teaspoon of farex cereal and breastmilk every couple of days. She's doing well with it. Doesn't push it out at all but I'm only taking it slowly with her.

She loves the jolly jumper and standing up with mummy's help and playing with a set of musical keys that Blake got for his birthday last year.

Take care ladies. I'll try to check back a lot sooner than previous.
Miss Monkey - 12/12/2007
Master Monster - 06/12/2011
Miss Mouse - 22/03/2013
Angel baby - 09/2010

Mrs Dinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Dinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 4:39pm
Jessicajanea I need to ask - what's sleep training? We've never had a problem before so not had to look into these things. Hope things pick up for you soon :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2013 at 9:26pm
sleep training is basically having rules in place to keep the baby asleep/in a routine. For example with LJ we really put in place the up for one hour down for two- so she would stay in bed for 2 hours regardless. I fed her 3 hourly so that wasn't a problem. We used a dummy after we let her cry for 5 minutes. At the moment at night we are letting her cry for 5, going in, letting her cry for 10, going in. And every time we make it 2 minutes longer til she gets the message. last night she slept from 8-6.30 so that was amazing for us!
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
MummaK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2013 at 7:44pm
Been forever ladies but if you happen to see this just wanting to say a BIG HI and hope everyone and their bubs are doing great x
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 12:00pm
Hi guys! It has been a long time hasn't it.

I would like some advice on sleeping. Olivia wakes up so frequently during the night and I pretty much just pop her on the boob and she goes to sleep within a minute.
It's been really bad over the last 4 weeks to the point where she is basically sleeping with us.

It feels like she wakes up crying every 30 minutes sometimes.

She's 9mo and finally is eating food now, still on the breast but we have been trying to get her on the bottle since she went back to daycare 4 months ago.

I don't really want to just leave her to cry so any suggestions would be great, I don't mind a bit of crying but I can't do a lot especially during the night when I have to get up to go to work at 6am.

Help!
blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 7:30pm
Hey Sweets! Are you on FB? We catch up there regularly enough :)

Maybe Olivia is struggling with sleep association? ie. expecting the boob when she wakes up. I read somewhere that from 5 months on babies wake up fully after every sleep cycle so whatever they need to settle themselves they cry out for.

For us, we did let Josiah cry. The first night was terrible but the next was better and the third night was fine. He has a dummy and a floppy rabbit which he only has at bedtime so he knows it's time to sleep.

Still hungry perhaps too? Hunger has played a massive part when Josiah slept badly. It improved massively when he was on solids and having a good 3 meals a day.

It's so hard, isn't it? Not knowing why and trying to figure it all out. From our experience, it takes being consistent with bedtime routines and how long you leave them to cry etc, so they know everything is okay but it's sleep time now.

Gosh, hope this helps a little?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 8:27am
Hi Sweets,
We did let LJ cry- it only took one night and you're actually so tired it doesn't make too much of a difference whether you're getting up to feed or just lying there listening to the crying (although it is awful) basically we did it in intervals as lilly was getting up 7+ times a night (to feed) and even the feeding wasn't putting her back to sleep.
Is our facebook group still going?? How can I find it- hope everyone is well
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
eskimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 1:28pm
Oh hi!
The facebook group is still going well! PM me your facebook details and I'll try to add you. Just popped in here as it was still on my favourites thing now I'm back at work. How funny to look back! Hope you guys are all good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214