Print Page | Close Window

High Risk Pregnancies

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: Pregnant
Forum Name: Pregnancy
Forum Description: Pregnant! Wanting to chat to other mums-to-be (or dads-to-be)? Share your thoughts, experiences, and ideas... This is that place!
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25678
Printed Date: 29 April 2024 at 8:09am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: High Risk Pregnancies
Posted By: Maya
Subject: High Risk Pregnancies
Date Posted: 03 April 2009 at 8:16pm
By request, a thread for those of you with high risk pregnancies to chat.

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Replies:
Posted By: Kazzle
Date Posted: 03 April 2009 at 8:33pm
What a great idea.

I will start, my name is Kaz, i have a 3yr old daughter, i have had 4 miscarriages since 2006, the last one being jan this year.

I am currently 30wks pregnant, and i am on clexane injections once a day (i have APS) which is Antiphospholipid Syndrome

this link explains what it is http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/antiphospholipid.htm.

-------------
http://lilypie.com">

Posted By: TysMummy
Date Posted: 05 April 2009 at 4:02pm
all the best Kazzle

-------------
http://lilypie.com"> http://lilypie.com">

Posted By: GingerBaby
Date Posted: 05 April 2009 at 8:10pm
I guess I can post here? My bean is high risk for Down Syndrome - only had scan at this stage, and showed 1/53 but I'm having Maternal Serum Test in a couple of weeks for further indication ratio. Not going to have amnio or CVS as we will keep baby regardless, so worried risks are too high. I'm 28, so it was a bit of a shock when we found out but staying positive.

-------------

Posted By: minik8e
Date Posted: 05 April 2009 at 8:23pm
I guess I fit here too....am under the high risk team at the hospital as I am pregnant with twins after 3 m/c in 18 months, plus have a fairly chequered history with endometriosis and cervical issues, along with a family history of toxaemia and gestational diabetes. These two were conceived naturally, and kept around with the aid of low dose aspirin and progesterone pessaries.

Posted By: peanut butter
Date Posted: 05 April 2009 at 10:08pm
Wow!!!  I never fully appreciated how much work some people have to go through.  Best of luck to you all

Posted By: liveinhope
Date Posted: 06 April 2009 at 10:16am
I fit too.
Three miscarriges from 5weeks thru to 9 weeks.
Am currently 11 weeks preganant, nervous as anything, and announced to hubby last night that it doesn't feel real. I look down see my tiny bump (lost 7kg) and big boobs (gone from A to b/c) and it feels like it is happeningto someone else not me. Nuchal scan this week, fingers and toes crossed. And then off to high risk team at auckland next week. Have been under the lovely debbie since 6 weeks at Recurrent miscarriage clinic at greenlane who is a star.
Does everyone else find that they tell very few people til 12 /14 weeks when you've been thru so much. I have told only two people at work, and one of them keeps asking when I am going to spill, as she is finding it hard not too. It's just that if something went wrong, its hard to deal with your own greif and everyone elses sympathy. Callous I know but i suppose its a sself preservation mechanism.
Any way chins up tummy out ( or in as the case maybe) and try not to look green with MS.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Posted By: errii
Date Posted: 06 April 2009 at 1:30pm
I think I may fit here too

I am currently 7wks and 1day pregnant

I am a type one diabetic and my first pregnancy ended in a still birth which they can not explain at almost 28 weeks in jan. I am under the care of Auckland hospital and they are great every two weeks I have at least 4 appointments and along with all the insulin i take im also taking aspirin.

Liveinhope I under stand what you are saying about not telling other people straight away and having to deal with other peoples grief, i am exactly the same very normal to feel like that.

-------------

Baby Alistair 7/1/09

Posted By: TysMummy
Date Posted: 06 April 2009 at 1:39pm
im the opposite....i could die eachtime i get pregs...........the first time i didnt tell anyone i was pregs cause of ovarian cancer they said i couldnt concieve ........was told after birth of Ty that i wouldnt make it through the night ....proved them wrong. then with this preg we didnt tell many cause now all they do is worry and its stressing me out...............i want to think positive.................good luck with all you ladies and i hope you all post pics

-------------
http://lilypie.com"> http://lilypie.com">

Date Posted: 06 April 2009 at 4:02pm
I'm the opposite liveinhope - we told a few people as soon as we found out, because we wanted the support if things did go belly-up again. I'd rather that they understood why I was taking time off work, and miserable, then asking lots of questions.

Posted By: sweetpea
Date Posted: 08 April 2009 at 12:29pm
Oh my i never realised there so many of you. Good luck to you all with your pregnancys looking forward to seeing pics of healthy bouncing babes at the end of it all

Date Posted: 08 April 2009 at 2:08pm
I never realised how scary a time this until being in the situation. a friend of mine had a very ill baby, and said to me when she was born "it's a wonder any baby is born 'normal'", and I now completely understand her point.

if any mums are reading these and thinking 'oh that's like what I went through', or know of someone who's been there done that please feel free to post as i know i want to hear and absorb every little experience and story that people can tell me in the hope i might learn something! you other ladies feel the same?

hope you're all well with your precious buns in ovens

-------------

Posted By: Huggles
Date Posted: 08 April 2009 at 6:44pm
i think i fit in here too. i am under the nice midwifes of Auckland Hospital too.
i have one kidney that only works 20% and the other is fine. i have chronic hypertension which has been under control since i have been pregnant. this is my second pregnancy but first child as i had a missed miscarriage. nearing the end and hoping for a very natural birth. just had a nights sleep at AHDB's hilton (teehee) last night due to very high BP. they will not let me go overdue so am trying everything to get this baby moving on down rather than getting induced!
Good luck girls!!!

Date Posted: 09 April 2009 at 3:49pm
Hey huggles me similar, but have one normal and one thats a duplicated kidney system, normally prone to infections, stones, reflux etc, hypertenision etc. Bp just started going up (whats was in the water last night) but off to auckland clinic for first visit next week.
HAd Nt scan today ladies and all good, am finally smiling, we will start to tell wider family and friends and I suppose work in next few weeks. My work has been causing stress issues since before the pregnancy and the main culprit would have taken great joy in putting me on the sh**est shifts over the last 12 weeks if she had known, So when we tell her at least what ever cr** she puts me thru at least we are out of the first trimester. And I am being watched like a hawk by the hospital and hubby plus a very protective gp, who would love to have words with the senior nurse at my work. Go protectors!!

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Date Posted: 09 April 2009 at 5:59pm
Glad to hear your scan went well livinhope, your stress at work does not sound good i hope she dosnt make things harder for you once you tell them.

I had my first scan on Monday and all went well could see a heart beat definatly felt a little bit more relaxed after that next scan in a few weeks.

-------------

Baby Alistair 7/1/09

Posted By: Imogen
Date Posted: 13 April 2009 at 4:02pm
I fit in here too. My DD had to be delivered at 27 weeks due to IUGR and Preeclampsia. She weighed in a mere 520grams, so she had stopped growing at about 23 weeks. I have just found out that I am pregnant again after what felt like forever TTC. We have everything crossed that we wont have to go thru all of same drama again but I am also going to prepare myself just in case. I will have to be put on asprin and calcium at 8 weeks and will be followed by the high risk team a NWH Auckland as well as my own midwife......so YAY lots of apppintments for me but I really dont mind as long as I can hold on to this bubba a bit longer.

-------------
Proud mummy to two beautiful little girls and a precious little boy <3

Date Posted: 13 April 2009 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by GingerBaby GingerBaby wrote:

if any mums are reading these and thinking 'oh that's like what I went through', or know of someone who's been there done that please feel free to post as i know i want to hear and absorb every little experience and story that people can tell me in the hope i might learn something! you other ladies feel the same?

I had a moderately high risk pregnancy with the gremlins - they were mono-di twins so at risk for TTTS, conceived 6 weeks after a m/c and after a reasonably long period of TTC.

I had what felt like the most stressful pregnancy ever and even right up until the night they were born I was convinced I would lose one or both babies. I had a labour scare at 26 weeks, irritable uterus from 30 weeks with contractions every few mins and my OB thought I'd be lucky to see 36 weeks. Oh and at one point it looked like Twin 2 had stopped growing ? TTTS. Turned out she was just lying funny. Twin 1 had a dilated kidney picked up on a growth scan at 33 weeks which turned out to be Grade V urinary reflux with an obstructive ureterocele which required surgery when she was 8 weeks (you kidney ladies might be able to relate ).

We were induced at 36 weeks coz I was starting to crack under the anxiety of the pregnancy, and both babies flew out 3 minutes apart in a brilliant, textbook vaginal delivery. We had an OB, 2 midwives and a paed there so it was a somewhat crowded delivery, but all went well.

So that's my high risk story. The girls did have a few continued health issues after they were born but are now (mostly) healthy 2 1/2 year olds and I've since had a perfectly normal, low risk singleton pregnancy.

I hope that helps somehow?

Oh and for the kidney/diabetes people - I have a close friend who has severe Type 1 diabetes and was told not to get pregnant as it would make her diabetes too unstable. She ignored them and got preg, was hospitalised at 14 weeks and her son was delivered at 28 weeks as her kidneys were failing. She ended up having a kidney transplant 2 years later, her son is now 20 and she's had relatively few problems since.

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 14 April 2009 at 3:37pm
Not to scare people, and don't feel jealous- my sister in law (same age as me) with diabetes since childhood has two darling children, first one she found out at 5months second at 3 months, flew thru preg delivered at NWh, slightly small babies thats all. NO MS. makes you green with envy, but just proves there are those out there with chronic health issues who can and do have normal pregnancy.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Date Posted: 15 April 2009 at 1:22pm
Thanks for your stories Maya and Rachel, my little sister is Type 1 Diabetes and only young so won't have thought about having babies and I don't know if she's aware of the implications. Sooooooo good to know that she can though, that it does happen

-------------

Date Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:26pm
If your a well controlled diabetic technically the risks are only slightly higher than a non diabetic its when you are out of control that theres a problem, It just means extra monitering of the mum and bubs and lots of changes with insilin. So far all of the complications I have had have not been coused by the diabeties fingers crossed not to have any of those complications.

-------------

Baby Alistair 7/1/09

Date Posted: 17 April 2009 at 11:30am
Hey every one- (put a copy on here as not all due same month as me and needed a longer vent)

had first appt at hosptial Clinic yesterday. What a long day, 3 appts, first one 1.30 last one suppose to be 3pm- left hospital at 5.15!!! Exhausted. plus when rang parents etc, all disappointed we hadn't had scan- ( i suppose after having weekly since 6 weeks) we are due back in 3 weeks, and if all still fine will get transferred to North shore hospital care as why were we coming to Auckland hospital- dwwwww cause thats where we were told we were to go!!!
Excuse the sarcastic above am knackered got 3 hours sleep due to night mares about team leader coming back to work tomorrow and finding out about the preganacy after everyone else already knows.
Anatomy Scan in 5 weeks,+ they apparently now recommend you get the maternal serum test as well or instead of the nuchal as it is more accurate? hubby and I were happy with the NT, and now are back to being a little worried again.
Sorry about the long blurb. Just venting. HAving a I don't feel happy and pregnant day, just tired and knackered day.
Also MW said I could have MS till 16 weeks, and could i start eating crackers at night when up to toilet! as I need to put on some weight. Hmmmm. Okay I will be happier tomorrow I promise. For now I am off to do housework before I go to work at 3pm.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Date Posted: 17 April 2009 at 2:44pm
Hi liveinhope

If there is anything I have learnt from dealing with Auckland hospital is that they are hardly ever on time and are always running late and that not to make other plans to close to after your appointments.

I find it frustrating to the hole auckland hospital northshore hospital thing, I had problems over the weekend and ob said to call the womans assement unit if this happened so I did and they told me to go to northshore even though auckland has all my info and northshore told me to go to auckland very frustrating.

Hope you have a good break over the weekend.

-------------

Baby Alistair 7/1/09

Posted By: CuriousG
Date Posted: 17 April 2009 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by GingerBaby GingerBaby wrote:

I guess I can post here? My bean is high risk for Down Syndrome - only had scan at this stage, and showed 1/53 but I'm having Maternal Serum Test in a couple of weeks for further indication ratio. Not going to have amnio or CVS as we will keep baby regardless, so worried risks are too high. I'm 28, so it was a bit of a shock when we found out but staying positive.

Definitely keep positive. My risk was 1/55 and I was 26 years old. I have a beautiful baby (! she is now 3) girl who is not downs syndrome. While yes, I did elect to have the CVS, the chances of you having a normal baby are still very high!

I am picking my risk will probably be high again. Not sure why it was so high last time, (neck was 3.5mm which I know is high) - I am picking its my husbands fault (he has a fat neck) lol!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 April 2009 at 8:50am
Thanks CuriousG, that is really good to know

-------------

Posted By: MrsMojo
Date Posted: 20 April 2009 at 8:58am

Well I guess I'm counted in this lot too (especially since all my hospital referrals are to the high risk team).

Initially I'm high risk because I have a bleeding disorder called Von Willebrans Disease which means my blood doesn't clot properly.  It is one of those odd things that rights itself during pregnancy but within hours of the birth I am at risk of bleeding out.  I need to be especially careful if my birth becomes medicalised (i.e. epidural or cs).  Also my baby a 50% chance of inheriting the gene so I cannot have a forceps or ventouse deliver because the risk to him during a "man-handled" birth is too high.

Additionally I have a low-lying placenta (which I'm hoping has now shifted, I'll find out next Monday) and I just found out I have Group B Strep.

-------------

Posted By: jacobsmummy
Date Posted: 22 April 2009 at 11:37am
Hi everyone, think im high risk im not sure, last pregnancy which was my 1st pregnancy i came down with pregnancy diabetes at 31wks (thats when midwife did the test glucus drink thingy that i had to drink) anyways ended up on insulin injections.

Had jacob at 35wks 5days by emnercy c-section as we had a scan that day that showed he had stopped growing scan said he was 4pound something, had bub that night and they discovered his placenta was a third dead ;(
he was 5pound 1oz at birth.

im pregnant again and am under a Obsrtriction and the diabetic team am testing blood sugars and gota have that yucky drink/blood test at 16wks.
im 14wks now. Am hoping to have a VBAC .as ive never been in labour b4.

-------------

Posted By: jacobsmummy
Date Posted: 23 April 2009 at 11:36am
For this pregnancy ther gonna montier growth of bub and check dopplers.

-------------

Posted By: shanstace
Date Posted: 23 April 2009 at 9:20pm
Hi everyone. I sure I belong in here so here's my story. Had my first daughter at 26 weeks weighing 840gms. She is now a very healthy & strong ten year old.
In September 2008, went into labour at 23 weeks due to my placenta abrupting. Sadly my little boy did not survive.
In January 2009 I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks.
I am now 7 weeks pregnant. I am taking low dose aspirin as they think I may have formed a blod clot behind my placenta and this is what caused the abruption. I am still waiting on blood test results for any blood clotting problem.
My obstetrician has recommended that I start on Clexane injections. Has anybody else had any experience with this medication? i am thinking I am going to go ahead with it but would love to hear from somebody who has been through it.

Date Posted: 26 April 2009 at 7:45pm
Hi Shanstace,
Kazzle is taking Clexane injections, if you PM her I'm sure she'd be happy to chat about it.

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 28 April 2009 at 9:40am
Hi girls, I just wanted to share my good news. Got back my maternal serum results yesterday to find that our risk for Downs has gone from 1/53 to 1/8810! Completely crazy, I'm still in a state of shock but sure you'll all understand how thrilled I am. Have been crying and laughing for nearly 24 hours now, it's nuts!

So I won't be loitering in this group anymore but will keep checking back to see how you all are. Wishing you all the best with the rest of your pregnancies, and beautiful, much-loved babes at the end of it

-------------

Posted By: CuriousG
Date Posted: 28 April 2009 at 9:55am
That rocks Gingerbaby, I was thinking about you just last night! Told you that it would probably be ok - I am going to go through the same thing shortly too with the bloods. Fingers crossed for me!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 April 2009 at 6:13pm
Ginger baby glad to hear your results came back good!!

-------------

Baby Alistair 7/1/09

Date Posted: 29 April 2009 at 7:26pm

Glad to hear the results are great Gingerbaby.

I got good news this week too, my placenta is well and truly out of the way so now there's just the GBS and bleeding disorder.  Off to see the ob tomorrow and I have an appointment at the high risk clinic at the end of may.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 3:07pm
Hey guys- just home from Auckland Hospital. they may down grade us from high risk to moderate if all well in two weeks with some followup bloods and our anatomy scan, which means we can be transferred to the local hospital's obstetrician. Phew!
am still nervous though as keep waiting for somethingto go wrong. feeling like crying this afternoon, so might go curl up with a good book or a soppy movie and have a bawl- apparently helps.
Hmmmm
hope everyone elses week has improved.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Date Posted: 08 May 2009 at 7:06am
hey guys scrap that last post .might not be on forum for next few weeks have had some news that may turn out to be very very bad, but am trying to stay positive, so will just keep a low profile til we know the outcome, obviously too much bragging by me yesterdayabout everything.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Date Posted: 08 May 2009 at 8:27am
  Hugs liveinhope.  I hope the news turns out to be an unnecessary scare rather than bad news.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2009 at 4:08pm
livenhope I hope it turns out just to be a scare to, take care.

-------------

Baby Alistair 7/1/09

Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 8:48am
Hey everyone just jumped on as don't want you guys to worry so much re me. Stressed myself out so much ended up with MS & migraine friday/sat- which put me in hospital. Mainly just to get some pain relief sorted. However they found I had ketones (burning fat in lieu of food) and low potassium. So ended up in Auckland from sat til last night. Woken with same headache today and hubby and I have decided that its blood pressure (which was high all weekend) He is pissed off that the hospital didn't do anything about it. So we are seeing if we can get something organised. In some ways hosp stay was good as my consultant did the rounds and told me she is not worried about the blood tests that freaked everyone on thursday- so while still no good news it sounds more postive. If bp doesn';t come right today will be back in auckland tonight yeah. NOT. thanks for all the support.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Posted By: Vanillabean
Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 11:34am
I am high risk after having had three miscarriages last year.
On Friday I found out I am pregnant again. Unfortunately things aren't looking so good for this being a sticky baby as I have been bleeding for the last 10 days (thought it was my period at first). Anyway, I had an hcg test on Friday which was 20 and am awaiting the results of a second one today. Given all the bad signs I have had, and my history, its almost certain to be non-viable but I can't help but have a little bubble of hope in my heart.

-------------
5x mc, Jan 08, June 08, Nov 08, May 09, April 11

Posted By: mylilmosaic
Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 12:11pm
Awwww Vanillabean. I really hope that its ok and this little bean stays put Are they able to test to give you some answers as to why!! I does not seem fair after three m/c's that there is not a reason and they can't just treat it. Sorry again hun as I do understand how you feel

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 12:29pm
Oh Vanillabean, I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you, and hope that you get a great result like I did. As above, have you had any tests done??

Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 1:30pm
Yep, I've had lots of tests done and I'm one of the people who falls into the unexplained category.   Really don't know what to think about the cause(s). I went to see two specialists in February and they both said they might put me on heparin if I had another miscarriage. So, I might get to go on that next time.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 2:20pm
OMG, I'm in shock. My hcg has risen from 20 to 55. This could be a viable pregnancy. I can't believe it.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 2:39pm
Ohhhh....huge fingers crossed for you!!!!

I was unexplained as well, until I had a prog test once I was actually pregnant - which showed low levels. My actual prog tests beforehand when investigating my recurrent m/c were all normal, so it came as a slight surprise.

Posted By: mylilmosaic
Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 2:52pm
Yay Vanillabean, Ive got everything crossed for you that those levels keep rising nicely and that this is one sticky bean

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 3:49pm
Hey vanillabean I hope it all goes well for you and your hcg levels keep rising

-------------

Baby Alistair 7/1/09

Date Posted: 14 May 2009 at 2:41pm
I'm afraid they didn't. The levels have fallen from 55 to 44 over the last three days.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 3:17pm
Oh vanillabean, iknow everyone says this but do hang in there, take some time for you, and also you and partner. We have had 3 losses, and this one so far has stuck in there with a few glitches, but it just means it means more when it happens.
Deep breathe, soppy movie, and some quality couple time. and anyone who gives yoiu the well whats wrong with you, slap them or avoid them, don't be ashamed to let people see how much it hurts to lose a baby nor how insensitive people can be. this time we didn't tell heaps of people due to that and when we did they were hurt we hadn't told them earlier and Hubby told them it was due to the way they had treated me before. and most apologised profusely. Stupidity is curse.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 4:58pm
Hi vanillabean I agree with liveinhope you have to hang in there I have been through a stillbirth and all you can do is take it one day at a time.

-------------

Baby Alistair 7/1/09

Date Posted: 22 May 2009 at 7:50am
Hey guys quick update
Had scan they first cancelled the amnio then said we may still need it.
Now found a possible issue with bubs, if was on own then 85% normal but with blood test issue still not sorted maybe an indoccation that bubs has been affected. SOOO
having another scan in 2 weeks +/- amnio. Around and around we go.
It is so good to see that this forum is quiet it is a good sign.
Chins up.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Date Posted: 03 June 2009 at 5:19pm
Well had my first midwife appointment today. BP was already a little high but no protein or sugar so my midwife wasn't too concerned. She is keeping a close eye on me and I will be referred to the high risk team at the hospital at 20 weeks. Double the amount of appointments. My midwife is fairly confident that I am going to be able to avoid having another premmie.

-------------

Posted By: Krissie
Date Posted: 07 June 2009 at 10:36am

Hi guys.

I guess i fall into this catagory as i'm preggie but they think it may be ectopic?

I was rushed into hospital on Tuesday the 2nd with severe lower abdominal pain and light bleeding, and was told i was preggie but probably miscarrying. I had a scan around midday and they saw a 22mm mass in my right tube beside my Ovary, and at first said it was a ruptured cyst. A second doctor came in and did some more scanning and said it was an ectopic pregnancy.

By this time i had no pain what so ever, and just light spotting with a few small clots. I was stable (bp normal and feeling fine physically) but they transferred me from Waitakere hospital to North Shore to see the Gyno team and get it teriminated.

When i got to Nth shore hospital, the Gyno Doc said she was not so sure it was ectopic, but was concerned the my HCG level was only at 589 (they guessed i was around 5 weeks along, but i'd had a period only 10 days before admission.

Because i felt fine they eventually let me eat and then go home.

On Thursday (the 4th) i had to go to the Early Preg Clinic for more blood tests, and got a HCG reading of 694. Still had no pain, and the spotting had more or less stopped. I have had normal preggie things, like peeing more often, increased hunger and sence of smell, and what may be early morning sickness ( gagging at some things, visual or smells).

The doctor there has told me to get another blood test on Tuesday 9th, first thing in the morning, and she'll call me with the results in the afternoon.

If my Hcg levels are only about 1000, then i'll have to have an emergency scan to look again at possible ectopic, but if it's over 1500 then she'll just book me for a normal early pregnancy scan locally.

So i have a few more days to go before i can relax and enjoy this, and am trying to stay possitive and happy (not an easy feat )

So yeah.... sorry about the novel, but thats where i'm at.

FX (and toes and legs and arms and....)

-------------

Date Posted: 09 June 2009 at 8:13pm

Krissie did you hear back from the doc?

My specialist appointments are all over and done with and I won't see anymore until I go into labour (or if everything goes well shortly afterwards).  For those unaware I have a bleeding disorder called von Willebrans disease which means my blood doesn't clot properly so I'm high risk (I even get my dental work done through the hospital jic) my baby also has a 50% chance of having the same disorder.

Plan A is a nice and easy natural VB without any assistance under "managed" conditions (i.e. I have to go to the hospital as soon as I'm certain that I'm in labour).  All the specialists agree that this is the safest by far and we're hoping that it's what happens.

If baby needs help getting out we can't use ventouse at all and they will only allow forceps if he's in an easy position (i.e. low down and can be gently moved) because the risk of him having the same bleeding issues as me is too high.

If I need help with pain management the preference is for me to try gas first then pethidine.  If the pain is still to much to manage a senior aneathetist is to assess me and decide whether it's safer to use an epidural or fentanyl (because I'm at higher risk of a haemotoma I might not be allowed an epidural but they will decide on the day, apparently the risk is still very low).

If I need a cs it's to be done under aneasthetic rather than epidural.

No matter how the birth goes (unless it's a cs) I have been told to have a managed 3rd stage and I'll be put on a syntocin drip for 4 hours after the baby is born (no shower for me). 

I also have to have bloods taken immediately to assess my von willebrans factor and the results discussed with my haemotologist.

So all bases are covered and now I'm just waiting to see what eventuates.

-------------

Posted By: Krissie
Date Posted: 11 June 2009 at 9:55pm

Hey guys.

Sadly it was ectopic, and i was rushed in for emergency surgery on Monday morning after my right tube ruptured.

The surgeon said I was lucky, cause apparently i went into shock from blood loss and could have died, but i dont remember much.

I dont feel lucky either.

I lost my Angel and my right tube.

They said i was roughly 7 weeks along. 

My HCG was only 974,

I guess it wasn't meant to be.

-------------

Posted By: Tastic
Date Posted: 13 June 2009 at 8:40pm
So Sorry to hear about your ectopic Krissie

Ill be classed as high risk this time, as aidan was a micro premmie have an appointment with the midwife - after my scan that I will book on monday
so will update when I can

Date Posted: 13 June 2009 at 10:14pm
Krissie I'm so sorry for your loss.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 June 2009 at 10:48am
Oh Krissie, Chin up as they say. have some you/ and hubby time then bretahe and go with the flow it will happen when your body is ready. Probably sounds crass at the moment but with one tube you can use the excuse you have to practice twice as hard! Let us know when the new bub is on the way then we can all keep finger crossed for you etc.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 12:20pm
Any updates from anyone??

My pregnancy seems to be going smoothly this time round..so far! Still time for this to go wrong but hoping to keep on top of it Scan on Thursday, I am excited to find out what this little bean is and if its still a bit bigger for my dates not worried about a bigger bubs this time due to DD being so small.

-------------

Posted By: ElfsMum
Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 12:56pm
they aren't sure if i classify as risky or not atm..i had pre pre eclampsia.. and in the end induced cause of that but not till 38 weeks so very lucky there (and docs estimate 4-30% chance of having it again) but i had last time ureaplasma cells and strep b which combined can cause early pre term labour.. so that freaked me out more than I was already..this time cause i had Ab's 24,28,32 last time they probably won't want to see me which freaks me out more but it's possible I guess both problems have gone away..I hope so!!

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 12:57pm
mini-30 weeks!!!!!OMG!

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 1:01pm
last time I had ureaplasma cells and strep b which combined which DID cause early pre term labour.
and they are even more worried since I had no syptoms! nothing at all infact I had felt the best throughout my whole pregnancy just the day before
just got back from the doctors who had to do more tests then will be referred to the hospital

Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 1:30pm
thats why i dont get why it is different with me..maybe because Ethan was 'full term' I just had an irritation so they swabbed me and then swabbed me every four weeks and gave me a course of Ab's every time ..my mw wasnt really that worried and neither is this one..i must remember to ask her but she thinks hospital wont want to see me... ?

ugh it does make me worry a little knowing we have the same thing but i dont get any tests for it:( i will wait till next mw appointment and tell her I am concerned i think..

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 3:23pm
Maybe because they were 'ontop' of it and managed to give you antibiotics there that is what the difference is?
Like I said, I had no symptoms at all that I was sick and I even went to a wedding and house warming the day before. however at 3am on the sunday my body - or should I say Aidan had had enough so he put up a fight and was born at 5.15pm that night after a few attempts to stop my contractions
Also due to the infection, aidan was VERY SICk I mean on antibiotics for about 4-6 weeks, thats just how bad it was

Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 8:03pm
*hugs* what do they think are the chances of it happening again?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 9:29pm
Just popping in...Tastic that sounds really scary - fingers crossed everything goes ok this time.

I'm doing fine...big and uncomfy and counting down now. The girls were just under 3lb each (estimated) at their last growth scan at 28w and I should have another one shortly. I'm waiting for my MW to get back to me about my GTT, which I should find out about on Wednesday I'm guessing. Other than that....I really have no idea what the plan is!! I stopped work 2 weeks ago which was a good move, as I have pretty bad swelling and SPD.

Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 10:42pm
Because the infection was unknown Im not sure, I know they said at my 6 week checkup after aidan there was a higher risk, but if they keep checking then I guess its reduced?
Minik8e - how long before the girls are born? like do you have a week or date in mind?
YAY for finishing work, bet you feel alot better not having to go in :)

Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 10:53pm
I honestly don't know - my ob hasn't discussed anything with me about when or how. I would prefer 36w max, which is only 2 weeks off full-term for twins, but it is very much a waiting game that depends on their growth and health really.

I think if you're regularly checked, it would reduce the risk because hopefully they'll be able to pick it up before it gets to the stage it was at with Aiden??

Date Posted: 20 July 2009 at 10:57pm
fingers crossed - thats all I can do this time around!
I dont know if I could handle another bout in nicu

Date Posted: 21 July 2009 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Tastic Tastic wrote:

fingers crossed - thats all I can do this time around!
I dont know if I could handle another bout in nicu

I feel so the same!! As much as I know NICU was necessary I never want to have to go back there again!!

Fingers crossed we can all stay out of there

-------------

Date Posted: 21 July 2009 at 1:55pm
kate:( hugs to the swelling ... been there:( you are doing so well!

tastic- just cause i read your are getting checked for cervical length too..what makes them worry about that? i thought that knowing it was strep and urea means it is known? it's such a hard thing...guess it's not easily predicted so often !:(

*hugs* to the NICU.... my friend's 36 weeker was in there and she found it tough even then...i can't imagine what it's like with a very prem bub:( hopefully none of us have to go there (again)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 21 July 2009 at 9:53pm
Imogen,
oh yes I definatly know what you mean about nicu being important and needing for aidan to go there, if he didnt he would of died almost instantly, we almost lost him while in nicu so they are truley miracle workers!
I just dont know how I could handle the long stay like we had with aidan. but only time will tell

sorry for sounding stupid and slow
but how long were you in nicu for?

Date Posted: 22 July 2009 at 8:07am
We were in NICU for 8 weeks, DD was then transferred to SCBU for another 4 weeks. In hospital for 12 weeks all up, came home a week before her due date but then had to spend another 5-6 weeks on oxygen at home.

How big was Aidan??

-------------

Date Posted: 23 July 2009 at 8:16am
he was a good weight - but still tiny of 2lb 8oz or 1135g
one of the bigger baby's for his gestation, but due to the infection etc we almost lost him a few times - once I was there and even pushing manual breath on his vent machine - they had to do cpr he also needed his pda closed which was at 10 days old many other things and we stayed in nicu for 115days - almost 4 months

how big was your dd and now early?

Date Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:36pm
She was delivered at 27+5 but unfortunatly was very tiny for her gestation....she weighed in at a mere 520grams. Thankfully she avoided all infections and surgery but the first week was very touch and go...she did required a lot of respitory support.

-------------

Posted By: trish
Date Posted: 24 July 2009 at 11:30am
Hi guys i thought i would koin in this if thats ok.. i am currently 10 weeks along and am under auckland hospital care as i have had 2 previous pregnancys and lost both at 23 weeks.. i been diagnoised with a very short cervix and am heading to auckland at the beginning of august for a trans abdominal stitch as i go into prem labour.. i just wanted to say hi and am very scared but hope all will work out ine..

Date Posted: 24 July 2009 at 4:42pm
All the best trish (great name btw )
I have to have a scan to check my cervix as I may need the stitch too!

I wish you a happy safe pregnancy

Date Posted: 27 July 2009 at 12:34pm
Welcome Trish, so sorry to hear about your losses. Everything crossed that the stich works for you this time.

Had my appointment with my MW today. She is very worried. At this stage she is thinking I will be lucky to make it to 33 weeks Better than last time but I was really hoping to make it to term. I have an appointment with the high risk team on Wednesday. Have to have my BP checked weekly and bloods done fortnightly (check liver function). Also down to fortnightly appointments with my MW. She wants me to stop working ASAP and start getting as much rest as possible. Not sure how we are going to manage financially at this stage but im sure we can work something out.

Thankgoodness at this stage my BP is stable but with the scarring on my kidneys and the abnormal blood flow to bubs there is no saying how long that will last.

Right better go and get some rest!! Really hate feeling so lazy.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2009 at 5:52pm
Had my specialist appointment today...thank god my MW was able to make it. I probably would have cried if she wasnt there . There wasn't really anything new that the OB was able to tell me. It is a major case of monitoring and waiting to see what happens. There is nothing that they can do for the notching in the uterine arteries....in a few rare cases they do go away but given this is my second time with it happening its not likely. The OB said best possible scenario (albiet unlikely) would be for me to hold out till 36-37 weeks and have bubs weighing in at about 4-5 pound. But I will likely have to deliver a bit earlier than that if the environment gets too harsh for bubs. Thank god she did say that they will do anything possible for me to have a VBAC...I really dont want another c section if possible. Weekly monitoring of my BP and fornightly checks with my MW. The OB wants to see me again at 28 weeks unless something comes up in my scans at 23 and 27 weeks.

How is everyone else going?? Feel like im talking to myself LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2009 at 6:08pm
hello, sorry haven't been on for ages. Was checking it weekly then stopped as felt like as you said talking to self.
Lots of new ladies and babies so here is me and squirt. 4th attempt 3 miscarriages, this time cmv infection (Who knew) in first 8 weeks (? reoccurance from past) montioring squirt as can cause really bad stuff until 6 months post delivery, hyperemesis (7.5kg loss), Hyper tension, dodgy left kidney with birth defect (me), torn stomach 17 weeks,
Under high risk auckland 2 weekly visits alternating m/w/ obs (and medical reg when she remembers )
Would love to organise a meet up with other high risk mums (even if on our day at hospital) my day is thursdays on even week. or any day that suits. am still (miracle of miracles) working but reduced hours 3 days per week on shifts (yuck) if continued luck will work till 23 september but reducing hours further come early september.
all i can say is keep positive, at one stage they were freaking about the cmv, hubby and I opted not for amnio as at 18 weeks short of a baby with 2 heads we werenot taking the risk of miscarriage and they said even if problem found no treatment known for TORCH syndrome ( cmv - freaky stuff) also originally they said any where from 28 weeks for delivery and be prepared for tiny , now they are saying maybe fullterm and "good size" ( my family has 9lb+ babies, I don't think full term good idea, I am not that wide).
Find out this week how much our little squirt is weighing in. and whether the little acrobat has flipped out of breech and is staying there or not. What ever I have something hard pushing up on my right rib cage praying for a foot not a head again.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Date Posted: 29 July 2009 at 7:35pm
Where abouts on the shore are you liveinhope?? Sounds like your having a really tough time...hugs and I hope that things work out for you.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 August 2009 at 9:51am
Hey guys, turns out squirt had moved but is still breech, he now prefers to sit on the right with his feet on my left hip, similar to the way his dad sits to watch tv. HEE hee. ACh is a bit of a joke , had 3pm scan appt, 330 obs and supposedly 4pm med reg. Well
scan at 3.30, obs at 5pm! and med reg didn't evcen see us just sent a message thru obs that doing so well (for which we are glad) don't need to see. The reason we are under ach is my health issues and i have seen the med reg once at 13 weeks and been in ach twice since then. thank heavens for a lovely m/w (sam) who runs after the med reg getting my meds adjusted all the time.
End of vent.
Note to everyone try and get morning appts they tend to run a bit more to time.

Hopefully a photo of our little darling.
Well not so little they have told us once ifinish work they are aiming for 8lb, so it sounds like they may look at inducing us???

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Date Posted: 04 August 2009 at 9:53am
can't get photo on will have to get hubby to do or else its on the october forum.

-------------
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Posted By: Luna_Azzura
Date Posted: 06 August 2009 at 9:13pm
Hi ladies,

apologies, i haven't read back to the beginning, but was wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with a bicornate uterous (Heart shaped).

I did the wrong wrong wrong thing and googled it (never do this unless prepared), and some of the info was a bit scary.

i am only 6 weeks along, but the risk is in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters as the uterous might not stretch properly and baby doesn't have enough room.

but all going fantastically so far - so fingers crossed

-------------
http://alterna-tickers.com"> http://petitesabine.blogspot.com - petite sabine

Date Posted: 08 August 2009 at 11:09am
There's a lady on here - Bombshell - who has a bicornuate uterus which I THINK was discovered when she was pregnant. She has a gorgeous little girl now, who's 3 from memory. You might be able to PM her and ask her any questions?? Her pg was slightly more complicated as she also had fibroids, but still!

I'm getting there slowly....have GD which is being controlled by insulin injections 3x daily, the girls are decent sizes although leading twin, cheeky monkey, has turned breech which I am NOT impressed about LOL So it's looking like a c-s for me, either elective at 37/38 weeks, or emergency if I go into labour before that (which is seeming quite likely - I'm measuring 41w and my body has just had enough really)...

Date Posted: 10 August 2009 at 10:24am
Good luck minik8e, cant even begin to imagine how hard it would be carrying twins.

Another MW appointment today so I hope my BP is playing the game and is still nice and stable.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 August 2009 at 9:12pm
I had my first OB appointment and it went really well, she made a plan of attack when when Ill be needing scans, swabs and bloods and explained why they will be doing these. Also asked 101 questions which was kinda nice, then she went to talk to her boss and came back with what definatly will be done

so today - bloods and urine test - to check for uti
next day ot two - scan to check cervix
next week - swabs and go over bloods
6 weeks - 21st sep, anatomy scan plus check cervix, follow up with OB, swabs and more bloods
then every 4 weeks swabs, scans and bloods
Ill get ab's when and if needed
labour - IV ab's to prevent or get ontop of strep B

Posted By: fire_engine
Date Posted: 12 August 2009 at 8:38pm
Cinders, we had Thomasina in the July 08 thread with a bicornuate uterus - had a VB at 37 weeks (spontaneous labour). Don't think she's on here anymore (though you could try PMing her) but it's been done successfully

-------------
Mum to two wee boys

Posted By: Troods
Date Posted: 15 August 2009 at 9:45pm
Hiya. Only just discovered this thread.

I'm due with 2nd late Jan/early Feb. Had sudden onset severe pre-eclampsia at 30 weeks with Emily. She was born 31w 4d at just 1350gms. She spent 4 weeks in NICU and I spent a week in hospital post-birth being monitored and drugged to the hilt on bp meds.

Anyway I'm considered high risk this time round. MW referred me to a specialist who suspects it's likely I might not get it this time, but just in case I have to take daily asprin, calcium and continue folic acid up until 37 weeks. She got me to do a blood test last week too to check for presence of something or other I can't remember what now but haven't heard so must've been all good. Also have to have a scan at 24 weeks to check growth and blood flow, and more growth scans at 28 and 32 weeks (if I make it that far ) I really would like to make it full term this time, if not, at least make it to 36-37 weeks.

My BP has been behaving so far, started out 110/70, last check it was 100/60. But with Emily it behaved too averaging 100/50-60 right up until it was last checked at 28 weeks by MW at my regular appointment. Then the day before my next MW appointment I ended up in hospital with BP of 165/105!!! So inbetween MW visits I think I'll pop into my Drs and see a nurse to get it checked weekly, and also my chiropractor can check my BP too - just to cover all basis!

Oh and *waves* to familiar faces from Jan/Feb 2010 threads.

-------------

Missed MC July 2011

Posted By: shadowfeet
Date Posted: 18 August 2009 at 1:55pm

Hey,

I've decided to pop into this thread now.

I'm at 22w4d now, due on the 18th of December. have just had a specialist appointment. I have 3 more scans, at 26, 32 and 36 weeks (if I make it that far). If alls going well I could have a natural birth, up to 1 week after my due date.

If it's not going so well then it'll be an early induction perhaps around 38 weeks, with a high chance of further intervention. Those are the better case scenarios which aren't too bad in my opinion. I did get told the options in the case of anything worse developing as well which aren't so good.

I'm at high risk of pre-eclampsia and have an unstable bp, am on bp meds twice a day to hopefully prevent it getting out of control again (was referred urgently to the specialist team at 4weeks because of a bp of 160/100).

The specialist said there was a 50/50 chance of it going either way but that we just have to hope.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 August 2009 at 2:26pm
trud yeah my PE (though i only had pre PE) hasn't been mentioned...they reckon way lower risk of two children with same partner..but it's still scary...hopefully you get a 37+ weeker(hopefully we all do!!)

and mw seems to think they definitely don't need to see me so I'm not monitored at all but i will be insisting on swabs from 24 weeks.. i just googled it and it seems alot more common than i thought..just i guess most people don't get tested for it.. so hopefully everything will go well like with Ethan? except no induction due to pre PE and low platelets and high bp..woken every four hours!

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 18 August 2009 at 4:07pm
Welcome shadowfeet. Looks like we are both playing the wait and see how far you get game!! I am hoping that my scan on Thursday shows that the uterine notching isn't causing too many probs and bubs is still growing at a steady rate. Thankfully at the moment my BP has been behaving itself.....but then again I was fine with DD right up until the day that I was admitted to hospital (27+2) so like you I could go either way.

-------------

Posted By: 5th...and final??
Date Posted: 18 August 2009 at 7:51pm
hi everyone.

i have a bicornuate uterus, but minimal septum, so just end up with a distinct heart shape at the end of my pregnancies. it has not caused any issues with either pregnancy, so i am no longer considered high-risk for that reason anymore. in fact, this time they did not even do an early scan to make sure embryo had implanted on side of uterus and not on top.

i had severe pre-eclampsia/HELLP/eclampisa first time round (depending on which OB you talk to!). BP was up to 220/120, had a stuffed liver and kidneys, lowered platelets, uncontrollable shaking in limbs etc. etc. etc. but didn't get it till 38 weeks. managed to deliver vaginally, but not without shoulder dystocia.

my second pregnancy was monitored closely, had my own urinalysis strips at home to pee on every day from 2nd trimester and had my own blood pressure monitor to use daily. got pre-eclampsia at 37 weeks, had a weekend hospital stay, but it stayed at 'safe' levels and bubs arrived at 40 weeks, shoulder dystocia again.

this time i am being watched for pre-eclampsia, but the pressing issue is the shoulder dystocia.
labour went from 39 hours to 4 hours, and 2nd bubs was bigger, hence shoulder dystocia was worse. mcroberts manovuere first time, woods second time.

this baby is 96th percentile, other 2 were around 50%. so starting to freak out about him getting stuck....

Date Posted: 19 August 2009 at 8:26am
Welcome 3rdtimelucky. Wow thats all sounds very scary!! Hopefully bubs doens't get too big this time round.

-------------

Posted By: mochers
Date Posted: 26 August 2009 at 6:37pm
has anyone had a combined blood test as part of the antenatel screening for Down syndrome? and if so were you charged for it? I went for mine and the midwives, lab and pathology unit couldnt decide if there was a charge and what it should be even though it states on the national screening unit web site (ministry of health link) that it is now free. http://www.nsu.govt.nz/Current-NSU-Programmes/2778.asp
I ended up paying $205 for the combined test - bit of a surprise as I was under the impression it was free!

Date Posted: 26 August 2009 at 10:56pm
Mochers - my midwife said it was FREE! can't believe you had to pay $205 EEK I think I would of died if I had to pay that much!

ohh and welcome to OhBaby

Posted By: sweets
Date Posted: 01 September 2009 at 11:33am
Hi ladies just been reading through and I LOVE seeing your posts from ages ago and then your tickers below at 20-30 weeks!

I'd like to know how those doing daily Clexane injections are going?
I have Factor V Leiden which just gives me a higher chance of having clots and means I've been getting growth scans to make sure baby's still growing and I haven't had a clot in the placenta or cord.

I've seen the OB at the hospital a few times earlier in pregnancy and am due to see them again soon.

My biggest worry at the moment is about labour/birth.
I've also been told to go to the hospital as soon as I know I'm in labour.
If I have had clexane within 12/24(can't remember atm) hours then I can't have an epidural and if I need a C-Section then I will be put under a general anesthetic.

I have to continue with my clexane shots for 6-8 weeks after baby's born and have read that it is not recommended to breast feed whilst using clexane. I've done a little bit of research and it seems like some woman are told you can breastfeed, and others are told you can't!?! So at the moment I'm trying to get to the bottom of this!

My MW has mentioned that the OB will probably want to induce me, but I'm hoping to get some set answers soon so I know what to expect!

Good luck to everyone else in this thread and I hope you all have beautiful and healthy baby's!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 September 2009 at 12:59pm
hi melissa,

I was having clexane injections throughout my pregnancy, and you need to stop then 24 hours before you are induced.

apparently if you go into labour and you have taken your injection and you need a csection then they knock you out for it, and they cant risk putting in a spinal.

i also breastfeed for 7 wks, BUT i didnt have to take clexane after the birth (i have APS), which like factor 5 is one of the main 3 causes for miscarriage.

My spec wanted to induce me, but as i had already had a section i went for elective....but i know a couple of girls who took clexane throughout pregnancy and after and had no problems with breastfeed.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 September 2009 at 1:02pm
shadowfeet,

just wondering what bp meds they put you on...as my bp did that with my first pregnancy and they put me on labetalol (sp?) and i found it didnt do anything.

i am now on something called Methyldop, its an old bp med that is really safe in pregnancy (used it in my grandparents day), and i also take it when im not pregnant and my bp has come down from 150/100 to 120/78...so something to query.

I hope you girls are all doing okay *big hugs*

-------------

Date Posted: 01 September 2009 at 2:12pm
mochers i thought it was free too..

how did the scan go Imogen?

interesting about factor 5....it's in my Dh's family but he doesn't have it I assume it cant be passed down then?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 01 September 2009 at 2:54pm
Thanks for asking Four_eyes, I forgot to update this thread after my scan.

The notching hasn't got any worse or better. Bubs is a little on the small side and they are still concerned about the rate of growth. I have another scan on the 17th of September. At this stage it is still a case of wait and see for me. It was at this stage with DD that she had pretty much stopped growing so it will be interesting to see how much this one has grown at my next scan. They estimated bubs to be around 560grams at 23 weeks, so she is already bigger than what DD was when she was born.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net