Print Page | Close Window

Weight Loss for IVF

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: Support
Forum Name: Coping with infertility
Forum Description: Have you been trying to conceive unsuccessfully? Dealing with primary or secondary infertility? Get support, advice, and help coping here.
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37167
Printed Date: 28 April 2024 at 1:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Weight Loss for IVF
Posted By: MaeBeeBaby
Subject: Weight Loss for IVF
Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:50am
Hi,

I need to get 10kgs off FAST as I want to do my next round of IVF in March. With Christmas looming I plan to start a full-on attack of weight loss after Boxing Day. I don't drink a lot so can certainly quit having a wine after Christmas Day.

What have others done to lose weight FAST. I know that 'fast' isn't good but I am aware of that and whatever quick plan I do would only be short-term, just to get rid of some kgs, and then go onto a more sustainable plan.

I have looked at the 14-day detox and it seems really good, and know of some who have had great success on it. Is there anything else out there?

I am also limited to my exercise cause of a knee problem (that is pending an operation - ho hum which I can't do when trying to get pregnant of course) - so yes I can cycle, and I have a treadmill.

Also, if anyone else wants to join me on this journey then please feel free. Perhaps we can keep this thread going as a weight--loss thread for IVF'ers as well as for ideas on losing weight quickly.

I will monitor my weight with a ticker from www.myfitnesspal.com once I get the ball rolling.

Replies:
Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:51am
PS: I am not after any diet plans that cost money, because my IVF is private, not public-funded, and money is tight esp as we haven't had any success yet.

Posted By: kebakat
Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 8:49am
You will find with those detox things you will loose it really fast and gain it back really fast as well so you probably won't keep it off for those couple of months. Its easy enough to loose a kg a week when you have plenty to loose if you just stick with some really good eating and a bit of decent exercise. I lost 5.5kg in 6 weeks doing that. And theres exercise you can do with a bung knee. Swimming is FANTASTIC for shedding weight and being very low impact. Even if you aren't a good swimmer just do lengths kicking with a flutterboard. I did that while preg up until the end and I had loads of pains everywhere in the last month but swimming was great

Posted By: jazzy
Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 10:33am
Hi MB, the best way to lose the weight is eat less. 70-80% of weight loss is on what you eat.

I have done liquid diets & they don't work, you may lose a bit but it is hard to keep it up & sill feel happy.

Cut out breads, sauces, dressings. Eat fruit & salads, drink heaps of water & watch portion sizes.

Now I know you will not think that it is a quick way to lose the weight but it will be a steady loss & if you put the effort in & get moving like walking you will see a loss.

My kids are getting swimming lessons for the IL's for xmas & I want them to go swimming after in the pools so that means me getting in & I am no where near ready for public swimming or will be by then but I am going to bite the bullet & hope I don't see anyone I know. I am also going to go swimming when the kids are back at school & kindy, so is the plan. I have 3 weeks to go.

I am starting my walking back up from tonight & will do it every night so it is a bit of a head start as I was going to start after xmas...but why wait.

You have 10 weeks before March if you start now & you can eat what you like on xmas day, that's what I am doing...free pass & lots of salads.

You have the perfect goal to lose weight for & you have support in the weight loss thread once you see a loss it will fire you up & there will be no stopping you...

Good luck & I know you can reach your goal

Posted By: Shezzey
Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:20pm

hey Maebeebaby... sorry about your ivf hun    and lots of hugs

I have been using myfitnesspal.com for the last few weeks and have lost 4kgs.  It really works for me... also I have only been drinking water and coffee or tea... no sodas or fruitjuices as they are loaded with sugar!  Good Luck Doll x

Posted By: HuMum
Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 6:54am
I'm also on a weightloss drive to lose weight before restarting fertility. Low GI combined with portion control is working for me. In 3 months I have lost 5kg without any exercise, and the occasional sneaky herseys chocolate kiss! (Imagine if I found time to exercise!!!!)

Basically no potatoes, sugars, white flour or white bread. Most snacks are now fruit, or yogurt. Breakfast is porridge or low gi bread with banana or a smoothie. Pasta and sushi for lunch/dinner. Lots of fruit and veg.

With the low GI I don't find I get hungry, so its easy to eat less.

I also think the portion control is a major factor. DH is also cutting back his portions while still eating everything he normally eats (including fast food!) and he is losing weight quickly too.

Posted By: _H_
Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 8:06am
Im on duromine and this is hepling a lot. Im sure you will google it but basically it makes you feel full faster so of course you eat less. I havent weighed myself since i have been on it (less then 2weeks) but i know i have lost weight

Oh there is a long list of side effects and a lot docs wont give it to you because of them. I havent had any side effects, the only problem i have had is actually eating! I have to remember to eat during the day at work

-------------
http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Rubyrock
Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 11:31am
I went to a nutritionist last year and managed to lose 8kgs over about 4 mths.
I've been told by our FS to lose about 5kgs before we start IVF in July so need to get back into it ( things have sort of gone 'pear shaped' after the mc)
Basically this is what I will do(again):
Brekkie: hard boiled egg or ww baked beans on burgen soylin bread toasted
Lunch: small tin of salmon/tuna with huge salad or steam fresh veges and another piece of toast. Used to cut into crouton size pieces to mix it up a bit on the salad
afternoon tea: yoghurt or glass of milk
dinner: 1/2 cup protein (chicken, meat, fish) and half the plate needs to be green, ie salad or veges &
can have small pototo

Usually by the time i finish lunch I cant do the afternoon tea thing cause am still full.
She also said to walk 3kms in 30mins atlest 5-6 times a week.

she had those bmi weigh scales (awful things) and this menu plan helped reduce the fat percentage quite considerably.

-------------
TTC#1 Jan 07
Me 39 DP 41 MFI
DI#1&2 Sep & Oct 09 BFN
DI#3 Feb 10 BFP - mc @ 9wks
DI#4 Jul 10 - BFN
DI#5 Aug 10 - BFP - chem pg
IVF #1 Aug/Sept 11 - BFP - chem pg

Posted By: ginger
Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 8:25pm
Honestly, I know they recommend a BMI-related weight for IVF, but when you look around yourself, people at both extremes of the scale fall pregnant - some with reasonable regularity! Look at Posh Spice at one extreme ... she looks like it wouldn't even take a stiff breeze to carry her away

I think you're best to take care of yourself (portion control and healthy eating can't set you wrong) but don't place your body and soul under the extra stress that ditching a lot of weight would place on it - it does upset the apple cart some, and that's the last thing you want. The best thing you can do is be healthy and follow the clinic recommendations. All the best MaeBee - it's a hell of a ride, and those negative results hit hard

-------------
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41

Posted By: kiwikt
Date Posted: 20 December 2010 at 9:43am
I am on a big weight loss drive at the moment too.

The most important thing is to NOT STARVE YOUSELF.

If you do that then your body stores any food you eat as fat because it thinks there is not enough available. That is why liquid diets and most detox's dont work, as soon as you start eating real food again your body panics and stores it in case it is the only food it is going to get.

I have been doing weightwatchers for the past few weeks, and while I havent lost as much as I could have (I have had a few drinks leading up to christmas), eating well can easily loose you a kg a week.

Cut out as much sweet stuff as possible. Make sure you have a bit of protein with each meal, and limit carbs.

I start each day with two vogels and tomato.
Lunch is usually a salad or a low fat subway roll.
Dinner - half a plate of greens (salad, stirfry, grilled veges etc), a hand full of protein, and a patato or some cheese or carb.

There are heaps of ways you can mix this up. Stuffed veges with low fat cottage cheese baked in the oven is a nice variation.

Just watch your snacking - vege or fruit only. Make sure you are getting enough calcium (so a low fat yogurt a day is good), and make sure you eat regularly.

-------------
Due 14/10/11
http://lilypie.com">

Posted By: lilfatty
Date Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:06pm
One thing to realise about the "detoxing diets" is that its just working on shedding water, so you arent actually losing any weight as such (well only water, no fat, which is your goal).

Eat less, move more

-------------
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year http://www.femininefitness.co.nz/category/blog - LFs weight blog

Date Posted: 20 December 2010 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

Eat less, move more

If only it was that simple, we would all be skinny.

Posted By: ginger
Date Posted: 20 December 2010 at 6:35pm

Eat less, move more

And you move a LOT

-------------
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41

Posted By: trouble06
Date Posted: 20 December 2010 at 9:53pm
Mmm - I have just looked at the fitness pal website and it looks great. I am trying to lose about 5 km by the end of Jan.

I so miss Vogels toast (twice toasted with avocado!!) .... yumm pity that you cannot buy it here in Melbourne. The toast range over here is pityful.

Date Posted: 20 December 2010 at 10:25pm
Trouble, I did pm you a few days ago on your request, did you get it?

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 6:35am
Originally posted by MaeBeeBaby MaeBeeBaby wrote:

Eat less, move more

Umm it really is that simple ...

-------------

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year http://www.femininefitness.co.nz/category/blog - LFs weight blog

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:39am

Eat less, move more

Umm it really is that simple ...

well no it is not...the concept is but as we all with a weight issue know it is not always about eating less & moving more. It you are an emotional eater you have to battle with that all the time.

Posted By: kebakat
Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 10:13am
Nah it is that simple. I am an emotional eater. My heaviest I was 99kg. You just have to learn a bit of self control and find another outlet for your emotions. The only real healthy way to loose weight is eat less and better and move more.

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 10:28am
Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

Nah it is that simple. I am an emotional eater. My heaviest I was 99kg. You just have to learn a bit of self control and find another outlet for your emotions. The only real healthy way to loose weight is eat less and better and move more.

If it was that simple there would be no weight problems would there.

We all know the best way to lose weight is eat whole foods & less & exercise is to tone up.

Dealing with why you over eat & changing the relationship you have with foods are harder.

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:52am
Originally posted by jazzy jazzy wrote:

We all know the best way to lose weight is eat whole foods & less & exercise is to tone up.

Dealing with why you over eat & changing the relationship you have with foods are harder.

You still need to eat less and move more .. pretty simple, those that do follow those two simple rules lose weight, those that don't ... well don't.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:39pm

You still need to eat less and move more .. pretty simple, those that do follow those two simple rules lose weight, those that don't ... well don't.

that is right you need to eat less & move more. I think everyone knows that. But for some there is a bit to more it than that.

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:44pm
I think my weight has been the main reason behind me not being able to complete my family. So total support to anyone who is trying to lose weight to get pregnant. Also if you are over the 100kg mark it can be quite daunting aiming to be under it. But you can do it

& my fitness pal is a great site.

Posted By: rosiefarmer
Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:45pm
Hi Ladies,
I too have been on the big lose weight misson, in 2009 I lost 24 kgs, to get my BMI down the IVF protocol for our cycle in June 2010 - I gained 6 kgs then and have been struggling emotionally since.

In the past month I have sorted myself out and am on the healthy eating and exercising regime again.
We are doing our next round in April 2011, so my goal is to lose 10kgs.

I changed a lot of things to lose the wieght I Lost and felt so much better for it. I was walking every day 4 - 5 kms I am only doing that every 2nd day at the moment - but I am feeling better. A good walk also helps clear your head, I am lucky in the fact that I have got a lovely neighbour whom comes with me most days.

I have promised myself xmas dinner and desert, then I am going to start getting real tough on myself!!!!.

So I am with you MaeBeeBaby.

To date I have lost 1.5kgs, 8.5 kgs to go.

-------------
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 1:15pm
Im with you to Roisefarmer, MB and (hopefully) Jazzy. Im to scared to go into the weight loss thread as i dont feel people are that supportive (because it isnt that simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but dont get me started on that)

-------------

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by _Waiting_ _Waiting_ wrote:

Im with you to Roisefarmer, MB and (hopefully) Jazzy. Im to scared to go into the weight loss thread as i dont feel people are that supportive (because it isnt that simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but dont get me started on that)

I agree with you & I will support you & it is not that simple..if it was we would not be in this boat.

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 2:04pm
Ditto
I think everyone knows that to lose weight you need to eat better, eat less and move more but reality is quite different - thanks DP for buying the icecream, chippies and chocolate in the groceries!!!
When I get bored I eat, not because I am hungry just because its there - thats my problem and when AF is here its about 10x worse...

I think having the weekly weigh inns with the nutritionist worked wonders as you couldnt 'cheat' the system but as I am out of work, spending $$$$ just isnt on the cards

Bah, 1kg down ..... several more to go

-------------
TTC#1 Jan 07
Me 39 DP 41 MFI
DI#1&2 Sep & Oct 09 BFN
DI#3 Feb 10 BFP - mc @ 9wks
DI#4 Jul 10 - BFN
DI#5 Aug 10 - BFP - chem pg
IVF #1 Aug/Sept 11 - BFP - chem pg

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:11pm

Lilfatty - this is not the first time you have intervened on something I have started regarding weight loss with a high and mighty attitude - and yes that is how I am receiving your posts. You are lucky and have reached your weight loss goal, well done to you! BUT there are many of us out there who cannot struggle with INFERTILITY (of which you don't participate in the threads of, so I can only guess that you don't have this problem, and I am sorry if you do of course!) and WEIGHT ISSUES. The drugs play havoc with our bodies, the infertility plays havoc with our emotions, and many of us suffer some form of depression, whether it is diagnosed, certifiable, post-natal (from miscarriage), or simply short-lived. Infertility-land is an incredibly lonely and emotional place to live in!

There are also many other possibilities as to why people gain weight, and in my case it's a gluten intolerance. WHEN I get that under control I usually begin to lose weight. But like anyone in this thread, trying to concentrate on many major issues at once is NOT going to happen. When I am not worrying about infertility, I am active and lose weight. I don't change much about what I eat in the big scheme of no fatty foods or takeaways, except that I prepare from scratch rather than buy pre-made or packet items.

When I had given up earlier this year, I lost 10kgs. And I am incredibly proud of myself for that. Why I did that? It's because I concentrated on my weight loss 100% cause I had no other worries in the world. Now I am back on the TTC wagon, it is consuming my energy. I just don't have enough to put into two major things in my life. Which is WHY I am ceasing TTC until I have lost the 10kgs that I now want to lose. THEN I will put the same energy into TTC again.

So if you wouldn't mind Lilfatty, please leave us alone and go back to the Weight Loss Thread. The reason I personally won't participate in there is because you berated me and another member nearly 12 months ago over our weight issues with SIMPLE questions that we had, and you were less than supportive, and why on earth would I want to hang around in a place like that when I have all the support I need right here with like-minded cyber-friends.

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:47pm
Well said. You summed it up very well!!

I am being good from today - had sushi for lunch fruit as well and just about to head to gym.

I have started using fitness pal and is good clocking what you eat better than paying $$ to WW online which essentially does the same thing,

I have found I have pout on some weight and the drugs just made me more bloated and easily gained about 4 kg during the cycle - didnt help that while I was on injections I had no energy at all to get to the gym at all. I am about 13 kg above ideal weight which isnt too bad and I thnk is achievable.    I do quite a bit of walking in Melbourne during summer but I have job where I drive to work and dont get much exercise during the day. I have also recently joined womans healtyh club which has excellent facilities so am using it more. Punching a boxing bag is also good cardio wise as well,

Good luck all - maybe we could have weekly weighin!

Posted By: Crakleys
Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:36pm
It is so true that the ivf drugs make you put on weight!!! After each one I have done I have felt puffed up and back to square one - then do some hard work get back to feeling good again and it's all over again. With no reward!! ie - a BABY!!!

During drug protocol and 2ww we are advised not to exercise - hence a whole month with no decent fitness. Plus the devstatation of BFN and miscarriage tends to make you turn to the chocolate - especially after you have been so good for so long!!

Hugs to all and good on you for taking action, and I hope with all my heart it takes us a step closer to our goals :) :) :) xoxoxo

-------------

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:42pm
I gained most of my weight last year when I endured 3 pregnancies ending in mc - 10kgs gained in one year - because every 3 months I was pregnant, then miscarrying, then pregnant, then miscarrying... so it is no wonder I gained the weight. During that time I still maintained some form of hard exercise because I was punishing my body for letting me down, and hardly ate a thing during my grieving sessions, of which were many. So no one can tell me that it was input versus output that year. I was on a lot of fertility medications, injecting blood thinners twice a day, you name it. Interestingly, since last Friday's BFN, I have lost 2 kgs (hence my new ticker) and I have been out for dinner every night for various functions, and had dessert (god forbid) - I reckon I have lost the weight because I stopped ALL the drugs on Friday - my drug-related bloating has almost gone already. I am cycling round the block for 30 mins a day but that only started on Saturday cause I need some time out to myself at least once a day, away from people, so I can THINK about what has happened with my failed IVF, and what can I do next, and what am I prepared to next or able to cope with next.

Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:32am
Yay to losing your 2kg MaeBeeBaby. You are so right what you said above, re infertility, I lost 24kg in 2009 with the thought in my head that I was doing IVF in June 2010, didnt worry about getting pregnant then, and fully concentrated on losing the weight, then along came 2010, IVF year, kept the weight off, put 6kgs back on during my cycle, and with all the disappointments, I have found it extremely hard to get back on track again.
But my head is hopefully in the right place now, so OFF it goes.

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Posted By: tischler
Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 6:48pm
Hi guys, I will pop my head in here too if you don't mind. I started a thread a while back but we all kind of fell off it (** waves ** hi rosiefarmer).

I need to lose 10-15kg (need to lose 5, want to lose 10-15) before IVF again, so when back from my holiday I'll keep in touch with you guys. The IVF has been a killer for weight gain, and like a lot of you I'm going to enjoy Xmas and then seriously put some good plans in place.

I'll have to go and have a look at fitness pal, DH not keen on me paying for WW (even though it works). I'm also taking my low GI diet book on hols to get inspiration.

I eat when I have nothing to do, or in the car to or from work (and I drive 45 mins each way). I don't like nuts or seeds so it's REALLY hard to find things to snack on.

BUT I'M GOING TO TRY!!!

Merry Xmas to you all, and hope to catch up in the New Year and we can all work together to lose the weight.

-------------
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.

Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 8:46pm
I try and eat healthily during the day - I make my own muesli - feel free to PM if you want the recipe - it makes about a months worth takes 9 min in the microwave and only has 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/4 cup rice brain oil all up so I think pretty healthy. i try and have sushi at lunchtime - in aussie it is cheap as so that fills me up and try to eat 2-3 pieces of fruit throughout the remainder of the day. My downfall at the mo is hot drinks - I used to have coffee but now have cut that out and drinking more tea that usual. I am trying to go to the gym or go for walk with DH most nights. I punched boxing bags last night at the gym and really feel it today. I dont really want to go down the optislim or detox way because you never know what is in the stuff that could interfere with the IVF drugs.

My other issueis that I am very slender in the waist but bigger in the thighs/butt which makes it difficult finding even jeans that fit in the right areas.

Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:53pm
Hi Tischler nice to see you again. (**waves back**) Yes I fell of the face of the planet for a wee while, but have picked myself up again.

DH has brought me a push bike for xmas so after xmas day I am in training for a 10km fun ride/race eeeekkkk have only ever riden a bike for fun.

LOL @ your DH Tischler re WW - I suggested to my DH that I started going again and he reckons I just need to give him the money and he could weigh me....He is very supportive though - he reckons I do really well when I write down what I eat....so I really do need to get doing that again, keeps you more honest with yourself.... I know what you mean about the work and driving, I used to do that too. Drive 40 mins to work - dont miss that at all. Now when I go out I try to take water/apples/carrots. Bit boring compared to chips and chocolate but way better for you.

Trouble, I love my coffees - the only time I stopped drinking them was when I was doing my IVF rounds.

#####No More Excuses#####

Have a great xmas everyone.

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:54pm
my jeans seem to be looser, so i guess im going ok. The pass 3 days i have been REALLY bad with my food but for 2 weeks before that i was really good.

oh well said MB, by the way and good on you for the 2kgs!!!!!!!

i need to lose 30kg but ill be happy with 15kg to start with. I HAVE to lose weight for IVF, but i still cant get motivated. When i get bored or upset i eat, i know i shouldnt but i do

-------------

Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 10:04pm
Hi Waiting....

I know how you feel re the motivation....my motivation in 2009 was completely to get to the ideal BMI for public IVF funding.

I was feeling real down with myself none of my clothes were fitting me, felt like I was gaining kgs/day....hated myself. One day it just snapped in my head. Told DH I was going to WW as I really wanted to lose the weight - it worked and I have kept all but 6 kgs off this year so I am pretty pleased with myself.

Doing IVF has been REAL hard on me emotionally and my eating habits had started to change for the worse. But have turned that around now.

The best thing for me is when people that knew me when I was BIGGER they now say "gee girl you still looking great".

I would ideally like to lose another 20 kgs, but will be happy with 10.

BTW in 2009 I knitted a blanket was real good at nighttime and cold wet days when not doing much, knitting instead of eating. My DS 17yr old hassled me for been a granny, but guess who snuggles under when he is here.

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 23 December 2010 at 7:45am
It would be so easy to say that IVF is motivation enough for wanting to lose weight. But when dealing with all the emotions of IVF it's very very hard to put that into practice.

Date Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:27am

Lilfatty - this is not the first time you have intervened on something I have started regarding weight loss with a high and mighty attitude - and yes that is how I am receiving your posts. You are lucky and have reached your weight loss goal, well done to you! BUT there are many of us out there who cannot struggle with INFERTILITY (of which you don't participate in the threads of, so I can only guess that you don't have this problem, and I am sorry if you do of course!) and WEIGHT ISSUES. The drugs play havoc with our bodies, the infertility plays havoc with our emotions, and many of us suffer some form of depression, whether it is diagnosed, certifiable, post-natal (from miscarriage), or simply short-lived. Infertility-land is an incredibly lonely and emotional place to live in!

There are also many other possibilities as to why people gain weight, and in my case it's a gluten intolerance. WHEN I get that under control I usually begin to lose weight. But like anyone in this thread, trying to concentrate on many major issues at once is NOT going to happen. When I am not worrying about infertility, I am active and lose weight. I don't change much about what I eat in the big scheme of no fatty foods or takeaways, except that I prepare from scratch rather than buy pre-made or packet items.

When I had given up earlier this year, I lost 10kgs. And I am incredibly proud of myself for that. Why I did that? It's because I concentrated on my weight loss 100% cause I had no other worries in the world. Now I am back on the TTC wagon, it is consuming my energy. I just don't have enough to put into two major things in my life. Which is WHY I am ceasing TTC until I have lost the 10kgs that I now want to lose. THEN I will put the same energy into TTC again.

So if you wouldn't mind Lilfatty, please leave us alone and go back to the Weight Loss Thread. The reason I personally won't participate in there is because you berated me and another member nearly 12 months ago over our weight issues with SIMPLE questions that we had, and you were less than supportive, and why on earth would I want to hang around in a place like that when I have all the support I need right here with like-minded cyber-friends.

You asked the quickest way to lose weight .. and I told you.   

People who look for quick fix solutions spend year after year after year remaining fat .. if they started eating less and moving more right at the beginning, they would have been were they wanted to be instead of still complaining about how they "cant" lose weight.

.. I also think you need to build a bridge, I personally have no idea who you are. but if you could get over yourself and join in the weight loss thread you may have had more success than you are currently having.

-------------

Posted By: anon12345
Date Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:56am

Posted By: mylilmosaic
Date Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:50pm
Well said Tal

Nice to see you again and hugs for those girls in here that need them

-------------

Date Posted: 23 December 2010 at 3:26pm
Thanks tal and Appy2

Date Posted: 23 December 2010 at 3:34pm
i agree well said Tal!

It would be so easy to say that IVF is motivation enough for wanting to lose weight. But when dealing with all the emotions of IVF it's very very hard to put that into practice.

You hit the nail on the head there MB. I wish it was easy but things are hard at the moment. dont even want to think about what will happen when i start the IVF drugs

-------------

Posted By: Hopes
Date Posted: 23 December 2010 at 3:53pm
Yes, well said, Tal. I do have a lot of sympathy for people for whom hormonal issues make it harder to lose weight. I know people with PCOS often struggle with that.

I've been on the other side of the coin, as it were, because I've had a medical condition which means you burn too much energy - in other words, you lose weight too easily. It really opened my eyes to the fact that weight loss for one person isn't weight loss for another.

In the same way I found it easy to lose weight (to a point where it was very unhealthy), some people can find it hard to lose weight. I could eat family-size pizzas and still be losing, and someone on the other end of the spectrum can eat very little and still struggle.

So while the basic principal remains the same for weight loss where-ever (less in, more out), that's often a greater challenge for people in this forum. Often fertility-related conditions (like PCOS) also mean you're prone to gain wieght easily. Also, you HAVE to factor in the emotional side of things (which is what makes it easier or harder to manage the more in / less out principal), and people here have a common struggle which in my experience adds considerably to your stress levels.

On a related note, while I'm pleased to be healthy now, I miss the days of being able to eat family-sized pizzas and weigh less than I do now... *sigh*

-------------

Posted By: Happygal
Date Posted: 23 December 2010 at 5:16pm
Just managed to have a quick read!! So well said Tal and Hopes!!!

Tal, enjoyed the catch up today!!

-------------

Posted By: Crakleys
Date Posted: 23 December 2010 at 5:25pm
Hey Tal, good to see you, I have been wondering how you have been getting on. :) :)

-------------

Posted By: anon12345
Date Posted: 24 December 2010 at 8:37am

Date Posted: 24 December 2010 at 3:12pm
I would just like to wish everyone here a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS...
Heres hoping 2011 is our year to lose the weight and get out BFP's
Good luck everyone.
Have a great Day tomorrow. x

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:46am
***HAPPY NEW YEAR***

Hi Ladies

Well its been a week since I weighed myself on Sunday. I have been riding my bike 6 - 8 Kms a day (hills) 40 - 50 mins. Had one rest day it was raining and walked 6.8 km yesterday.

I was dissappointed with my loss only 100 gms but I measured myself and have lost 3.5 cm around my breasts. Why the breast 1st?? All other measurements stayed the same. .

At the end of the day a loss is a loss so got to be a wee bit happy.

Hope everyone is well and had a nice holiday break. xxx

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 8:33pm
At least you are losing weight roisefarmer, i put on 2kgs since November! So now i have to lose 30kg going to join the gym tomorrow

-------------

Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:04pm
Hi Waiting

Yes a loss is a loss, not looking forward to weigh day this week, have had 2 days where I havent been for a bike ride as it has been pouring down with rain. Cant complain though we needed the rain. , I also have my mum here this week - so going the extra mile to cook nice meals.
How did you get on joining the gym. I would love to join up at a gym but we live 40 mins out of town so not really worth it for me.

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:36pm
I'm really pleased to say that I didn't put on weight over the holiday period! Wahoo. I think it was probably the lack of takeaways and junk with the closest dairy at least 20 mins drive away and with swimming, sunshine and boating you just don't want to leave for anything!

I'm now back on the weight loss bandwagon with the short-term aim of 5kg loss and longer-term of 10kg. 5kg will be great for next IVF but I hope to be rid of 10 by the time our public funding arrives.

I've dragged out my low GI diet books as they say that's the best for those with PCOS. I'm also inspired to get into exercise (strange but true).

Although, I could go walking when I'm sitting on the couch watching biggest loser (so there's some queer logic in my inspiration)!!!!

Let's all think positive and look forward to shedding kilo's and getting BFP's

-------------
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.

Date Posted: 08 January 2011 at 5:59pm
I haven't stood on the scales since just prior to Christmas, but have been cycling and horse riding and walking and treadmilling like crazy. Have also cut my food by half (summer helps!).

SO my plan is to head to WW on Thursday and do the Pro Points Plan - I will re-start my kgs from the beginning so my ticker will change of course. I like the sound of the WW PPP, it's more modified than what I have done before and will fit in better with my regular eating - fruit is my downfall and they have unlimited fruit on this plan - of course this will go hand in hand with something else on their plan but hey I'm all for it!

Date Posted: 09 January 2011 at 7:22pm
Day 2 of my 'change of eating habits'. No processed foods, no chocolate or sweets, no caffeine.

Man, I'm so pleased I've got through the weekend, it's been HARD - feel like I'm in withdrawl

Work tomorrow which will be hard as lunch is usually on the run, but have some smoked salmon, avo, wheatgrain crackers and a boiled egg so should be able to pull it off ............

Foreseeable problem - work 'morning tea' for a colleagues baby shower ..... going out for coffee and cakes (and they do AMAZING treat cakes/slices) .................. what to have? Any thoughts? Can I watch everyone else while I have a trim decaf latte????

I must persevere though, this is the most motivated and into it I've been in a long time!!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 January 2011 at 7:37pm
So I think the scales at FA are wrong! I brought some scales and Im still my original weight so havent put on 2kgs

I had to make an appointment at the gym as everyone was away. So now im going in tomorrow, just told DP im going in and he said he will come so we can join together

tischler- I would have a trim decaf latte and see if there is any cakes/slices that you can eat (sorry dont know much about low GI diets so dont know if there will be) otherwise have a small cake

hehe just worked out i can type on the laptop without looking (i can do it at work but i have a full size keyboard there)

-------------

Date Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:45pm
Hi all,

Tischler if it was me I would have the trim latte and perhaps a salad or fruit salad, weird when everyone else eating cakes, but at the end of the day you are doing it for you!! So doesnt matter what everyone else things.

My weigh day was yesterday, lost 200gms, I am pleased with that, as I have had mum my here and been doing extra baking and having deserts. just doesnt seem fair when I go to the trouble of making them and not eating them. Also havent been for as many bike rides as I would of liked.

Back on track on Tuesday - all my visitors are going home!!

Got to get back on track for my training for my fun bike race on the 22nd. Its only 10 km, but its hills gravel road and paddock. I have been biking 10 km on hills around home (tarseal) doing it in about 45 mins and some days it feels like I am dieing, but pleased to say I make it home every time

Have a good week everyone xxx

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:47pm
Ohh and a quick question ladies.

How do I do/get those trackers you have on the bottom of your post??

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:05pm
Hi all - have been MIA for a bit. I have just joined up W online for the Pro Points. Yup most vegies and all fruit is free which suits me fine. I cant be ^*^* going to WW meetings and like what online offers. Was going to the gym tonight but feeling bit tired first day at work and all after the hols.

Re Tischlers query - if you do have to have something what about a friand or something?? They are quite small and not as high in points as carrot cake ???

Date Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:38pm
Trouble I will be going to the meetings, I need to be held accountable elsewhere from home!

Rosefarmer, go to http://lilypie.com/ for starters - have a look, have a play, and later on you could search for 'forum tickers' in google :)

Date Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:47am
Just showing off my ticker update

I start WW tomorrow so won't update my ticker until I have hit 4kgs loss with WW - because tomorrow I start from scratch on their new ProPoints plan.

Posted By: JaneW
Date Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:52am
Just lurking and wanted to say that's an awesome effort Maebeebaby!

-------------
Me 28, DH 30
ttc #1 Feb 2009
MFI
ICSI December 2010
FET April...BFP!!
Baby girl due 3rd Jan 2012

Date Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:21pm
Go MB! Im only planning on weighing myself once a week but my ticker looked sad without any weight lost

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:14pm
look at my ticker!!!!! Im down another kg

Im going to be proud of every kg because it all counts

-------------

Date Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:01pm
Well I am almost happy with my loss of another 200gms this week, was a hard week, had mum and visitors here, so was making yummy desserts. The end of week I have pulled my head in and gotten back on track. . So some loss is a good loss considering.
Total loss so far 500 gms, coming off slowly , only 9.5 kgs to go.
Have done a total of 49.85 kms on my bike this week, doesnt sound that much, but I live where there are nice good hard working hills . I have really only managed a ride every 2nd day, but thats got to be better than nothing at all!!
Hope everyone else has a good week.

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:03pm
hi girls, well done on the weight losses. If anyone is interested WW have a free 2 week trial for online.
I joined it yesterday & it is really good. You can just cancel at the end of the trial if you don't want to keep it going & it is $29.95 per month (think I remember right).

http://www.weightwatchers.co.nz/index.aspx - WW online put the promotion code in 4-16-2401-7717 (copy & past).

good luck

eta to fix link (i hope)

Date Posted: 16 January 2011 at 7:29pm
Hi there - I have joined up to WW online for $89.95 for three months and hoping to loose some. I find the online tracking system really good and the calculator functions also great as well. i dont have the time or effort to attend meeting and like the fact I can adjust my own recipes to the new pro points as well. I have been quite good this week - although had fillet of fish from maccies yesterday with no chips - although have dome some exercise throughout the week so will weigh tomorrow to see what loss has been.

Date Posted: 16 January 2011 at 7:57pm
Hi guys,

Congrats on the weight loss to you all! Such a good feeling for 2011 isn't it! I have really liked WW online in the past too - I'm a bit like you trouble and don't really do the meetings, but it's low GI for me now.

I've lost 800g this past week with my low GI eating - no processed foods, no caffeine, no chocolate lollies or chips! Thought it might have been more but I can feel my waist change already so not too focused on the 'number'.

I've also just signed up for Curves which I swore I wasn't going to do as I usually don't last long at the gym, but I feel so confident in my ability to stick to my new eating and exercise habits I went for it!! DH and I have just been for a long walk as well.

It's soooo exciting to have motivation and the knowledge I really can do it - whoop whoop

Hope everyone has a good weigh in!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:41pm
Just checking in - how are we all going?

I've lost 1.1kg this week, so the gym and better eating must be working (though I pigged out on a caramel slice today - soooo naughty).

Might have to find a weight loss ticker .....

Have a great weekend!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 January 2011 at 2:22pm
Hi tischler,
Weighed myself this morning and was down 1kg so thats 2kgs so far.... mind you didnt help that I had a ginger kiss at lunch today - yummo

Been trying to go for walks most days and get back onto my eating plan and stick to it!! Proving to be a bit of a challenge

Congrats on your 1.1kg loss - woohoo!!!

Date Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:39pm
Just remember to cancel your free 2 week trial with WW online after the two weeks is up, or you will start being charged!

I have just popped in to show off my updated ticker... and to say I am now participating in three rpm/spin classes per week at the local gym I have joined - my dodgy knee is handling it if I wear my knee brace - and boy do my upper thighs and waistline HURT after yesterday's session cause I am finally standing up on the bike when everyone else does, and really going for gold! And very pleased to report I am no where near the largest lady in my group, yet some of the really huge girls are so super fit I can't believe they are still so heavy!

Today I planned to have a day off but I just couldn't do it, I was itching to do more exercise, so went on a wee 5km pedal round the local block with hubby - IN THE POURING RAIN!

Date Posted: 23 January 2011 at 8:41am
Hello Ladies.

Wow everyone is doing so well. I lost another 100 wee gms this week, total now 600 gms. Not very happy with the slow loss, as I have been watching what I am eating - lots of salads and no biscuits and chocies - loads of fruit etc. Been also riding my bike every 2nd day, 10 - 15 kms.
I had a quick look at WW online, thinking I might just join that not sure what to do. ???
Did my bike race yesterday and I was the 8th lady in and 18 person in my class, 10 km in 45 mins. 1st time I have ever done anything like that - so I am really happy with myself.
Have a good week xxx

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Posted By: ScaredyCat
Date Posted: 23 January 2011 at 10:08am
Hello ladies, can I join in here too please? I'm not currently doing IVF but have done in the past and am on the waiting list.

As the waiting lists are soooo long and we can't afford to pay for a private round at the moment, we are trying naturally with the help of a naturopath and she would like to see me shed some kgs, so hopefully I can join in with you ladies for some inspiration?

Currently on a 3 week detox, hence the 2kg loss already and that finishes next week. I have signed up for the WW online and have to say am finding it very interesting.

-------------
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice

Date Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:02pm
Wow RosieFarmer - go you and your exercise - that's awesome to do so well in a race!!

MB the spin sounds scary - I couldn't cope with that. My good news is that the grating sound in my knees is getting better now I'm going to the gym. So that's fab. I'm wondering if a long-term goal may be to fit into 'normal' leather knee high boots (not slouch, not wide leg). Do you think that's achievable or ridiculous?? Not sure if you lose much weight/fat from your legs ..........

Welcome to this forum Scaredy - nice to see you around. We seem to be at a similar place waiting on the funding and losing weight in the meantime.

RosieFarmer I've used WW online before and found it really good, but this time we're trying for no spending on weight loss (apart from gym) so I'm doing the low GI eating - it's good as a option.

This website has info on low GI foods
http://www.nutritionfoundation.org.nz/nutrition-facts/nutrition-a-z/gi-and-gl and a link to a GI index listing all types of food

Keep up spirits guys, we can lose it!

-------------

Posted By: Quieteyes
Date Posted: 23 January 2011 at 9:22pm
*shyly waves*

5 years of IF, need to lose 27kg and then waitlist for IVF/ICSI. Am down to join the hospital's weight loss program, starts in April... But I aim to lose a few kg before then.

Struggling with the emotional aspect big time at the mo - so many pregnant colleagues, friends & clients. Fighting the onset of depression doesn't help either.

Aaanyway. Hi, and I might semi-lurk just because this forum is new to me, and so are you lovely ladies.

(pardon the brief sentences -phone + RSI = short posts).   

Date Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:00pm
Hi Quieteyes - welcome

The emotions associated with TTC and IVF are unfortunately always there. The forums are great places to vent though - and any comments/questions are welcome! You'll find many of us vehemently expressing frustration about others who get pg easily!!

Are you getting any intervention for depression? I know it's a really tough journey - hang in there. There's a lot of support out there and medications can help too.

Good luck with your weight loss! Every little gram helps ... are you a visual person? Would a ticker be helpful? If you want to pick brains about a way to lose weight just ask us, we've had our ups and downs but hopefully more ups these days

-------------

Posted By: Quieteyes
Date Posted: 25 January 2011 at 7:22pm
Thanks tischler :) thought I'd killed the thread for a while there!

Not doing anything about the depression at the mo - it's just mild, lurking... Enough to taint things but I am getting by ok. I know all the ins-and-outs of it... Will get help if I need. Right now I just need a break from work and some hotpool time for my hands.

Oh, and while I'm ordering up a good future, 3 babies & a winning lotto ticket would go down well

Will make do with going on leave in 2.5wks, and having a wonderful hubby.

Will start a ticker when I join the program until then it's likely to be my usual up and down and just getting frustrated & embarrassed    Hopefully it'll sloowly creep down in the interim though. Fingers x'd. Can't wait to finally reach the FA target, and waitlist... But then hopefully keep going to a much healthier weight so (god willing) pregnancy will be healthier for me and bubs.

Date Posted: 25 January 2011 at 7:50pm
Good luck quieteyes - great to see you're getting a break, hope you get to go somewhere fab. I know what it's like to have a wonderful hubby ... can make the world of difference.

Gosh sorry to have you think you killed the thread - no way!

Enjoy your holidays, rest those arms, and go buy yourself a lotto ticket

-------------

Date Posted: 27 January 2011 at 12:46pm
Hello - another 400gms down! 5.3kgs now (my ticker doesn't seem to update in small increments)

Date Posted: 28 January 2011 at 8:18am
I have had a few 'treats' this week. I'm grumpy with myself as I don't think I will have had much of a loss. I also have AF which apparently puts on 500g.

On a positive note I do feel my waist is shrinking (not the podgy tummy though) so I guess that's a start ............ will keep you posted later on the weigh in.

Do you think a good workout at the gym could get rid of the bad things I've eaten this week???

-------------

Date Posted: 28 January 2011 at 7:42pm
Hi, well the weigh in went okay. 800g lost Quite surprising really.

My current frustration is that I can't get my ticker to update so I can't show off my loss!!

Anyone got any ideas how to do it? I've changed it under my profile in LilySlim ........................

How's everyone else doing??

-------------

Posted By: wispy_willow
Date Posted: 28 January 2011 at 8:43pm
I've managed to loose between 3 and 4kg over the last 4 weeks by doing the following. Counting kilojoules for any processed food has been crucial I think - once you start looking at the numbers you quickly realise how bad some food is (ie. by bad I mean providing you with lots of "energy" with little nutrients). Example: 1 small tin of tomato soup is around 350kJ, while one bag of Grainwaves, or some chocolate bars is over 1000kJ. Also don't be fooled by the kJ per serving as some foods, like bounty bars, say X amount of kJ per serving but they count one bounty bar consisting of 2 mini bars as 2 servings, and lets be honest - who ever eats just one of the mini bars?

I've also been looking at the nutritional content in terms of protein, fat and carbs - high protein is good, fat and carbs are obviously important but in a lower proportion.

And the final 2 important things - if you need a treat, have one, just don't make it regular, and try and do at least a 20min walk per day (or two 10 min walks). IVF is hard and I think a treat now and again is warranted.

Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:59am
Well done on the loss Tischler, thats great going! And you too MaebeeBaby and Wispy willow!

My weigh in is on Sunday evening so hopefully I have had a good week, its so hard to tell!! My detox finishes this weekend too so I am really hoping I carry on with the healthy eating and not revert back to old bad habits.

I have been doing lots more walking though. I do find I get a bit bored walking the same places all the time, what sort of excerise do you other ladies do and how do you keep it interesting?

-------------
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
2 Blasties on Ice

Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 12:24pm
Well done everyone . Good going.

My weigh day is tomorrow, not really looking forward to it, have had a busy week coming and going, and had a chicken burger and some chips for tea last night followed with a couple of cruisers (which I dont usually touch ), havent been on my bike at all all week, but have managed a good walk but only one this week.

Hopefully the house work I am doing today helps - days plans were cancelled due to wet cold weather. Lots of energy can be used when doing stuff you avoid (yucky old house work)..

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Posted By: wispy_willow
Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 1:41pm
Hey Scaredy Cat,

For varying exercise I've got the following:
1. go for a walk on your own somewhere different, eg at the beach or in the bush, even if you have to drive there first - prob best for weekend variation!
2. if you have a Wii like I do, then I quite enjoy the YourShape programme - you can do either 80s style aerobics (not as bad as it sounds and it tells you approx how many calories you've burned doing it, and you can do a 15min, 30min, 45min etc workout). It also has a yoga programme which is quite enjoyable too.
3. join a yoga or pilates class
4. sitting infront of the telly I sometimes try and do X amount of situps/leg raises/leg kicks/pushups etc
5. walking the dog if you have one
6. I've also tried hulahooping - sounds ridiculous but even if you can't do it round your waist, it definitely gives your arms a good workout doing it around your arm!
7. I've recently taken my skipping rope to work, and occasionally try to do 100 skips

I do think every bit helps ... and the doc said that even a little bit of weight loss will help, so I'm hoping 2nd time round I'll actually get past the injection phase before being told it'snot working!

PS. I've gone from a BMI of 26.3 now down to 25.15, so hopefully that will help ...
Calculator is here if anyone else is interested:
http://www.fertilityassociates.co.nz/boosting-your-fertility/bmi-calculator.aspx

Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 4:51pm
RPM/spin classes - burns 800 calories per class if you get to the point of dripping sweat and not being able to talk! (yup, that's me!).

Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 6:46pm
All the exercise sounds good. I try and do 1-3 pilates/yoga classes per week (3 total). I also try and do 3 sessions of cardio. My DH has large boxing pads that I box against. I also have pilates badn that I use for my flabby arms while I am sitting on couch watching tennis (esp at moment). I also have an allover body vibrator which you stand on and vibrates you - used it couple of times last week and feel the workout. My thing is vary the exercise even going for walk with DH is nice gives you opportunity to talk about things and get exercise at the same time.

I have lost about 2kg overall which I am okay with. Every little bit helps.

Posted By: MAC35
Date Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:19pm
Hi there TTC since 2006. Lost some weight prior to my first ever IVF cycle started mid Jan 2011. Was 88kg and now 80.5kg with goal of 73kg. I am happy with loss BUT...........................

On buserelin and gonal F and vogels and his buddy peanut butter and I became best friends again with me today! Scales are creeping upwards so I find myself here. I fear I will lose the battle, HELP!

I am here to encourage, cheerlead, whinge and support and get advice.   No its not simple or easy I so agree and emotional and food overeater are my middle names to today!

I am going to tolerate this weight gain for my mental health sake, but once the pick and transfer hopefully are done I will need some buddies to start with me if your keen.

Its free, it accessible online, its healthy and it did work to boost my metabolism. Its realistic. It cater for all shapes and sizes and abilities. .

See web site below
http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/womens-health/fitness/workouts/article/-/5934440/deadline-diet-get-fit-before-the-holidays/

Let me know if your keen. PS the 10 almonds for morning tea only killed my friend and I for the first week and the we thrived on them.    Seeing a physio and podiatrist also helped my knee pain and increased my exercise ability.

Date Posted: 31 January 2011 at 10:51am
Thanks ladies for all the ideas, I have been driving to a spot in our local town and doing a board walk a couple of times of week but I am now finding I need something different.

We have a lovely bush walk at the end of our road and the beach not so far away, so I think I will try that out and I have a couple of dogs so I can take them with me there, I can't take them in town as they are major pain in the butts when it comes to being on a lead!

I like the idea of yoga and pilates too, unfort we live rural and our local town doesn't have classes and the next closest is approx 40 mins away, anyone know of a good book or video that gives instructions etc for either of these?

Wow MaebeeBaby, that sounds really hard out, are you doing that at a gym? I think my lungs would get up and walk out if I did something like that to them!

Good luck MAC45 with this round of IVF!

Weigh in tonight, have had a couple of outings this week, but hopefully still have had a loss.

-------------
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
2 Blasties on Ice

Posted By: Kazper
Date Posted: 31 January 2011 at 11:16am
Hi ladies, would love to join you in here.

We won't be doing ivf again, but still want to increase my chances of conceiving by losing some weight, even if the chances are really low.

I have so far lost 5.6kg. It keeps going up and down at the moment and I'm determined to make it to the 10kg mark.

-------------
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/545141" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 31 January 2011 at 12:14pm
Hi there Kasper and ScardyKat and everyone.

I find pilates and yoga really difficult. I have always said I would go when I got to ideal weight but need to do the cardio walking/swimming/running until then. What do peole think.   Whats best?

Scales show minor improvement today and I think its because I finally got 8 hrs non interrupted sleep with hot flushes or nightmares. Drinking plenty of walter and went for a Walk around Hagley Park for an hour yesterday - perhaps it was an exhaustion sleep lol.

We can do this.

Date Posted: 02 February 2011 at 10:31pm
Okay I will vent again why not. off for blood and first scan of ovaries tomorrow. Darling DH got ona real health kick with IVf coming up and has lost 7kg since August. I slightly bet him on that one but ahd more to lose.

Today he looks hot, and trim he has started running lately and the kg have flown off. I was the one who ran, and loved it not him. He told me he couldn't run becuase it hurt his knees. I look podgy and bloated today and consequentlly am a bit flat.   Just venting.....................

These hormones are not helping me, I have however been really bad this week so far with eating raspberry slice x2 pieces and a bag of jet planes, I know a bag. Have managed to wean myself off salt and vinegar chips. (in my dreams -love em, just avoid the chip aisle.

Gonna get the scale thing up and start the diet deadline again from week 4 any takers????

Date Posted: 07 February 2011 at 7:56pm
Sorry guys, have been busy and didn't get around to advising my weight loss - another 700g for me, so down 3.3 as my ticker shows. Feeling really good about it, but know I need to stick at it.

I need to get better with my lunches again, the last two weeks have been a bit dicey, hopefully now work is settled in again it'll be fine.

Hope everyone else is doing well, Mac35 I'm going to continue doing things my way, but hope someone else takes you up on the offer - I'll be really interested to see how it goes.

BTW I used to LOVE SnV chips too - OMG, haven't thought about them in ages though!

-------------

Date Posted: 08 February 2011 at 9:45am
Well Done Tischler no worries whateva works

I have lost 300 grams this week.

Go everyone!

-------------
TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

Date Posted: 08 February 2011 at 11:03am
Hello ladies

Hasnt been a very good last 2 weeks for me, put on 200 gms. No excuses really just been a bit lazy (emotional too), weather hasnt been too good for bike riding and been busy here and there. Decided to get tough on myself as I am the only one that can!!. Went for a good ride last night - plan to go for another one tonight, if weather holds out. Doing Surf to City on Sunday 12 kms. Looking forward to that.

Been feeling really emotional lately too, had my BF's nearly 2 yr old twins over the weekend, (its always hard when she picks them up). Should be used to it though, I have been looking after them on and off since they were 6 months old!.

My 17 yr old DS has moved out of his dads and is on his own in the big wide world of Dunedin - so feeling a bit sad about that too. (Didnt even ask me if I wanted to to and see where he was living) .

Also some family dramas going on up north (feel kind of helpless way down here - nothing I can do to help).
Ohhh and for some reason feels like my time is running out, I will be 40 in 10 months. The count down to having a baby this year is nearly over.

Sometimes just dont know how to deal with all these different emotions!!! just try to keep busy.
Hope everyone has a good week.

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 08 February 2011 at 4:39pm
Hey Rosie

Good on you for getting back on the horse, its only 200 grams babe. I have had weeks of naughty and gain 2 kgs. Emotional eater +++. I have beaten a few addictions over the years and eating is the hardest.

Sounds like a week of hell, thanks for sharing all that going on.

P.S I have become forum stalker.

-------------
TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

Date Posted: 08 February 2011 at 6:58pm
Hey Mac thanks. Yes I dont know how people can stop eating when they are stressed or upset, I am totally opposite.

Was going to post and say sorry for the rant - but I did feel better after writing all that. Feeling even better now - just been for a good ride on my bike 13.28 km's gravel road and hills got home 1.04.06 mins.

Way to go tischler on your loss , you are doing so well.

Welcome Kazper - love the pic of you wee one. So cute.

MayBeeBaby & ScaredyCat - how are you doing?? And anyone else I have missed.

feel fresh after bike ride and nice long shower - dinner with my lovely DH and bit of telly watching.

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 08 February 2011 at 9:12pm
Im doing hopeless! lost 2.5kg within about 2 weeks of start but have now put 1.5kg back on!

Joined the gym so going to try to go most days- only started yesterday but i can tell its going to be hard

-------------

Date Posted: 08 February 2011 at 9:12pm
Edit- double post!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 February 2011 at 6:20pm
ohh waiting - dont you hate that good loss then gains. Gym should help.

I have had a much better day today - my vent yesterday must of helped.

Went for a 3.4 km walk today, was supposed to go with my neighbour, got to her place and she cancelled on me as it was raining, i was already wet so just carried on. . Hopefully weather better tomorrow, want to keep the bike riding going. xx

-------------
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Date Posted: 09 February 2011 at 7:55pm
Thanks for the positive comments gals - wish I could have had them in my mind when I was eating a small bag of chips today - so angry with myself! I've snuck a few licorise alsorts lately too.

And of course I had to sneak a peek on the scales (even though it's not Friday) and I have put on 100g - so need to get my sh*t together and BEHAVE!

Rosie - great that the vent helped. My gym instructor says that when increasing exercise you can actually put weight on (may have said this before) ... doesn't help for BMI's does it?! Anyway, so go with the clothes and how they feel rather than the scales.

See, am I practicing what I preach?! NOT!

Hi Kazpa, Scaredycat and Maebeebaby - how you all doing?

Have a good night everyone

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2011 at 7:57pm
Well I guess a loss is a loss is a loss eh? 300g this week it really is a lesson to me that I can't even give in to temptation if I am expecting to lose weight. I'm happy to have the odd treat but have to realise that this is the consequence.

I'm still really happy going to the gym - this is amazing for me as I usually go for a couple of weeks hard out and then find every excuse. 4 x a week for 4 x weeks so far (ha just realised that's the duration of therapy I do with some of my clients!).

DH is losing weight with me and it keeps dropping off him 500-600+ per week and he's still having the odd treat - grr, men eh. Why can't he have PCOS

We've just started talking about the possibility of funding another private attempt, there's ways and means for everything ... just got to really think whether we will be happy to put another whole lot of $ into a 'chance'.

But a chance is a chance is a chance right? Have a good weekend girls!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net