Print Page | Close Window

Maternity Direct non-delivery of goods

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: Forum Administration
Forum Name: Forum Guidelines and Messages from Admin
Forum Description: Please read here before using the OHbaby! forums for the first time
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42915
Printed Date: 27 April 2024 at 9:55pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Maternity Direct non-delivery of goods
Posted By: Victoria102756
Subject: Maternity Direct non-delivery of goods
Date Posted: 04 January 2013 at 12:14pm
I'd like to know if anyone has had any recent non-delivery of goods from Maternity Direct, or any other similar websites.

I see Maternity Direct has caused concern here in the past, with some posts from 2011.

I'm owed some goods from them, and have discovered the phone number provided won't allow you to leave a message and they don't reply to email inquiries.

Are there any more cowboy websites out there that people have had issues with?

Replies:
Posted By: Nina106330
Date Posted: 19 February 2013 at 8:37pm
I too have had a terrible experience, despite reading negative reviews I decided to buy a maternity bra from them, thinking it would be more convenient to buy online than from a physical store. Two weeks after ordering the bra (despite their website stating they aim to deliver in 5 days or would send customers an email if it was going to be longer) it showed up, but in the wrong colour. Despite numerous phone messages left and emails sent, I did not hear anything back from them, so eventually decided to send the bra back. They did refund my credit card but deducted their shipping charge. This annoyed me because I was left out of pocket not only for the original shipping charge but the cost of shipping the item back to them, when it was their error in the beginning. Another gripe is that they charged me $6.50 for shipping, then sent the item in a $4 prepaid NZ post bag. If your item hasn't arrived I would be worried, because on the package they sent me they didn't even bother to stamp it with their name or a return address, so could be sitting in some post office. Who would know. Good luck with getting in touch with them

Posted By: Kirstie109354
Date Posted: 02 September 2013 at 12:33pm
oh dear i've made the same mistake

after no shops having my size i found maternity direct site and ordered
payment has come off my card and i emailed last week and no reply
today i googled to find heaps!! of negative feedback
their phone number is invalid too
very worried now .... i'll likely be finished breastfeeding by the time my order shows, if it shows up at all!

Posted By: bevni442
Date Posted: 02 September 2013 at 2:49pm
Uh oh...how do these people manage to stay in business. I ended up getting a refund after I emailed them and told them I had no choice but to write negative reviews on every mother/baby/consumer forum I could find. That seemed to spur them into action (no apology though).
Best of luck

Date Posted: 02 September 2013 at 3:23pm
Unfortunately I know someone else that runs their business the same way! Now I know exactly how her customers feel.

You can still practice good customer service when you have an online business.... These women just don't care.

Posted By: Novbub2b
Date Posted: 18 September 2013 at 11:07am
DO NOT SHOP WITH THESE PEOPLE! I too have received disgusting service from this company. They failed to deliver the goods, did not return email messages, the phone number didn't even work. They have said they have credited the money to our account...but we are still waiting! They are shocking....anyone researching before buying DON'T USE THEM!

Posted By: merlin
Date Posted: 05 October 2013 at 11:37am
OMG I wish I had read this, I purchased items off them on the 19th Sept and am still waiting can't get hold of them on the phone and so emailed them which the lady responded have you got them now! (had sent the email the same day I sent mine asking where item was so no stupid women I don't!) I can't believe a business would be so slack I'm really hoping to get my items as due in 4 weeks and don't need this crap!

Posted By: LateStarterLorna
Date Posted: 05 October 2013 at 1:13pm
This has been going on for so long, Im surprised no ones gone to Fair Go

-------------
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weIHiFu/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 05 October 2013 at 1:26pm
I read on a post on one of the numerous complaints about her, that someone contacted fair go in 2011.
I emailed and Facebooked them and have had no reply.

If we all complain to them we might get somewhere

Posted By: Emma_R
Date Posted: 20 October 2013 at 9:55am
Wish I had researched this company before making my purchase - 3 weeks later and I still haven't recieved my goods or had replies to emails.

Date Posted: 20 October 2013 at 10:05am
She shouldn't have 5 working days for delivery on her site!!
I hope your sizes are right .... if your order shows up.
Keep emailing her

Posted By: Happygal
Date Posted: 21 October 2013 at 7:10am
I ordered something about 3 weeks ago from Maternity Direct and still haven't received it, I've emailed them a few times and heard nothing back, tried to phone them and there is no voicemail to leave a message. I'm so annoyed, as its all paid for etc, any ideas on what to do??? Sounds like lots of us in the same boat!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2013 at 8:34am
If you enter maternitydirect@clear.net.nz into the facebook search bar it comes up with the womens page who runs it - I'm contemplating harrassing her (Think we all should) - not that it will do a lot of good. Other than that I have contacted my bank and asked them to reverse the charge to my credit card. So pissed off really wish I had done my research before purchasing.

Date Posted: 21 October 2013 at 11:53am
I know, I just can't believe they can get away with this, I'm so annoyed!! I am going to keep emailing them till I get an answer!!

-------------

Posted By: Glbw
Date Posted: 22 October 2013 at 8:51pm
Hi all- I am having the same problem (ordered a bra in early September, got one email saying it was on back order for a week, have heard nothing since and cannot get hold of her). I searched her on Facebook and have sent her a
message saying that she is causing a lot of pregnant women and tired mothers a lot of stress and she needs to take some kind of action. We'll see..... Will post an update if I actually get anywhere (not holding my breath)

Date Posted: 23 October 2013 at 7:44pm
Great Glbw, keep us posted if you get a response!!! I just can't believe this person can run business like this for maternity wear, causing all this stress to us!!! Unbelievable...

-------------

Date Posted: 24 October 2013 at 8:51am
I got an email from maternity direct advertising their nappy sale!!!!! How dare they send customers emails for that and not reply to their emails! Did anyone else get it? I replied back to them saying what are they doing sending advertising emails to customers and not sending or replying to their emails and there are a lot of very upset pregnant ladies here!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 October 2013 at 9:03am
Ridiculous isn't it!? I just got the same advertising email. Totally disgusting behaviour!

Date Posted: 24 October 2013 at 1:20pm
I would be interested to know just how much money this woman has effectively "stolen" off us. My purchase was $70... not an amount you can just pull out of the back pocket in a single income family with a mortgage and bills to pay and mouths to feed.

Posted By: Lisa1399
Date Posted: 25 October 2013 at 1:49pm
I am in the same position with no reply to emails, no goods, and no refund as requested. I am now 37 weeks pregnant (Goods were ordered over four weeks ago) and have ordered these items for use at the birthing centre. I will be visiting my bank next week to apply to get the payment reversed. My order is worth over $90. I would be happy to join others to try and get some action to ensure that this woman is not able to steal or unduly stress other woman at what should be the most exciting time of their life.

I also received the nappy sale email

Posted By: Lisa1399
Date Posted: 25 October 2013 at 1:52pm
I have also just sent an email and had it bounce

Date Posted: 25 October 2013 at 3:01pm
I facebooked littlies and a couple of other paretning pages to put a warning up for other mothers to not shop there - which they won't/can't do for legal reasons but the woman at littlies said she thought the business had closed/gone under ages ago. The woman that runs maternity direct needs to be shot!

Posted By: jennalee
Date Posted: 29 October 2013 at 2:53pm
Haa!! Just logged in under my wifes login whom I bought some pregnancy stuff for - I have had exactly the same situation.. No replies, no phone answer or answer phone! Just trying to google more about them when I saw this! Payment came out over a month ago but no product or replies to my refund requests...

Date Posted: 30 October 2013 at 8:33am
Shock Horror I just recieved an email from maternity direct - no real appology as such but they reckon they'll post it by the end of the week.
Will believe it when I see it.

Heres the email: Hi Emma

Thanks for your purchase with www.maternitydirect.co.nz spread the word!

We apologise for the delay we have needed to order in your items but your order will be dispatched at the end of this week

We thank you for your patience

Kind Regards and all the best for this special time

Keryn
Maternitydirect

Posted By: kate132417
Date Posted: 04 November 2013 at 8:50am
Im in the same boat. Ordered 3 nursing camis on the 22nd september and they still havent arrived. They have 107 dollars of my money (Im sure you can appreciate that at the time in our lives we can't afford to toss away money like this!) Phone number is invalid and Ive sent about 14 emails with no responsed. Im gutted and dont know what to do next. She's a thief!

Date Posted: 07 November 2013 at 10:46am
Has anyone had any luck getting their order delivered? I am getting sporadic emails from her when I send it with an urgent priority but still not recieved my goods as yet even though she said they would be dispatched last week - emailed again yesterday with subject line "WHERE IS MY ORDER?!?!" and left the body of the email blank, got a reply last night just saying that it had now been dispatched blah blah blah, nothing real personable - no real appology etc, which makes me think some of theses emails are just automated or templated etc just add a name and away it goes. I have asked for a tracking number this time - will see what happens

Posted By: katemckay300
Date Posted: 07 November 2013 at 12:05pm
Still heard nothing from her about my orderss. I have contacted my credit card company and lodged a transaction dispute, not sure how that will go though. I got a similar email about 4 weeks ago saying my order was currently beng dispatched.

Posted By: Amy7583
Date Posted: 09 November 2013 at 12:45am
I'm also in the same boat, if only I had seen this page before I ordered it makes me so mad that she is ripping people off, there must be so many other women this is happening to. its been over a month since I placed my order sent numerous emails never had any response, now applying with the bank to get a refund! there must be a way to stop/shame her   

Posted By: Janet133035
Date Posted: 12 November 2013 at 12:13pm
SO so guttered i only just seen the reviews now!!!
i ordered from this website 5 weeks ago and still have not received my order.
I have been told twice that it will be dispatched at the end of the week but nothing!
i have now said that if i do not receive my order or a refund by the end of the week that i will be contacting fair go and small claims court.

Posted By: Jessaroo
Date Posted: 12 November 2013 at 12:24pm
Been watching these posts for a while - I think someone should contact fair go regardless! This woman needs to be stopped!

-------------
http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Stacey133038
Date Posted: 12 November 2013 at 12:49pm
I too am I this boat!!! So furious!!   Have emailed with no reply, so my last one stated if I did not get a response I will be contacting the police as my bank said it has to go through them as I have willing paid money to this outfit so they can't reverse the transaction. Ripping off people is wrong but to do it to new and expecting mothers is disgusting. I am going to look into fair go etc this afternoon.

Date Posted: 12 November 2013 at 2:23pm
i have contacted fair go, i think as many people as possible should also send them a message. the more people that do the better chance we have at getting them to investigate her!!!

Date Posted: 12 November 2013 at 2:32pm
Just found her details on business.govt.nz her name is Keryn O'Brien. she even advertising stuff on facebook.

Date Posted: 12 November 2013 at 2:47pm
I posted a message on fair go page as well, I agree with Janet the more the better!!

Date Posted: 12 November 2013 at 5:08pm
Oh ... How do i do the fair go thing? I need to be in on this action too. Stacey - did u contact the police? I'm interested to hear what they say, thinking of doing that also.

Date Posted: 12 November 2013 at 5:30pm
I've sent fair go 2 messages on Facebook and 1 on their site - no reply from either

Date Posted: 12 November 2013 at 9:19pm
I haven't contacted the police yet, will give it a day or so, so that when I do I can say I've given plenty of opportunity to have my emails replied too. I will update once I've spoken to them and let you all know what they say. I went on the tvnz site and left a message on the contact fair go page.

Date Posted: 12 November 2013 at 9:33pm
http://tvnz.co.nz/fair-go/contact

Here is the direct link to fair go!
Also very interesting if you have any luck with the police

Date Posted: 13 November 2013 at 1:21pm
I have FINALLY recieved my purchase a month and a half after ordering - no surprise that one dress is in the wrong size - I'm not going to the hassle of trying to send it back and get the right size

My advice about contacting her ... email her everyday - mark the email as urgent/high priority and DON'T be polite - no please or thank yous etc be ANGRY!! I didn't get any real appologies but at least I did get a bit of action from her... not to say it will work for everyone tho.

Also I am happy to put my 2 cents in re fair go... her treatment of customers is abysmal - a poor excuse for a human being

Date Posted: 13 November 2013 at 9:58pm
wow im shocked, this afternoon i received my order. wrong colour but not going through the hassle of sending it back.
i agree with emma, you need to get angry and send 2-3 emails a day, dont be nice!

Date Posted: 18 November 2013 at 7:27am
Oh my god, I had a reply email from the awful woman. I responded and send I want a refund as 2 months waiting is to late! I highly doubt I will see my money any time soon though or hear from her again. We will see ...

Hi Kate

We apologise for the delay your goods will be dispatched by the end of this week is that still okay this is for the emma jane nursing tanks

Kind Regards
Keryn
Maternitydirect

Posted By: TashaL
Date Posted: 03 December 2013 at 11:01am
As someone that has also had this happen (April 2013) too I wouldn't even send the items back. I did, no refund. So am out of money and goods.

I have made an official complaint to http://dnc.org.nz

Maybe someone needs to start a facebook page and share it to all the mummy pages etc? Who's keen to do it?

Posted By: TashaL
Date Posted: 09 December 2013 at 3:28pm
8 months later, a few more emails and what do you know, refund.

Posted By: Annanova
Date Posted: 10 December 2013 at 11:08am
I'm still waiting on a refund for some togs I ordered on 20 October, she didn't have my size, I just wanted black togs, she kept trying to get me to take blue togs and horizontal stripes (which I wouldn't wear not pregnant let alone being pregnant) so I asked for a refund which she said she would process back on 20 November I emailed to say I still hadn't received it on 25 November and I'm still waiting and now she won't respond to emails.
I made a complaint on here http://www.theorb.org.nz/ not sure if it will make any difference but she is pretty much a scammer so it's worth a try, I don't understand how she is still in business! How can someone run a business without answering the phone!
I also ordered some shorts which I did receive but are an awful fit but there's no way I'm gonna bother sending them back.
I'm just going to send her an email a day until I get my refund, it's only $35.95 but it's more about the principle after reading everyone elses experiences too.

Posted By: Tas456
Date Posted: 26 December 2013 at 11:31pm
I have been waiting 19 weeks so far, I have sent an email each week, but will take the advice of others who have posted here and will:
- Send angry emails daily requesting a refund
- Will post on Facebook anywhere I can
- Will contact Fair Go

All the best ladies! I hope we all get refunded or orders dispatched, especially during such a special time.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net