Print Page | Close Window

Aug 06 Toddlers!

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: Expecting and Arrived
Forum Name: Born in 2006
Forum Description: Was your child born in 2006? Find other parents with children born in 2006 here!
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9373
Printed Date: 28 April 2024 at 11:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Aug 06 Toddlers!
Posted By: FionaS
Subject: Aug 06 Toddlers!
Date Posted: 23 July 2007 at 3:29pm
Ok so us Aug Mums haven't been very good at posting in the other section but our babies are the next to become toddlers!!! Wow how time flies! So let's take the lead from the July Mums and start posting about what our clever little poppets are up to :)

Maybe this can be made into a sticky??

I'll start us off. My girl has started walking holding only one hand so it's probably a matter of days / weeks until she walks independently. She has decided to skip crawling for now but we'll do games and activities to make up for it later. She is finally starting to settle and seems to grizzle less the more she walks. She is growing well but still doesn't eat much and certainly doesn't like textures or finger foods. Sleep is going really well, we are really blessed in that regard. She says several words and her favourite game is to run full speed ahead into Mummy and say "boof" on impact! Her Daddy taught her that trick. Hard to believe she's almost 1 though!

-------------
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley

Replies:
Posted By: Two Blondinis
Date Posted: 24 July 2007 at 9:18am
Originally posted by FionaS FionaS wrote:

her favourite game is to run full speed ahead into Mummy and say "boof" on impact! Her Daddy taught her that trick.

cute!

-------------
http://lilypie.com">

Posted By: 11111
Date Posted: 24 July 2007 at 10:08am
oh know I think it is kinda sad that we have made in to toddler already.  As for my little boy apart form being not well for quite sometime he is doing good not really into walking as yet find's crawling faster.  We are in the middle of popping those big back mollar's poor wee man is having a hard time with it.    He is a happy wee boy who loves his  food.    He can say up.  which is very cute.  He can also say dadda.  Well he is trying to play with the computer so better go.  I must admit i am a little sad we are here already.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:03am
If we don't get many of us in this thread maybe we can join in the July toddlers group?? (pretty please??)

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:36am

I am happy if you want to come and chat with us, I am sure the rest will be the same!

Loving the 'Boof" Fiona!

Posted By: Maya
Date Posted: 25 July 2007 at 12:04am
Happy birthday August toddlers for very soon! Sticky!

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Posted By: mum2emj
Date Posted: 25 July 2007 at 6:11am
hello fellow august *sob* toddler mumma's fiona, gabrielle sounds gorgeous
deb, mikey saying up!! CUTE!!! he is definatly a very happy baby from when i met him

kayla LOVES her food too, anyting we eat she wants cant sneak anything past her anymore or i heara little grunt!! lol- wee piggy. she likes to feed herself, often when im feeding her she will pack a right spazz and only be happy if she doing it by herself, which is very very messy but she is so cute that the mess doesnt matter kayla is a very happy little girl too awe, im so in love with my little girl

Date Posted: 25 July 2007 at 11:19am
We have a very picky eater here. She won't eat any finger foods except toast and bikkies. I tried making her some mini muffins as I thought they'd be healthier than biscuits but nope, straight on the floor. She knows what to do with finger food but if she doesn't like the feel of it (e.g. fruit, veg, meat, cheese) she simply throws it without even tasting it. If I try to put it in her mouth she gets mad. I still puree everything but try to sneak in soft chunks every meal.

Elle is still breastfed but I'm thinking of starting to wean but am not too sure how to go about it and what formula to use. She won't really drink water or juice. She prefers a bottle but will drink from a sippy cup but still hasn't learnt to tip it so I always have to hold it for her.

-------------

Posted By: caraMel
Date Posted: 25 July 2007 at 11:40am
Doh! I just put my first post in aaaaages back in the babies thread.
Maybe I'll just copy and paste...
Nice to see you all in here tho!

-------------
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Date Posted: 25 July 2007 at 11:42am
Awwww, our babies are not babies anymore!
I can't believe nearly a whole year has passed since we were queuing up to have our little ones, it just doesn't seem that long!

Lovely pics Rach, Kayla looks like such a happy wee girl!
You and Deb must have had a fantastic time catching up in person. Jealous!!

Kel its great to hear how well Blake is doing now! Mothercraft sounds like a fantastic place. I wish there was something like that here in Auckland, it would have made things so much better for me 5 months ago!

Good to see you too Chonni! Are you trying again? Woohoo, more babies!

Benjy is doing wonderfully. He got up and walked about a month ago and is now running everywhere.
He has 3 teeth and is slowly working on his 4th.
He eats like a horse, probably more than Ella does actually, and has weaned himself down to just 1 breastfeed a day. (Bit sad about that, but I'm glad we've managed to do it for this long!)
He is a gorgeous placid little guy. Just sits back and takes everything in, doesn't really make much of a fuss about things unless he wants food, or he's got himself stuck somewhere or Ella is hurting him.
He's also very determined, when he wants something he will try and try and try until he gets it. Very much like his Daddy I think!
Oh and he is mostly sleeping through the night too, WOOHOO!
Hope all you other Mummies are well, ((((HUGS)))) to you and your bubbies!

-------------

Posted By: chonny
Date Posted: 25 July 2007 at 9:23pm
HI Guys,
Mel, i live in auckland if you ever wanna meet up?

I don't want my baby to be a toddler:(

I wanna stop him

-------------

Date Posted: 06 August 2007 at 9:14pm
happy birthday benjy

argh! we are into our bubba's birthday month now oh my goodness i dont realise how much of a sook i am sometimes. i just read back on our august babies thread, brought me happy/sad tears. great memory of those early days with our babes. oh my gosh i soooooooooooooo want another!!! lol. i miss the tiny little newborn, miss the new smell (k still has hwer smell but its ot as fresh!!) miss the cute little cry... ok i dont miss the sore nipples and the constant waking, but it is all so special. i have 2 close cousins due to have babies this month and it just brings back how i was this time last year.

kayla has cut her 3rd tooth, a big top front one and it was awful, poor thing. hopefully she'll be sleeping better again soon.
having her party on sunday with family and friends. will do something special just with my family on her actual birthday.

sooooooooooooo emotional. i dont remember feeling so sad when my others were turning one, well i was with emma but it was for different reason, my grandma got very sick just before emmas 1st birthday and i was in wellington with my mum while em was celebrating with her dadddy.

ok i'm just sitting here yapping away, must sign off

take care everyone,
-rach and kayla xxoo-

Date Posted: 06 August 2007 at 9:52pm
wow it's hard to believe it's august already!

I'm a bit of a sook rach. I've been teary a lot lately. Bit emotional about my long awaited for (kinda) baby to turn one. I want him to stay little :(

Well, we really unsettled at the moment. Not sure what's going on, but goes to sleep in evening then wakes an hour later and screams for an hour. Any ideas?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 August 2007 at 8:13am

Well we have split our boy's up to try to keep Alan in his bedroon longer in the morning's.  we have set all his toy's and puzzles up he was so cute last night playing instead of going to bed.  Porr Mikey on the other hand took ages to settle I think he missed his big brother.  As for us we have 11 teeth and i think number 12 is about to arrive.  I so know what you mean Rach about wanting another bubba.  we are taking a break however nedd to sort a few thing's out first.

well better go Alan want's to have some breaky  Chat later.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 07 August 2007 at 8:56am
Morning Everyone,

Chonny I'd love to meet up sometime! Would be great to get our boys together!

I can't believe he is one already! Time just goes so fast.
I can't stop hugging him and remembering the day he was born. He might well be my last baby, so its very emotional for me.
At the same time, I am so excited about the person he is becoming. He is very adventurous now. He's learned how to push one of Ella's little chairs up to things and climbs on it to get up. Couches, coffee table, piano.. so scary!
He also LOOOOOVES switches. Such a little dangermouse!
I'd better stop rambling on, heaps to do today!

Hugs to you all,

Mel

-------------

Date Posted: 07 August 2007 at 12:10pm
I Know what you mean about giving lots of cuddles mel. I can't stop hugging vincent and telling him i lvoe him. Deb, hope things ok. We not actively trying at the moment. I haev joined an extreme trampoline class to try and get fit. But as soon as i get pregnant i will have to stop. Not allowed to bounce while pregnant apparently. But it's heaps of fun, so i'm not kind of pushing things, plus marriage not the best so i'm a bit scared to throw another baby into the mix.

Well, probably tmi but oh well.

Have a great day ladies,

Chonny

-------------

Date Posted: 07 August 2007 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by chonny chonny wrote:

wow it's hard to believe it's august already!

I'm a bit of a sook rach. I've been teary a lot lately. Bit emotional about my long awaited for (kinda) baby to turn one. I want him to stay little :(

Well, we really unsettled at the moment. Not sure what's going on, but goes to sleep in evening then wakes an hour later and screams for an hour. Any ideas?

Screaming one hour into night sleep sounds like night terrors...is he going to be a bit overtired?

We are very unsettled here too...LOOOOOTS of crying going on. We cut a top tooth yesterday though so perhap that has something to do with it

-------------

Date Posted: 08 August 2007 at 7:27am
deb- me and carlo are going to not try for another baby, we have decided... as in not "plan" for a baby but we wont do much to prevent it either. but if we do plan another i think i will wait till novemberish, i really want to drop a whole heap of weight, starting to feel real down about myself so want to do everything i can to make myself happy first, and would pefer not to have a baby in the cold of winter, i liked august (kayla)and october (jade) so if i started trying november again it would be those months..

Kayla is so clingy, still having problems with her at night, she wakes and will only settle when she gets in bed with me, and sometimes then she will stop screaming the house down but thinks its playtime and crawls all around the bed. i want to break that habbit as fast as i can- jade STILL gets in to bed with me and she turns 5 in less than 2 months. she went through a good patch when she would only come in as it was morning and has slowly got back into 12 or 1am... and it drives me insane!! i know its my fault for allowing her to sleep with me back in the day when carlo did 1am starts and i HATED being alone, and he still does early's so i find it yuck dealing with screaming kids alone at night and prefer just to keep peace and let them stay... vicious cycle, but i do have to bve strong cause its affecting my sleep, i dont sleep much at night.

k- i really could chat all morning but i gotta get my girls ready for the day...

hope you all have great days,
rach

Date Posted: 08 August 2007 at 8:39am
can't ralk now, but ditto Rach I have just been trying to break ALan out of the habbit DH doing early start's it so cold on your own so I love Alan coming to see me trouble is he won't go back to sleep anymore.will tell you about it later.  2 more sleep's till my baby one.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 08 August 2007 at 9:04am
Morning Ladies,
I used to bring Vincent in with me in the morning if he woke about 6am, but soon discovered he just wanted to play too. SO now have decided will get up and feed him, then i get to at least go back to bed for a bit.

Sprained my ankle last night and on crutches for the next couple of days so life is oging to be fun. Vincent still asleep in bed which is great as had a rough night again alst night.

Enjoy your days ladies,

Chonny

p.s Happy birthday to all those over the next few days

-------------

Date Posted: 08 August 2007 at 10:54am
Wow! Happy almost-birthday to your little ones! It's hard to believe they are almost 1! Amazing how they can seem to grown up and yet so much like little babies all at once.

Chonny I hope your ankle gets better quickly! Looking after a bubba with a sore ankle would be hard.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 August 2007 at 12:25pm
HI Fiona, thanks, yea ankle real sore. Yesterday Mum came and helped me, and today my sister is here to help. Worked yesterday but not going in today. Not sure what i'll do tomorrow or tomorrow night as hubby working til midnight, and again on saturday from 3pm til midnight. Have to see what happens i guess.

Have a great day all, and enjoy those birthday babies

Hugs to all,
Chonny

-------------

Date Posted: 10 August 2007 at 6:30am
owch chonny, hope your ankle is feeling better. crutches and a wee bub cant be fun.

HAPPY BIRHDAY MIKEY!!! argh! deb!!! hes ONE! lol. hope you have a good day thinking of you (and really wishing i lived in new plymouth to drop around and give mikey a bday hug!)

Date Posted: 10 August 2007 at 9:03am
Hi Everyone,

Happy Birthday Mikey! Have an awesome day with your big boy Deb.
Get better quick Chonny!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 August 2007 at 1:37pm

Hey ladies sorry I have been hiding the last few day's been really busy.  Mikey had a great birthday we had a little party it was very cool.  I was at a meeting at the church all day yesterday the boy's were with Nana, but half way through the day I got a text saying Mikey was sick so they had to take him to doc DH was home by then.    He has another ear infection and a chest infection so not a happy chappy not the best birthday pressy for him.  Well i am off to have  Nana nap Alan had me up at 5am this morning.

Take care ladies and if i don't get back here HAppy birthday all the little one's coming up.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 13 August 2007 at 2:00pm
Happy birthday Mikey! And all those coming up this week?

Thanks for all the well wishes, ankle much better, walking a bit on it, but if any distance, stil using one crutch. Much easier today tho.

Deb, so sorry to hear mikey not well again! You poor thing.

Well, off to check other emails and catch up.

Have a great day ladies,

Chonny

-------------

Date Posted: 13 August 2007 at 7:45pm
Wow good to hear your ancle is getting better.  Well sem's it not just Mikey now, but Alan has come down with it too.  So back to the doc tomorrow.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 6:24am
awe- sorry deb, im sad that your boys arent very well hope they start to feel better soon.

Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 12:23pm
That sounds really nasty Deb, can't be fun for any of you. Thoughts with you adn the boys while they get better.

-------------

Posted By: Olliesmummie
Date Posted: 25 August 2007 at 10:44pm
birthday aug babies
ollie was 2 on the 17th

-------------

Date Posted: 27 August 2007 at 9:56am
Hi Guys,
well Vincent turned one on Thursday. Was neat, hubby started work late so we could go out for breakfast and then we went to Mainly Music as usual. My parents came over in the evening as hubby wasn't home and i wasn't feelign the best.

Had Vincent's party yesterday. Went really smoothly. Had about 35 people including 12-13 kids. Very noisy, but Vincent coped really well!

Hope everyone else is enjoying this time of year altho i think we were the last one? Anyways, bubs has croup and not eating at teh moment. Should i be concerned?

Talk to you all soon,

Hugs to all,

Chonny

-------------

Date Posted: 27 August 2007 at 10:11am
awe happy late birthday to vincent and ollie!

kayla has croup at the mo too and is only picking at her foods- she is drinking heaps though.. man croup is nasty- i have taken her to the doc twice stressing out! i never knew it was so yuck hope that vincent gets better quickly xxoo

Date Posted: 27 August 2007 at 10:17am
and happy birthday to Gabrielle for yesterday!!! must be ethans soon? HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN!! lol

Date Posted: 29 August 2007 at 10:00am
Thanks Rach. We had an ok day. Gabrielle was a real grizzle guts so entertained the family with her various grunts and complaints! Oh well!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 August 2007 at 7:29am

Hey happy birthday to all the big one year olds.  Well we have had a really bust few week's will vcome psot more when i get a chance.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 30 August 2007 at 7:58am
hey deb i hope thigns are ok, been wondering how you have been.

Date Posted: 30 August 2007 at 10:03pm
Hey guys, deb hope boys are better. Hope everyone else is good?

I miss hearing from everyone so often like we used to! this time lasty year! WOW! STIL CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER A YEAR THAT WE'VE BEEN CHATTING!

-------------

Date Posted: 31 August 2007 at 5:41am
i know chonny, i miss it too
things are going pretty good in my house at the mo, jade is about to start school (well first day back next term) so has started her school visits and she loved her first one.
kayla is doing great, no signs of walking anytime soon, she crawls so fast though, has even started doing a little shuffle on her bottom at times. yesterday she did stand up for a few seconds on her on, took me a while to click though, she had come over to me (i was sitting on the floor) and stood up then let go of me...
she is a chatty wee girl still- hardly a quite moment in my house! her latest word and it cracks me up how she says it is g'day- she says it g'daaaaaaaaaay.
she is cutting one bottom molar and her two top ones- and has her two bottom fromt teeth and one really huge top one! its gorgeous, i call her chomper lol.
i have just found out im pregnant again, havent had it confirmed and dont really know what date to work with yet (periods have been all over the place) but i will be due early may(ish), im in a bit of shock as wasnt really expecting it, after deciding to wait until the end of the year to maybe start trying. i havent told my family yet (oops) might wait a few more weeks to tell them.
all the best to everyone hope to hear more from you all soon xxoo
rach

Date Posted: 31 August 2007 at 10:35am
wow rach! congrats! i didn't even think you guys were planning anymore. congrats to you all

keep us informed. Wish it was me too. lol. ALtho....yea...marriage not good....maybe not wise idea.....

I'm so happy for you guys tho! that'l be so much fun and very busy for you. So kayla will be almost 2 aye? at least it's a nice gap?

Chonny

-------------

Date Posted: 31 August 2007 at 10:52am

ya congrat's Rach and DH!

I am so excited for you both.

Well as for us we are doing so well life is going great.   I have so much more energy lately and been going walking eveyday down at the port it has been amazing.  My boy's are load's better prasie God.   It been a long few week's around here.  Well I best get going and get on with house work i have even kept up with my washing it has been great.

Chonny I have sent you a PM

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Posted By: EthansMummy
Date Posted: 31 August 2007 at 10:54am
Hey August 06 Mummies

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE BABIES AND CONGRATS FOR SURVIVING THE FIRST YEAR TO ALL THE MUMMIES.

I have been so slack at getting on here lately and missing all the mummy talk so will have to be better at it.

Ethan was 1 on Wednesday - I can't believe my baby is 1 and officially a toddler.

He is doing fantastically (sp) he still amazes my everyday.

OMG Rach congrats on the pregnancy.

Talk to you all soon!!!

-------------

** MUM TO **
Ethan     29/08/2006
Brooke   22/09/2008

Date Posted: 31 August 2007 at 11:44am
Deb, i tried to reply but apparently you have maxed out your inbox?

Yay for ethan! glad he's doing well

-------------

Date Posted: 31 August 2007 at 2:31pm

ops empty now

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 03 September 2007 at 11:25am
Has anyone had a look at the little cuties born july/aug this year? They are so adorable! making me soooooooo clucky!!!!!!!!!!
now can someone please tell me how i get to show you all photos?

I have just uploaded heaps onto photo bucket

-------------

Date Posted: 04 September 2007 at 9:04pm
How are all your little cherubs getting along? Gabrielle has the funniest habits. For example, one of the things she loves to do is make a straining face & sounds whilst clenching her fists. She turns bright red and look so funny. My friends laughed so much when she did it that she decided it was the cool thing to do so the other day when we were in the supermarket she was doing it to all the passers by! Sooooooooooo cute. She still loves to play "boof" too and is constantly running into things and saying boof.

Are your bubba's majorly accident proned? We have soooooooooo many falls and tears at the moment.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 September 2007 at 9:54pm
We not running or walking yet so no falls like that. But we get stroppy if we don't get our way and arch our head back so far we end up falling backwards! Very cute to see, but also stubborn! I can't help but smile every time

-------------

Date Posted: 04 September 2007 at 9:57pm
Oh yes we get that too. I too laugh everytime...it just seems so dramatic! :)

-------------

Date Posted: 05 September 2007 at 8:11am

We are all good here.  finally alot healtherwhich is good.

Chonny I so waht you mean about being ver clucky my friend's jsut had a littel girl last week and was at church on Sunday I almost cried I was so clucky so DH and have decided we are going to start trying next cycle  So hopefullyy we will PG by christmas.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 05 September 2007 at 8:18am
goodluck deb

Date Posted: 05 September 2007 at 9:48am
CONGRATULATIONS RACH!!!!
Did you announce your preg somewhere? How did I miss that?
Wow, 4 babies you lucky mummy! I'm one of 4 and all of us kids are still great mates. I think thats one of the most awesome things about bigger families, the closeness between siblings that lasts a lifetime.
Great to hear from you Linelle, what is Ethan up to these days?
Chonny, I so agree, the July/Aug bubs this year are soooo gorgeous! Its hard to believe that was us last year huh?
I look at them and think, I want another one!! But not yet for us.
How are things with you? Is your ankle all better now?
Deb! Yay for TTC. I'm crossing my fingers for you.
Glad to hear you're all healthy again, you guys had a bad run with bugs this winter huh?
Fiona, Elle sounds so cute and funny! Benjy is very accident prone. He has learned how to climb up onto the coffee table and anything else he can reach and has has some good tumbles because of that. He is fairly resilient thankfully, it helps that it cracks Ella up when he falls, so he can laugh at himself too.
He can throw a pretty good tantrum now too. If he doesn't get something he wants (usually food, lol), he will throw himself backwards or forwards onto the floor and do the whole kicking and screaming thing. It is SO funny to watch!
He has decided he only needs one nap per day now. Usually its a good 2-2.5 hours so I'm not too bothered.
He is starting to learn a few words, Mum, Dad, Ella, yumyum, hello... maybe one more but I can't remember right now.

I think that is enough baby rambling for me now!
Hope you're all well, looking forward to hearing about your bubba's soon!

BTW Kelly, are you still with us? I want to hear how you and Blake are doing please! I miss you!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 September 2007 at 10:16am
Hey guys,
Deb that is so cool! We are trying too. But nto actively. Haven't had it for bout 6 weeks. lo. sorry prob TMI. Altho, last period was light, i have sore boobs and funny taste in my mouth this am. Could this mean anything? I'm a bit worried???

Mel, my ankle is fine now thank you. Cleared up last tuesday. So nice to be all better now.

Benjy sounds like he's getting on really well. YAY.

I really wanna show u guys a pic of vincent but not sure how to add it in here. will try.

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff301/chontelle_album/?action=view¤t=CIMG0041.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: 05 September 2007 at 10:17am
ok didn't work. help please!!??

-------------

Date Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:19pm
just checking in quickly before heading out to pick up jade from kindy and go out for birthday lunch...
mel i havent announced my pregnancy much- havent even told my parents! lol...
chonny, is that you havent had a period for 6 weeks?? have you tested? im just syaing that becaus im sitting here with sore boobs, cramping and a yucky taste in my mouth and im preggers! oooh that would be cool if you are!
oooh better go... running late! arhh!
rach xxoo

Date Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:57pm
Oooh Chonny, Vincent is a cutie! He is going to be so handsome!

I copied and pasted the link to get to the pic, but to post in here you need to use the link with the square brackets. (the bottom img code to the right of the photo.)

Here's Vincent!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 September 2007 at 8:44am

oh chonny he so cute

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 06 September 2007 at 10:02am
chonny he is gorgeous

Date Posted: 06 September 2007 at 8:26pm
Thanks mel, and thanks guys! i think he cute too lol. bit i am biased.

Rach, hadn't had sex for 6 weeks, had light perion month ago. And of course, after typing what i did yesterday, i got my period!

Oh well, i'm going to make hubby try this time i think. How do you make hubby want sex? lol....

Here's another pic of Vincent. Sorry, i'm just stoked i finally worked it out.

Day we arrived home,

and now

-------------

Date Posted: 06 September 2007 at 8:27pm
Notice the blonde hair now as oppsed to the black when born? Weird!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 September 2007 at 12:52am
Man he is so cute! Looks like a really happy wee guy Chonny!

I was surprised when I saw his blonde hair, I thought I must have remembered wrong!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 September 2007 at 11:12am
nope, he rubbed it all off aroudn the sides and then the top went blonde. lol. My lil bro was blonde as a kid, and so was hubby. both turned darker about 5. We expect Vincent will do the same

-------------

Date Posted: 09 September 2007 at 8:44pm
Hi Ladies. Exciting news...Gabrielle is now walking independently!!! She has also mastered a few new words so now has a total vocab of 13 words :) The newest 2 words are "clock" and "shoes". She has also learned to point the remote at the tv and press the buttons until the channel changes.

Isn't it amazing to watch them develop at this age?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 September 2007 at 9:07pm
OK.... what am i doing wrong? Vincent has no teeth, only says a few words, (maybe 7?) and isn't sleeping right during the day anymore? what am i doing wrong?!?!?!???

-------------

Date Posted: 10 September 2007 at 9:15pm
Hi Chonny...don't worry

1. Teeth are not related to any developmental milestones. They will come when they are ready...and the later they arrive the stronger they are

2. 7 words is fab! They look for about 10 by 18mths so he is doing really really well. Elle's language is exceptional but remember she didn't crawl so she was focussing on words while other babies were learning to move

3. Day sleeps - sometimes day sleeps get mucked up at times when they are dropping a sleep but they do settle down. Just be consistent with trying to get him down around the same time each day and he will get back into it.

Am I right in thinking you have a new baby too? Maybe that is exciting him??

-------------

Date Posted: 11 September 2007 at 7:59am

OK.... what am i doing wrong? Vincent has no teeth, only says a few words, (maybe 7?) and isn't sleeping right during the day anymore? what am i doing wrong?!?!?!???

Everything Fiona said oh and Mikey does not really say any word's yet except Dadda and Mumma.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 11 September 2007 at 1:33pm
Thanks Fiona,
No i don't have a new baBY, i wish i did, ....., Hopefully going to try for a new one soon. Unfortunately i wish my days were all the same where i could get him down at the same time every day :( i just feelk like i'm not doing very well at the moment. You'd think being a nanny i would know all this, but i just feel useless etc at the moment....

-------------

Date Posted: 11 September 2007 at 4:52pm
I'm sure you are doing a great job! Is he reasonably happy with no day sleep though? If yes, then perhaps he doesn't need much? Just keep doing your best

Must be getting you confused with another member re: the new baby! Sorry about that.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 September 2007 at 6:45pm

Thanks Fiona, 
You'd think being a nanny i would know all this, but i just feel useless etc at the moment....

I felt totally the same way when I had Alan I was totally at a loss it is so differnt when it is your baby so don't feel bad hunny you are doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 11 September 2007 at 11:03pm
Thanks for keeping positive guys. It's what i needed. Fiona, yea i guess he kind of happy during day. gets grumpy late avo and clingy, which is really annoying....but yea i guess so?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 September 2007 at 10:26am
The late afternoon grumpiness and clingyness is totally normal. Most babies I hear about still do that...even if they nap! If he is happy then he probably has less sleep needs. Just keep doing your best :) Sounds like you are doing a great job.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 September 2007 at 1:02pm
Thanks.... i'm going to try putting him down about 11.30 for a sleep and see if he has longer. Hasn't the last couple of days, but he's been in the car so understandable. Maybe tomorrow we will be home in time. lol. Or maybe not with mainly music. lol

-------------

Date Posted: 13 September 2007 at 3:49pm
We've been meaning to joing mainly music. Which one do you go to Chonny.

I'm constantly astounded about how much Elle understands. This morning she was doing circles around me as I dried my hair. She seemed to be getting bored so I suggested that she go and look at her books. Next thing I know I peek into her room and she is standing at her bookcase looking at her books! I had no idea 1 year olds understood so much! Ain't they just the cleverest little things?!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 September 2007 at 7:13pm
That is so cool Fiona!

Yay for Elle.

We go to the one at Hillsborough Baptist

-------------

Date Posted: 13 September 2007 at 7:45pm
That is really close to us but i work Thurs mornings so will have to find another one. We did go to one but Elle was too young and unsettled to benefit so we stopped going. Now she is older and loves music so I know she would absolutely love to go.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 September 2007 at 11:00am
apparently our joint friend used to sometimes go to greenlane music on a wednesday

you could try there, otherwise Ngairie Ave bible chapel have one on a wednesday too, they were predominantly toddlers when i was there

-------------

Posted By: buzimumto3boys
Date Posted: 18 September 2007 at 6:54am
Hi guys.... thought I might join in here!
My son was born 8/8/06

Sounds like everyones bubs are doing really well! Cam says very few words... and isnt walking yet either! Im not rushing it tho as the other 2 were walking by this age... I want him to stay my baby a little longer!!

He has always been a good sleeper... they all seem to have been, so we dont have much problems there! Thank goodness. Though he has changed his day sleeps to normally one now around lunch time, if he has been really busy sometimes he will have 2.

I have never taken him to music or gym or anything...thinking I should start!!

Date Posted: 18 September 2007 at 8:06am
hi buzimum! how old are your boys?

kayla is showing no signs still of walking anytime soon- which a bit like you buzimum my other 2 were, i think kayla just loves being carried around! lol, that and she is a fast crawler so gets places happily anyway.

chony- how are you doing? its easy to feel like we are doing something wrong but it sounds like vincent is doing really well! 7 words is great! jade didnt get her first tooth till she was 13.5months old everyone is different which makes all babies special
and being a nanny doesnt make it any easier! i think as nannies we have high expectations on ourselves which makes it harder in a way! like we should know everything already.. things are really different when its your own baby 24/7, your flesh and blood, your hormones going crazy! you are doing a really good job by the sounds of it, so you should be proud of yourself!

Date Posted: 18 September 2007 at 8:21am
Hi,
My boys are 4.5 nearly 3, and 13 months. They are all 21 months apart!

I think Cam is too scared to walk as he tends to get pushed around a bit as it is!!

Chonny: I agree with what mum2emj said, I also for a time was a Nanny and I really couldnt understand why people yelled at their kids and did some of the things they did.... now I completely understand how frustrating things can be. Dont worry about the words! My son only says a few things... mum mum dad dad and some other things we try and decypher! And as for walking I would say he is a way off... he cruises furniture and has only recently stood a couple of times (only for a few seconds!) without help.
My eldest son was 13 months when he got his first tooth and then he got them all very quickly. Cam has 7 teeth at the moment and they seem to come in 2's.
I hope you are feeling better about how things are going! Im sure you are doing a great job!

Date Posted: 18 September 2007 at 8:24am
Oh and Chonny he will speak alot more when his teeth come through as well... in my experience any way... it seems to help them control their tongue more when they have teeth to guide them!

Also Cam is VERY clingy... he hangs off my pants in the kitchen and follows me EVERYWHERE! He wont even sit with DH for long.. he wants to climb all over me!! Im hoping this will change when he is walking! ... or am I????? LOL

Date Posted: 18 September 2007 at 8:46am
eek! kayla can be clingy at times to me too! but not as bad as she was.
wow! 21 months apart thats really cool! i love the smaller age gaps.
jade turns 5 next month, emma is 3.5 and kayla is 13 months so mine are a wee mix of age, i dont really like the 2 year 5 month gap between emma and kayla love the 17.5 month gap with jade and emma and the big gap (almost 4 years) between jade and kayla.
kayla will be 21 months (i think) when his baby is due.

Date Posted: 18 September 2007 at 9:11am

apparently our joint friend used to sometimes go to greenlane music on a wednesday

you could try there, otherwise Ngairie Ave bible chapel have one on a wednesday too, they were predominantly toddlers when i was there

Yes we used to go to the Wed one at Greenlane church but there is quite a long waiting list for that one unfortunately. Might look into the other one.

:)

-------------

Date Posted: 18 September 2007 at 11:06am
Originally posted by mum2emj mum2emj wrote:

eek! kayla can be clingy at times to me too! but not as bad as she was.
wow! 21 months apart thats really cool! i love the smaller age gaps.

I like the 21 month gap with my boys... it is hard work at times though! but isnt everything! LOL I want a big age gap before the next. I think I need time to collect myself and work on me for a while! (also the need for a bigger house etc!)

Cam is grizzly with his clingyness! it can drive me mad some days... I struggle to find things to occupy him! Anyone have any good learning/development toys to recommend?? I just got him this cool train thing but its so noisey!!

Date Posted: 18 September 2007 at 3:39pm
We just borrow a Poo & Friends activity table from the toy library and Elle is loving it! I like the toy library as you can get new things every couple of weeks. It is $70 for a 12mth membership and you can hire 3 new toys every week (i think) for no additional charge.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 September 2007 at 3:59pm
Thanks for that... how do I find out about a toy library near me?? I have heard of them before but dont know anyone that uses it!
Thanks

Date Posted: 19 September 2007 at 8:18am

Hi guy's in the middle of moving so I won't be arounf for a few day's.  Mikey is really clingy at the momnet too.   Oh and we are all sick again yes we all have the flu Mikey is really bad so have to keep a close eye on him. 

Oh and for my exciting new's.  Now we have a new house to move to and we have alot less stress to deal with we are going to start TTC I hope to be pregnant by Christmas. 

How rude of me welcome buzimum to us augest Mum's we are so pleased you could join us your boy's are so cute.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 19 September 2007 at 9:06am
woohoo deb! all the best for ttc! hope it happens really fast for you, i'll send you some pregnancy bugs gosh its in the water here in nelson! i am over feeling so sick... why we put ourselves through it i dont know! lol

hope that you and your boys get better real quick deb, sounds like things are improving, thats really good- goodluck with the move, where are you moving to?

Date Posted: 19 September 2007 at 9:13am
HI Ladies,
Welcome Busimum.... thanks for the advice etc guys.

Toy Library you should be able to look us in the phone book or something i would think. The only thing tho, the reason i haven't joined, is because you have to work in there 3 times a year or something.

Things going pretty ok up here, Vincent taking a few steps, won't be long and he'l be walking. he said high chair the other day! OMG!

we are ttc, reasonably actively i guess. just hoping house unting won't take too much fo a stress on my body and we will eb able to get preggy soonish. We will be moving house i would say by the end of next month. Have to be out of here by 30 Nov but hoping to buy a house closer to my parents in Papakura.

Well, not much to tell around here i guess, feeling a bit better about things again. Thanks again....
Vincent sleeping better again. Must have just been a real changing time for him as he learnt to step i think. We have mastered max 5 steps so far

Chonny

-------------

Date Posted: 19 September 2007 at 9:50am
Thank you for the welcome

How exciting mums TTC!! Good luck!

I will look up the toy library thats local to us... and see what they say... We have had a big toy box of the kids stuff in the garage for the last few months and Im thinking I will get that out next week when my oldest DS goes away for 2 weeks... Should keep the other 2 busy!

Date Posted: 19 September 2007 at 8:51pm

HI Ladies,

Toy Library you should be able to look us in the phone book or something i would think. The only thing tho, the reason i haven't joined, is because you have to work in there 3 times a year or something.

Chonny

Not sure if that is the case at all of them as that isn't part of our membership to the Epsom one.

Glad everyone is doing well. We've talked about TTC but are not ready for number 2 quite yet. Elle is also going through a really clingy stage...i'm guessing this is the separation anxiety phase.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 September 2007 at 10:56am
That sounds like it could be a very tiring time Fiona,
Which toy library are you at?

I don't think that, even tho i'd like it now, i don't think we will get preggy soon. The stress of house buying etc....

Oh well, it'l happen when it happens right...

-------------

Date Posted: 21 September 2007 at 3:38pm
Yes, these things all seem to happen in good time :)

We go to the Carlsen Toy Library on St Andrews Rd Epsom :)

-------------

Date Posted: 23 September 2007 at 2:21pm
That's an awesome one there, i used to work at Carlson. But i was under the impression you had to do some work in the shop. OH well, all changing now.... We bought a house! YAY! Papakura here we come...

-------------

Date Posted: 23 September 2007 at 6:36pm
Wow congratulations on the new house chonny!!

Date Posted: 25 September 2007 at 7:48pm
Thanks,
going to be strange moving away from the few friends i have here. Espesh my nanny friend whom i see heaps.

I guess will have to try find other mums etc out there...... will still be coming over here probably every 2nd tuesday to Quench (coffee group where the kids are looked after and mums get to do crafts) and also to music on thurs.

Fiona, do you work tuesdays?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 12:54pm
Hi Ladies,
i don't think i told you that on the day our offer on the house got accepted, Vincent started walking. He now seems like he's trying to run coz he gets real fast....sometimes too fast that he falls over.lol.

Well, 2nd ear infection in three weeks, hopefully this lot of Antibiotics will clear it up. my usually active boy lay on the bed stil watching a video this am. not like him at all! poor wee baby.

How is everyone else getting on? There's been no talking in here lately. Rach, hows the pregnancy going? Deb, hows the ttc going?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 7:40pm
Hi Chonny I have been laying low. really concertrating on my family so only pop in to aee augest update's.

Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 9:37pm
Always a good thing to focus on the family debs. Glad ot hear it.

-------------

Posted By: Kelpa
Date Posted: 22 October 2007 at 7:44pm
HELLO EVERYONE!!! I cant believe some of you are pregnant...CONGRATULATIONS..>Are you mad??? he he

Just saw this thread! I havent been on Oh Baby much..Seem to be forever busy as Mark is constantly away for weeks on end now in charge of jobs here there and everywhere!

Blake is MASSIVE. He is 14kg and 82cm tall.
He loves food and gobbles up loads of it. Has two sleeps and is tucked in at 6 to wake at 6:30.Has a wicked sense of humour and laughs all day long. Has figured out cupboards, drawers, doors and is into everything like all your wee bubs!
He is a real joy to have. We have a problem with eczema and think he will have asthma so trying to work on that!!
Any brilliant ideas for eczema would be great!

Was great reading all about your little ones and hearing all your news...

XX

Kel

-------------

Date Posted: 22 October 2007 at 7:59pm
WOW Kel! He is a good growing boy!

Who else is pregnant? Did i miss a bulletin somewhere? I knwo Rach is... And Debs and I are Trying....

Hope the TTC is going well Debs,
Kel, Vincent is doing all but the sleeping the same as blake, plus, he not as big.... he still tiny....

-------------

Date Posted: 22 October 2007 at 9:27pm
Hi everyone. We've all been a bit quite lately huh!

Elle is still under 9Kgs :) Just a wee thing. She isn't eating much of anything...everything get's spat out or thrown on the floor.

She is going through a really clingy phase. She wants to be carried everywhere all the time and if you don't pick her up, she will cry and cry and cry (we recorded 25mins of major crying for absolutely no reason). When she finally stops crying she is 100% fine so who knows how we deal with that! I don't know whether to walk away or put an arm around her and quiety wait for her to stop. It happens several times a day.

Got 6 teeth and about 19 words and is running everywhere! Still can't get herself up from sitting or lying down though.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 October 2007 at 9:16am
Hi ladies jdut popping in I have been pretty quiet laetly really trying to focus on my boy's and house work. Just popping into say my Mikey is walking now can't believe it he is so quick and loves running with his big bro. they are such good mates. Well best go got to do washing .

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net