FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSewing machine for a 6 yo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenn250200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn250200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sewing machine for a 6 yo?
    Posted: 13 November 2019 at 9:15am
My eldest daughter learnt sewing, and she is sooo excited to mend the simple stuff for the family. Now she knows the basics so we're willing to give her simple machine this year.
And here comes the question, which machine should I buy?

Of course, I've asked the google first, and here are a some of dozens reviews I've checked:
https://www.kidactivities.net/best-sewing-machine-for-kids/
https://craftsselection.com/best-sewing-machine-for-kids/
https://sewingland.org/best-sewing-machine-for-kids/

But you know how tricky is to find real feedback

So I'm asking you, which machine - in your opinion - would be suitable for a 6 y.o.? Need to mention, she won't be sewing alone as I'm going to guide her so she'd be safe. Now I'm eyeballing both Singers and Janome's (as I've had some good experience with them in the past). Yet still it's hard to decide. Are not these machine are way tooo... well, toy-ish? But guess I'm not ready to introduce my kiddo to the vintage one.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

NicholasBlak252766 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicholasBlak252766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2020 at 10:56pm
Huh I think that maybe a 6 year old is a little too young to do sewing. I started to sew seriously when I was around 13 years old. At the time the only sewing machine that we had in the house was an old Singer (I honestly can't remember the model of the machine). I really lied ti and I was always fascinated regarding the way it worked, especially since my mom never let me near it. In the end I made her teach me. The first thing she taught me was how to thread an old singer and it was so fun. I have been sewing ever sine I was a teenager. Half of the clothes I owned in high school were self-made. I will definitely teach my kids sewing as well.

Edited by NicholasBlak252766 - 27 October 2020 at 10:58pm
Lora250801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lora250801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2020 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by NicholasBlak252766 NicholasBlak252766 wrote:

Huh I think that maybe a 6 year old is a little too young to do sewing. I started to sew seriously when I was around 13 years old. At the time the only sewing machine that we had in the house was an old Singer (I honestly can't remember the model of the machine). I really lied ti and I was always fascinated regarding the way it worked, especially since my mom never let me near it. In the end I made her teach me. The first thing she taught me was how to thread an old singer and it was so fun. I have been sewing ever sine I was a teenager. Half of the clothes I owned in high school were self-made. I will definitely teach my kids sewing as well.

Thanks for the information
Henry266005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry266005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 12:08pm
Hi i am looking for the Best Sewing Machine For Beginners. What kind of machine do u recommend?
shraddha266264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shraddha266264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2021 at 4:25pm
I think you should go for Brother LS14S. It is the Best Sewing Machine for kids so far. You can also check out their other machines. They are best!
Casey266803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casey266803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 3:18am
Originally posted by shraddha266264 shraddha266264 wrote:

I think you should go for Brother LS14S. It is the Best Sewing Machine for kids so far. You can also check out their other machines. They are best!

Agree! I bought it last year for my teenage girl, she wanted to try herself in sewing. It took her very little time to get used to it and understand how it works.
alicia266982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alicia266982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2021 at 3:06pm
I feel you should buy brother pq1500sl. It is not only for kinds clothing but also for all type of sewing work. To be honest brother sewing machines are great for family use.
Sewing267971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sewing267971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2021 at 12:16pm
Well i just want to say you here that a singer sewing machine for beginners can help keep consistent stitch lengths and strong seams, said wedding dress designer Samantha Sleeper. “Whereas with hand sewing, the sewer must manually attempt to mimic the machine’s reliability in stitch length, spacing and tension,” Sleeper noted.
 Post Reply Post Reply