FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSupervision at school

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supervision at school
    Posted: 29 October 2008 at 4:43pm
so i was having gabriels school visit and i let him stay and play with the other kids at break time. there was heaps of kids and lots going on...but i could see hardly any teachers any where. I was a bit shocked at this and wondered if this is normal? or should i be concerned? i think all in all i saw two wearing reflective vests and one other not in a vest.

Sponsored Links

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 5:46pm
yep pretty normal sarahs school usually have 3-5 teachers floating around between the different play areas.

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 6:56pm

They do have a roster that they do it. Usually have 1 teacher for each area.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 8:30pm
Nyah gets locked into her school and they have two teachers on duty in the junior section of the school where she is.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 10:24pm
I'm not sure how many there are at Maya's school, but she does talk about having to see the duty teacher when she's fallen over etc. I was more freaked out the other day when they had their mission day and the parents could come and spend the morning there, everyone was wandering around willy nilly and there didn't seem to be anyone taking note of which kids didn't have parents there or supervising them
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 9:24pm
Im a bit worried about this too. what if they decide to go wandering at lunchtime and walk out the gate or something?
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 6:28pm
I'm a teacher (or was!) and depending on the size of the school theres always teachers on duty.
The 2 schools I worked in this year were quite small (120 and 160 kids) and we just had 2 teachers on duty at lunchtime and playtime (and also a couple of teacher aides)
When I worked at a bigger school (250 kids) we had 3 teachers on duty (and also walkie talkies to talk to each other!)
Basically kids are left to do what they like in the playground - playing!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 7:56pm
Yep It's pretty much the same at my girls primary but if you are concerned about Gabriel you could always talk to the teacher about having a buddy at lunch time or having the duty teacher keep a special eye on him until he is settled in.

I have found most teachers are very helpful and considerate of your concerns as a "new" parent.
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:56pm
i know sarahs school has kind of a "no go zone" near the fences etc but as my mum lives accross the road there always seems to be a teacher near by, as sometimes sarah walks up to the fence and yells out" hello nanna" when she ses her or me and theres always a teacher within sight.

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
 Post Reply Post Reply