FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaxing - TMI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Katep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 7:22am
Carin- if you do decide to get one, I would suggest making sure they use 'hot wax'. They layer it on, wait for it to dry then yank. It is meant to be much nicer than 'strip (cold) wax'.

Mum to the Gorgeous Leah!
              7 months
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Katep Katep wrote:

Carin- if you do decide to get one, I would suggest making sure they use 'hot wax'. They layer it on, wait for it to dry then yank. It is meant to be much nicer than 'strip (cold) wax'.

just watch out though as the hot wax feels really nice an soothing...you start to relax and feel good....this is nice......till they rip your hair out....so cruel!!!!
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 9:05am

You can get bikini trimmers from Farmers, in the small appliances section - by the hairdryers/straighteners etc.  I've had mine nearly 2 yrs and use it to trim everywhere.  Now I can't stand it when it gets too long, so trim up every few weeks.

Sorry, can't remember who asked about them.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 9:18am
Just reading this thread makes me wince.

I wish I could wax but went once and it was just too painful!

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 12:43pm

Well I have booked myself a bikini wax for next Wednesday. The lady I spoke to was really helpful (I bombarded her with questions) and booked me in with her.

She suggested I take a Panadol (or two depending on my pain threashhold) before I come in and that tends to help with the "sensation" as she called it.

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 1:57pm
The first time will always be the worst pain wise, so make sure you go back and it will be much better and easier
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Inlove28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inlove28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Chickielou Chickielou wrote:

I am contemplating just having a trim up now as im suffering from really really corse hair down there.........its like im growing wire and the toilet paper seems to get stuck to it (sorry TMI) it also seems to prick me and gets uncomfortable........but im worried also if i trim i will get the same prickly feeling that has happened in the past when ive trimmed up........

haha im sorry but that is way too much information.

Amstaff it really isnt a pleasant experience the first time so not sure you would want to wait until your nearly full term so why not go in as soon as you can. When booking make sure you tell them its your first one as naturally you will have more hair than getting it re-done so they might have to have a trim up first. Hair needs to be quite short, shorter it is the less it hurts!
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Italiah Italiah wrote:

You can get bikini trimmers from Farmers, in the small appliances section - by the hairdryers/straighteners etc.  I've had mine nearly 2 yrs and use it to trim everywhere.  Now I can't stand it when it gets too long, so trim up every few weeks.

Sorry, can't remember who asked about them.

Thanks Italiah, so you didnt get that prickly itchy thing going on?

Ive also heard after a brazillian that when it grows back its really itchy??

Sorry Inlove - but its TMI for me also and im just super glad its only something ive suffered from being preg and it wil go away and i will go back to having very little hair that doesnt need "weed control".......and i would put money on me not being the only one that suffers from it...........like all these lovely pregnancy things
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 8:16pm

I'm going for my bikini wax next week and I'll see how that goes and then book the full monty.

I'll try to get one or two in before I'm full term as well.

I'm pretty good with pain (got my whole back tattooed) but this is a different kind of pain.

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 9:16am
How much did it cost? (trying to find a good average cost) $45

How long did it take? I actually have no idea I never pay much attention. It always feels longer than it really is though lol. I'm sure no more than 15/20min

To what extent do they go? (I.E, do they go right to the...um...back?) I got a full Brazilian when I was 36 weeks pregnant with the twins I was due for my c/s the next week.

And how did you manage being pregnant? (I.E was it awkward getting into appropriate positions for the waxer?) I felt sick on my back but the place I went to had could elevate the back so I wasn't completely vertical. The lady doing it thought it was all hilarious because I was freakin HUGE!

How long did the hair take to grow back? 5-6 weeks

Was it worth it? Would you do it again for your next pregnancy? Absolutely I usually get it done anyway but stopped when I became pregnant. However I knew they would shave me for the c/s and I didn't want hair growing in the stitches plus what if I had a cute doc lol I don't want him seeing me all wild and untamed

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 5:08pm
Good luck!!!

BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 9:43am
I actually tried to do this myself once, and i mean myself, no professional waxer involved lol. it was a great idea with the top bit but then i put the wax and the strip a bit lower and sh*t did that hurt. but then it was uneven so i had to force myself to do the other side to even it up.
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 3:12pm
ROFL sounds like something I'd do. In fact I did it to my legs a few weeks ago. It didn't hurt on my legs but those home strips are never as good as a professional waxer and I ended up all patchy. Just climbed in the bath and shaved after that. LOL

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 3:38pm

Originally posted by Chickielou Chickielou wrote:

Thanks Italiah, so you didnt get that prickly itchy thing going on?

Ive also heard after a brazillian that when it grows back its really itchy??

Umm yeah, it can be a bit itchy after a couple of days when it gets to the prickly stage, but doesn't last long.  I would like to know if it comes back prickly after a wax too.  I've heard it doesn't???

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 4:02pm

I found it did come back itchy when it grew back after my first wax, but after that it was fine.

I stopped waxing when I got pregnant too and am scared its going to be really painful going back now - think I'll bite the bullet and do it anyway - feel so much nicer being hair-free in that  area

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 6:21pm
This was just what I needed to get my act together and book mine, which I just have.

I used to get it done all the time but stopped since pregnant. It's not nearly as painful as I thought it would be, but it still hurts.

Mine has never come back itchy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12