FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTravel insurance for ivf pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
areyouthereb145394 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote areyouthereb145394 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travel insurance for ivf pregnancy
    Posted: 26 May 2014 at 6:22pm
I am going away to Europe and to my surprise my latest cycle of ivf worked. We then realised the travel insurance only covers up until 20 weeks and won't cover for "pregnancies resulted from assisted reproduction"... Anyway after lots of research today I have found
Cover-more will cover up until 26weeks if you complete "pre-existing medical condition" form (and pay the associated premium)
Down-under insurance similarly adds a premium but will insure to 26 weeks for ivf.

No other company would insure me.
No company would do multiple pregnancies or ivf pregnancy beyond 26 weeks, nor would they cover "labour or care of a newborn".

Thought I'd share the outcome of my hours of research as we really are discriminated against here and before I found a viable option I was extremely stressed out (and want to avoid you people having to go through the same!)
Sponsored Links

Dominika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 6:09pm
Wow, that is truly disgusting.
miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 6:21pm
That's interesting - thank you! We're booked for our first IVF cycle in August and are booked to go to Fiji in October...we hadn't even thought about insurance being different ....

Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 7:48pm
Thanks for great info, I'm the same as missb and doing ivf now and have trip to oz booked for oct and would have never thought
I will be saving the info as I am feeling very positive!!!!
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 10:20pm
Hey areyouthereb! Good info, I'm not pregnant through ivf but am travelleing to Europe also. Ill be 21wks going and almost 24 coming back, how far along will you be when you travel?
Just interested to hear if you're doing anything in particular or taking anything special for the long flight? Have even told by midwife just drink plenty and walk around a lot and all should be fine!
Be good to hear if you have any other info :)
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 10:49pm
Hey guys I'm a travel agent and sell Cover more so please do PM me if you need travel insurance after IVF!

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
JaneSmith168072 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneSmith168072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 3:53pm
Hi Areyouthere, I had similar issues searching for ages to try and find cover. Nightmare. I ended up finding this article - i've copied and pasted the details below. Hope it helps!

http://www.travelinsurance.co.nz/travel-insurance-while-pregnant/

Columbus Direct cover until 30 weeks of pregnancy with an additional premium.

1Cover, Covermore and Downunder cover until 26 weeks of pregnancy. They both also cover for multiple pregnancies, or single pregnancies conceived through IVF.

State cover up until 24 weeks of pregnancy. They both also cover for multiple pregnancies, or single pregnancies conceived through IVF.

Webjet cover up until 23 weeks. They do NOT cover for multiple pregnancies, pregnancies conceived through IVF or pregnancy related complications.

Tower and SCTI cover until 20 weeks. They both also cover for multiple pregnancies, or single pregnancies conceived through IVF.
Jodion268545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodion268545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2021 at 9:59am
I would definitely never travel pregnant. This is very scary and dangerous. Until I find myself in this position, I try to just enjoy and travel constantly. In addition, now I have been traveling around America for several months and the only problem I encountered was the replacement of the russian passport, but thanks to one excellent site, I solved this problem through the Internet.
 Post Reply Post Reply