Fit for living
Time is precious and leaving the house can be challenging, but never fear - exercise and motherhood can comfortably co-exist! These ideas may solve your fitness frustration.
- Preggi Bellies Training for Two offers pregnant women a safe workout based on the latest research from physiotherapy and obstetric circles. It helps you feel great throughout pregnancy as well as priming the muscles needed for labour. ($49.95 from www.bellybeyond.co.nz)
- Nintendo now requires real action with their Wii Fit products. Your movements on the balance board control on-screen action, improving fitness and balance with more than 40 different activities.
(Nintendo Wii Fit Game and Board RRP $199.99, Wii Console RRP $499.99, both from Noel Leeming)
- Mums don't have much time for working out, but Weights Work for Women (Hamlyn $29.99) says it'll help you create a toned body in an hour a week.
- If the stereotypical gym scene is a little daunting, try Contours (www.contours.co.nz) - a health and fitness club exclusive to ladies, with a passion for women supporting women.
- The Core & the Floor DVD is the first New Zealand post-pregnancy exercise programme designed and endorsed by healthcare professionals. ($44.95 from www.filifit.co.nz)
- Fight "baby brain" with a regular workout for your grey matter. Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain? helps you stay sharp, focused and young. (Nintendo DS console and Dr Kawashima's Brain Training sold as a pack, RRP $227 from Dick Smith Electronics)