This paperweight says it all, and all you need is some salt dough and a hand full of stones!
You will need:
1 cup of salt
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup of water
1. Combine the flour and salt in a bowl, and add the water. Mix to a dough-like consistency, turn out onto a floured surface and knead. If it is too sticky, add a handful or two more of flour.
2. Still on a floured surface, grab a large handful of dough and form a ball with it.
3. Place ball on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press ball with the palm of your hand to make an oval shape, about 1.5cm in thickness.
4. Spell out "Dad Rocks" with the small stones.
5. Bake at 100 degrees celcius for about two and a half hours.
6. Once cooled, we painted ours with some glitter paint (optional). An acrylic sealer or clear coat sealer will help it keep, especially in humid conditions.
Published 24 August, 2012