Make your own gift tags for any occasion out of salt dough - a really easy recipe that children will love to lend a hand with.
You will need:
1 cup of salt
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup of water
1. Combine the flour and salt in a bowl, and add the water. Mix to a dough-like consistency, turn out onto a floured surface and knead. If it is too sticky, add a handful or two more of flour.
2. Still on a floured surface, roll dough to about a 1/2cm thickness.
3. Cut to desired shapes with cookie cutters.
4. Stamp each shape with letter stamps (we used some from Kikki.K) or form letters freehand. You can also get a patterned effect in the dough by rolling a doily or some old lace over the dough before you cut it. Use a straw to put a hole in each tag.
5. Place tags on baking paper on a baking tray, and bake at 100 degrees celsius for two hours. Turn shapes after one hour in the oven.
6. When cooled, thread with ribbon, twine or string and attach to gifts.