Clever, stylish designs that work well on more than one level give you extra space and ultimately save you cash.
1. Designed in France, the Kaloo Cot, in solid oak and white oak veneer, converts into a junior bed for when baby gets growing. Price: $999 from www.babydivine.co.nz.
2. Swedish design triumphs again with the Hesvik Change Table from Ikea that turns into a bookshelf, AU$249 from www.ikea.com.au.
3. The Flip toy, new from Wishbone New Zealand for $160, is both a ride-on and a rocker. Simply flip the wheel set. Go to www.wishbonedesign.com.
4. The 3D play rug is both a floor covering in polypropylene and playmat with 3D effects. Price: AU$160 from www.limetreekids.com.au.
5. A Step-up Stool with a handy storage compartment in the top step is a clever idea. Price: $39.99, from www.ezibuy.co.nz.
6. The Leander Change Table, AU$1099, converts into a desk once baby's out of nappies. Go to www.danishbydesign.com.au.
7. The funky Doodle Highchair, AU$289 from www.silvercross.com.au, converts into a table and chair for a child up to the age of five. Add-ons include four crayon cups and a basket.
8. De-clutter the kids' room with a Green Lullaby eco-friendly bench that's also a storage box, Price: AU$50 from www.blackeyedgreen.com.au. It's made from cardboard strong enough to seat an adult and child at the same time.
9. The Kaloo Change Table and Dresser matches the Kaloo Cot in solid oak and white oak veneer with a stylish space-saving idea. Price: $1499 from www.babydivine.co.nz.
10. On our wishlist is the Little Collection's Height Gauge Wardrobe with removable hooks outside and inside for coats, scarves and schoolbags. Made with renewable beechwood, this item comes from Paris (320 euros) and features a height chart for pre-schoolers
Published July 2011. Prices and stockists accurate at time of publication.