Moroccan diced lamb for each age & stage
This lightly spiced winter warmer can be prepared to suit all ages and stages.
• 500g lean diced Quality Mark lamb
• 1 Tbsp oil
• 1 onion, peeled and diced *
• ½ tsp ground cumin *
• ½ tsp paprika *
• 1 carrot, peeled and diced
• 12 dried apricots, diced
• 300g can chickpeas
• 1 cup reduced-salt beef stock or ½ tsp reduced-salt beef stock powder to 1 cup water
1. Pre-heat oven to 160· C.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan and brown diced lamb well. Place in a casserole dish.
3. Add the onion *, cumin * and paprika * to the pan and cook in the residue oil until lightly brown. Scatter over the lamb.
4. Add carrots, apricots, chickpeas (including liquid from the can) and stock. 5. Place casserole dish in oven and cook at 160 O C for approximately 1½ hours until the lamb is tender.
6. Serve with seasonal vegetables and mashed potato or couscous.
* Reduce the amount of these ingredients for babies around 6 months - see Smooth Stage below
Recipe from NZ Beef and Lamb brochure here.