Mustard Roast Beef for each age and stage
• 600 - 800g piece of lean Quality Mark beef such as whole sirloin, topside, bolar or chuck
• 2 Tbsp mild mustard
• 2 Tbsp oil
• 4 medium potatoes and/or kumara, peeled and quartered
• 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
• 2 leeks or other seasonal vegetables, cut into chunks
1. Place the beef on a rack in a roasting dish. Roast in a pre- heated oven at 180 O C for 45 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and spread the mustard over the top of the beef.
3. Toss the vegetables in the oil and scatter around the beef. Return to the oven for a further 45 minutes or until the meat is tender and the vegetables cooked. Remove from the oven and allow the meat to stand for 10 minutes before carving. Place the vegetables in the oven at 100 degrees C to keep warm.
4. Serve the roast beef thinly sliced with the vegetables
Recipe from NZ Beef and Lamb brochure here.