FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChewy Muesli Slice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chewy Muesli Slice
    Posted: 23 September 2010 at 8:32pm
I make this slice every week for DH and I, it would be great for the kids as well but we are too mean to share!

I saw Steve Joll ("the Bloke who bakes") make it on Good Morning

For an 18x28cm slice, 12-16 servings
125g butter
2 household tablespoons golden syrup
1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup standard (plain) flour
1 tsp baking powder
6 weetbix, crushed
1 cup coconut thread
11/2 cups dried fruit (we like sultanas or raisins, chopped dried apricots and dried cranberries) I usually use apricots, sultanas and dates. I sometimes chop up a little bit of apple and add that as well but it does make the bar softer
1/2 cups chocolate bits or chips
Preheat oven to 180degC.
Measure the butter, golden syrup and sugar into a large pot or microwave bowl and heat until the butter has melted (about 1 minute on High (100%) power). Stir to combine, then add the vanilla and egg and mix again.
Sift in the flour and baking powder, then add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly combined.
Line an 18x28cm tin with baking paper or a Teflon liner, then press the mixture evenly into this. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the centre feels about as firm as the edges (reduce the heat a little if the top browns too fast).
Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan and cooling completely on a rack. Cut into the desired sized pieces and store in an airtight container until required.
Lindsey

Sponsored Links

happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 9:51am
Yum!  I'll be giving this one a go for next week I think.  Thanks
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 12:06pm
ooh yum!
I love his site- have made a few of the recipes but not this one... yet!!

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 5:29pm
thank you
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2010 at 10:53am
Lindsey this is delicious!  I see why you don't share it with the children.  I had to dip into mine while still hot just to taste test.  Definitely one to go into my recipe book!
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 7:54pm
This is soooooo yummy!!!!

DP isnt 100% convinced he loves it, but i do lol!

Thanks so much for the recipe
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 10:05am
I made this last night and it's a hit! Thanks for the recipe
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 4:17pm
Oh no this is in the oven as I type and I tried the mixture (had to lick the pot lol) and it is a bit yum...think this could be a dangerous recipe! Only trouble is my choc chips melted, guess they might not do this if I melted the first things in the microwave!

Oct 11
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 9:27pm
Yum! Will add a few of those ingredients to the grocery list this week and give that a go.
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2010 at 10:03am
I have trouble rationing myself to one slice/piece a day! It is truely addictive
Lindsey

Post Reply Post Reply