FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWestie Walkers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Westie Walkers
    Posted: 12 October 2009 at 8:04pm
A couple of us have decided its time to get rid of our Mummy tummies and get fitter so we can run around after our toddlers without turning bright red

We are going to meet to go walking on a Tuesday and Thursday afternoon at 3pm (Tuesdays leaving from Henderson and Thursdays leaving from Massey).

The plan is to either meet at a park, go for a walk and end at the park so the kids can have a run around, or ensure the route has a park near the end of the loop so the kids can also burn off some steam.

Hopefully with a "group" it will be easier for some of us to get up and get outside!

Feel free to join us .. we would love to see you, just pm me for more details.

First walk starts this week (tomorrow). PM me if you want more details, its a great way to meet more Mums in your area!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Sponsored Links

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 9:50pm
Cool, hopefully will be in on Thursdays .. just not the next couple
Mum to two wee boys
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 8:54pm
We are leaving from the lower carpark of Waitakere Stadium tommorrow at 3pm if anyone else is interested.

(The one past the ticket offices on the Te Atatu end of the stadium)

Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 12:53pm
I should join you (8kgs to lose and all) but can't do this thur (mum here) or next tues (neices b'day) but will PM you for details next week. Jake is in daycare those two days, but thats good ... less weight to push in the buggy, cos I couldn't get it up a hill with them both in anyway! haha.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 11:19am
I'll be keen from December/January so will PM you for details closer to the time
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 1:04pm
ooh, what's the plan for tomorrow? same as last week, or meeting somewhere else?
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:12pm
Im in for today - 2:45-3pm trusts stadium lower carpark - anyone joining me?
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:21pm
I was going to say yes, me! But I'm a little bit worried I might melt in the rain (yes, I'm a big wimp!). I'll see how it is a bit closer to the time, but I can make Thursday this week, if you are planning to meet then also?
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:22pm
I can't lie I'm not too fond of the rain either lol but I am making myself go after sucha disaster of a weekend

ETA - and yes for Thursday! Hoping for sun!

Edited by alyxw
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:41pm
I just mapped out the route at the stadium on gmaps and it is 3.12 kms for anyone who wanted to know that
charlotteandhuntersmummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlotteandhuntersmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 8:03am
my two have their afternoon naps then and each day wake at different times but if anyone else wants to do it in the mornings please pm me, i would like to go nice and early as we have lots of kiddie activies on in the mornings also
. good luck ladies :) congrats you have more motivation than me lol
there is a good walk with a duck pond off summerland drive (i think its called that its by the school) it has a play ground and big grassy area for the kids to go wild i try to go there often as i walk then kids play.
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 8:10am
thanks for the reminder about the walk near summerland

sorry i didn't make it yesterday - i decided when it was still raining to go to the bobux factory instead....and then felt bad when the sun came out!

def on for tomorrow though
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 10:12am
lol blondy I didnt turn up either - our cleaner cancelled and it was just too cold and yucky to go! I am definitly on tomorrow too! And today to make up for yesterday lol
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 10:35am
Ooo Nikki (from the post higher up) wanted to go too, Alex could you pm her and give her the detaiils.

I will check with the physio tonight .. I walked the kids to dc this morning but it was really sore, and I dont want to hold you guys up!

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 2:52pm
Oh and in regard to the Summerland walk, they have closed off the track near the railway, so you can no longer do a loop.

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 11:26am
How's your knee doing LF? I'm guessing you won't be up for a walk today? Alex? The weather's looking okish atm, so I'll try and make it this arvo. Same meeting place at the stadium? 2.45-3pmish?

??question much??
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 11:38am
Im in - hope the wind goes away though lol

Im the one with the screaming toddler lol though I went 3k's yesterday and both passengers behaved brilliantly just no witnesses to prove it
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 12:31pm
Sorry no me physio said not a good idea just yet

Aprilfools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aprilfools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 3:43pm
Walking! Would love to join in if you guys have room for one more?
Alyx can you text or email me on Tuesday to remind me? I'm likely to forget.

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 10:06am
The more the merrier! I will remind you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>