FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked5AM MORNINGS!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rozi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rozi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5AM MORNINGS!!!!
    Posted: 04 July 2005 at 9:55pm
Oh Boy! So now I am so happy that my little cherub at nearly 8 months is sleeping through the night. We had to use some tough love there but it seems to have worked. So anyway he goes to sleep about 7.30-8pm and NOW he wakes up at 5am refreshed and roaring to go! Oh man! It is just so early. Any ideas on what I can do or is it just another one of those developmental stages that he is going through. Before all this he would wake between 3-4 and have some boobie and then sleep again until 7am or so! I know I know I just get happy that he is sleeping through the night but now there is the early morning. Even 6 would be better than 5am. Please ladies, any ideas. Should I put him back down, he screams bloody murder. I've resorted to puttin ghim back in his cot with toys, sometimes he wil last another half hour or so.... Thanks

Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:04am
We have the same problem Rozi. We end up taking him out of his cot, feeding him in between me and his dad, and then he usually sings to himself and falls asleep again...hopefully to rise at a more civilised hour. However, our darling child is still waking for at least one feed in the night.
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 8:01am
yep i try to put him down again. He may be ready to drop one of his daytime naps. So you may have a grizzly baby on your hands for a couple of days until he gets used to the new routine.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 9:41am
My cut off is 6am. If Hannah gets up before then she gets put back down after a feed.

Mmmmm... and I have no advice to give. Be strong! Good luck!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 10:53am
I'm such a mean mum, my cutoff is and always has been 7am. When she was younger if she woke before then I would turn her mobile on and leave her to it. As she got older she seemed to naturally adjust to waking around 7.30am and now she tends to wake around 6.30 but lies in bed and 'reads' to her 'friends' (soft toys).
I like Lizzles idea tho, it's what we do on weekends - maybe try putting bub in with you at 5am and that way you can at least grab a few more zzz's!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:13pm
i suppose you already tried putting him down later?
and is he waking up crying? if not i would leave him. sometimes they will amuse themselves for a while before they want any thing else.

Rozi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rozi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 1:44pm
He is ready for bed at 7.30 to 8pm anylater and he'd drive me nuts. By the time I hear him at 5am he is crying hard out. At night sometimes he cries but then settles again. So I only go into him when he is hard out crying and I usually find him sideways in the cot (I still use a safety sleep with him). I think I will just try putting him down again after the feed. If I put him in bed with us at 5am he will just wriggle and play an dnot settle again. He never has really been a big one for sleeping in our bed. He's too much of a wriggler and if you wriggle he wakes up and wants to play. Thanks for your advice. This morning he slept til 6.30am so I know he can do it. Wish me luck.

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 2:38pm
my cut off is 7 as well Emma

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 3:35pm
ok... so maybe i was being a bit too ambitious with 6am. maybe more like 6.30am! (and that is only if she is wide awake)
then again, she hasn't woken at that time for aaaaages... usually wakes at 3am and then sleeps through to 8am.

i'm going to do the tough love thing when i get back from fiji. too hard to do it when i'm sleeping in a hotel with a million of my family members. (ok... 10 family members)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 1:33am
well, nikki, you can do the tough love thing in Fiji and let someone else get up to her..hehe. The trick is to breathe regulary so they think you are asleep. Also moan a bit about needing some relaxation time and they'll feel too bad to "wake" you up.....works for me!
Rozi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rozi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 8:55am
Well I tried it this morning. He woke up at 5 I fed him and put him down and low and behold he went back to sleep then woke again at 5.30am roaring his head off. I just let him go for it. I thought to myself I'll get up to him at 6.30 but at like 6.28 he went back to sleep and slept thru till 8.20.... so here's hoping. I know when we did the tough love thing in the middle of the night it only took him a day to figure it out. So maybe he will figure this out as well!!!!!! I think I will make it 7 cut off as well though. Who wants to be awake at 6.30 heheheheheheh. So cheers you guys I'll keep you posted.

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 9:44am
Sounds like a great start!!

melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 12:48pm
We have always done the 7am thing. Had people at playcentre ask me how we ever did it as Angie won't get up until 7am EVER. She will quite often wake up about 6:30am to go the the toilet and will stay awake after that but will talk to herself in her bed.
We had a digital clock in her room and showed her the number 7 from when she was about 15months and it has worked great.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 9:57pm
I used to put Paris in with me and she'd go back to sleep - if i tried to put her back in her bed, she'd cry, or stay awake and play.

ha ha.. speaking of 5 am mornings.. both our little darlings decided to wake at 5.30 this morning.. that's usual for Ayja, and she obviously cried loud enough to wake Paris. anyways, neither of them went back to sleep.. so we got up and went to kmart toy sale at 7am. felt really crazy. but still at least we got all the stuff we wanted... am hella tired now though.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 1:47pm
Our cutoff time is 7am too. Anything before that and I would/will give a bottle or try and resettle Ella back to sleep.
Aimee
Ella - 5.5 years old!
Toby - nearly 3 years old!
darlinggirlk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinggirlk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 9:08pm
Wow, I didnt realise you were in Fiji Nikki!! Having fun i guess!!

My little bundle of hjoy was really good and started sleeping from 8pm - 7am and sum nights if she wouldnt go to sleep 10pm - 8am. But in the last week or so she has been really eratic!! For three nights she would sleep for 2hrs then from then on would wake every 15 - 25mins. Drove me insane!! Especially when my partner managed to sleep through it!!! Then over the weekend she was fine. Then she wanted a 3am feed and would give up till she got it. Then last night we were up at 1am, then 6am, then 7am. Growth Spurt?? I hope so, i think i will go insane if it doesnt stop soon.

We put her down in bed with us if she wakes to early on the weekends. And it works a treat. She is alot happier, and just lies watching her dad sleep and tries talking to him. Cute really

Kara
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 4:11pm
Men are great at sleeping through crying aren't they. Angie has had a cold the last few nights and so has been waking a bit with a cough and from losing her hanky....Andrew just sleeps through it. Great when I have to start work at 6am
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 1:17am
the secret is to kick them, and make it look like you're doing it in your sleep.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 8:28pm
the good thing is now mike wakes up - cos he got so used to having to get up to paris in the last weeks when i was preggy cos i couldn't get out of bed cos of the pain.
obviously his body learnt to wake him up when one of his kids cries. although if he doesn't - and paris ends up in our bed for some reason, he usually ends up waking up to paris with her arms around his neck, her nose pressed against his and eyes staring straight at him like a crazy - it's so funny - once, i woke up to her doing that to me - it scared the heck outta me!
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 1:12pm
lol lizzle!

I survived fiji, my little brother got into the habit of coming in at 7am and removing my little toad so that I could have another hour of sleep.

Back in wellington tomorrow and I'm going to make a few changes. Moving on to having food before breast and will try tough love on the night feeds! Han has been waking at 3am then 5.30am and finally up for good at 7am. I'm going to need a bit more sleep than that if I'm going to do well at uni this semester!!! (and I need to lift my grade average, so Hannah will conform!!!!!)

- Will let you guys know when new pics are on website. My sister's boyfriend took 500 pics!!!! 90% are of Hannah too! (Recieved the ultimate compliment from Gareth - "I hope my baby is exactly like Hannah" Quietly stoked )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>