FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Loss to help with pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight Loss to help with pregnancy
    Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:52pm
This thread is for people who want or need to lose weight to help them get pregnant. We can support each other here and hopefully our weight loss will result in BFPs.

Good luck everyone

Sponsored Links

blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:55pm
I'll start off. I have been told ot lose about 7kg (atleast) as I am having trouble getting pregnant. So far i have lost 0.5kg but I am not sure how long my motivation will continue. I really want to get a BFP and am getting impatient.

Good luck everyone

sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 7:05pm
Hi blonide23

I'll jump into this thread :)

Im hoping to lose at least 8kg before we get pregnant again. I need to lose a lot more once we have baby #2 and for a while I wanted to lose it before b#2 but ds2 is nearly 3 and we are both ready for the next one.

I'm playing netball this season and doing an extra training every week and I've been looking into starting Crossfit.

I've got all the weightwatchers books etc and might be going to my first meeting tomorrow.

blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:39pm
Welcome sweets. What's crossfit? Good luck in losing weight. How long do you think it will take you to lose the weight?

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and use wii fit plus. I used to use weight watchers but I am trying my fitness pal which is free and online. It counts calories but is basically the same principal as WW.

sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 7:48am

Hey Blondie

This is crossfit on you tube http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTTP8gsJPd0

If you could see me, you'd probably be wondering how I could do that but set your limit to your ability and aside from the extra weight I'm generally pretty fit and active. I'm starting in a few weeks with a guy from work who wants to lose weight too.

I would like to lose the 8kg in a couple of months, maybe a little sooner if I put more effort in.

Your exercise sounds great, what gym do you go to?  I have used my fitness pal as well and its awesome. I haven't tried meetings before, to be honest I've been to embarrassed to go but my cousin is in training to become a leader and she has convinced me to give it a go.

What timeframe are you looking at?

Goodluck to you as well

blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 5:56pm
Thanks for the link I couldn't open it on my iPhone so I'll try it later on the computer.
I go to snap fitness because it's cheap and is open when I want it to.
I hope to lose my weight by the end of term 3 so 10 weeks. (I'm a teacher )

Good luck at your meetings I found them quite good but their are too many parents at my one now.

sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 9:08pm
Haha blondie, that is funny & inconvienient.

We went to the lunch time meeting today, I was all nervous and excited, just to find out that they no longer have a lunch time meeting!! We were gutted. We both can't make it after work due to children and sport comittments so our only other option is to go at 9.30am on a Tues/Thurs and that is during work time so we'd have to suss something out there.

There aren't many gyms to choose from up here, but cheap and open at the right time sounds good to me.

I bought chicken breast, lean pork and snitchel today and divided them up into 100gram portions to help out with making quick and easy dinners etc. Need to get something for flavour though, I'm not very good with that.

Wondering if I should just jump on my fitness pal again and not worry about WW...
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 9:09pm
I have to laugh at the fact we are the only two who have posted in here yet there have been 125 views!!
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 11:04pm
Make that 131!

blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 11:07pm
I am going to I've it a go and it fitness pal doesn't work I'll try WW again. Good luck

sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 7:57am

I'm joining myfitnesspal right now. Talked to my friend who was going to come to WW and were going to give this a go first and have a weekly meeting with each other to talk about our progress etc.

my username is charlieb1990

Edited by sweets
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 10:01am
I just went to the doctor to request a sperm count test for DH and possibly BT for me. He has given us the details for the sperm count but said he wants to wait for a few more months before doing BT on me. He wants to see if my cycles will naturally become regular. He said that I certainly need to lose weight and not drink caffine (FA nurse told me the same thing). So it's wait to see what the test results, keep trying and lose weight.
Sweets I have added you on my fitness pal.

Radar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 2:35pm
I'll join you girls we are going to start trying next month but I do really need to lose some weight ASAP so thinking of a quick jump start - maybe shakes - optifast
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 3:54pm

I added ya Blondie :)

What is BT? Have you and DH been trying since December? (Ticker)

Hi Radar! Welcome. How much weight do you need to lose?

From what I have read/seen of shakes, infact any type of replacement diet the weight always seems to come back plus more!

blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 9:38pm
BT is blood test. Yeah we have been trying since December and really impatient. We really want it now.

Welcome radar I hope u have a successful weight loss. I agree sweets my doc told me to stay away from them and eat a healthy diet and exercise.

Pitter patter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pitter patter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 11:34pm

Hi guys,

We have been trying for number to for a while now-off BC since April last year and properly trying since September, think loosing some weight will likely help. Want to loose 10kg but will keep TTC while loosing weight. Went to zumba tonight and it was very funny and a great work out, don't know if I'll be able to keep going though due to lack of babysitters.

My little one starts kindy soon and I won't be working those 2 mornings so should be able to do some exercise in that time-am so excited about that!

TTC number 2 since April 2011
MC Nov 12
Formally Mamma2one
ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 11:37pm
Hello, I've been lurking lol.

I have serious weight to lose though, and really dont know when we will start trying for number two. Probably not til next year, so that gives me a good 5 months to get the ball rolling.

Am going to follow WW but wont be attending meetings...cant justify the cost!....even though it is for my health.

sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 8:46am

Hi Mumma2one and ooEvaoo, welcome and good luck :)

Mumma2one that is great you will be able to have a couple of mornings for exercise. I find its just to cold to get the push chair out at the moment but wondering if I just need to wrap DS1 up extra well and just get out there for 30 mins a day. I have a nearly 3 year old as well

ooEvaoo I know how you feel, I actually have quite a few kgs to lose as well and for the past year have wanted to drop 20-30kg before we try for number 2 but I have decided to just try for number 2 while losing weight and then lose it all afterward. We can be your weekly WW meeting 8-)

Blondie, can't believe I didn't figure out BT hehe. Are you still waiting to hear back about those?

Radar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 9:58am
Im the same as you sweets - really need to drop at least 15 kilos - but ultimately need to lose close to 30kg - YIKES
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 10:46am

It is daunting isn't it Radar, we will get there I'm sure.

This might sound stupid but I found out that aparently now if you get pregnant and your BMI is over 40 you have to go to the hospital for extra check ups with an OB.

So that is why I want to lose at least 8 kg because (yes this is a little embarassing) that will mean my BMI will be 39.

I've decided, if I did get pregnant now (BMI over 40) I'll try and find a MW that won't find my weight an issue. I was -4kg at the beginning of my last pregnany and everything was fine.

My MW for my first pregnancy wasn't supportive at all of my weight - even saying this makes me think that you all are imagining a 150kg woman haha - I'm not even 'that' big. Clothes wise I am a 18-20 and I'm not very short so I don't look humoungous but I just weigh heaps so I can see why she should be concerned - but she made me feel really bad about myself and looking back, I should never have gone with her.

So next pregnany, I'm going to find a MW that I feel comfortable with and I am going to state from the beginning what I am expecting. For all the first time mothers reading this, I urge you to do the same - even switch part way if your not feeling like it's going well. I sure wish I did.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>