FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWould like to meet mums in Orewa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Jackie1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackie1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would like to meet mums in Orewa
    Posted: 05 February 2011 at 10:32pm
Hi, My name is Jackie, I have recently come over from the UK and am staying with family in Orewa. I have two wonderful boys my eldest is 4 and my youngest is 2 I would like to meet some mums in the area and the boys would like to make some friends too. If anybody would like to meet please let me know.
Sponsored Links

StephanieColman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephanieColman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 10:59pm
Hi there,

Dont know if il be much use but im a 21 year old single mum to my 14 month old son, Hayden.

My mums parents live at Whangaparoa so we are often up there on the weekends and at Orewa- We live in west auckland. I know there is a playgroup for the younger children up at Whangaparoa if that might help you out.

Welcome to NZ!
Jackie1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackie1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 5:54pm
Hi, thanks for your reply, I am a bit lonly at the mo so any company would be great, can you give me the details of the playgroup. xx
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 7:24pm
Hiya! I've been in Orewa a year, and have found it very hard to meet "new" people..

I have a 3.5yr old and two school aged children, my son goes to daycare two days a week so we would love to catch up and his home days..there a couple of girls that live in Whangaparoa who have children around the same age.

There is wiggle and rhyme and story-time held at Orewa Library and also Whangaparoa library. There is also a toy library at the church on Centreway Road (costs $20 a term).

PM if you would like to catch up
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 10:15pm
Hi Jackie,
I live in Whangaparaoa and would be happy to meet up. I have a nearly 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. My girl is in Kindergarten 3 mornings (Mon, Wed, Fri) but we would be keen to meet up anytime she is not there :)

By the way Mel, do you have the number for the toy library? I have lost mine and want to go back on the waiting list

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 9:45am
No I don't S. I would suggest popping in there on a Thursday and speaking to the girls. My neighbour actually put me on the list..so have no idea what the number is.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 1:44pm
Im keen to meet up too, Im not free this week, but next thursday or friday would be great

I have a baby and an almost 3 year old girl, and I go to the plunket playgroup in orewa too Jackie, if you want to come along with me in a couple of weeks, my hubby is also english - maybe you would like to yell at the telly with him on sunday mornings - Im a football widow!
http://lilypie.com]
londonbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 7:57pm
Hi Jackie, I live in Stanmore Bay and have an english hubby so we have some stuff in common too! There is another thread on here where we are trying to arrange a meet up...the more the merrier :) Oh and Wriggle and Rhyme at the library (both Whanga and Orewa) is awesome...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 10:42pm
I put on the other thread next wednesday the 23rd at windsor park in mairangi bay at 10.30 maybe? if anyones keen to meet up

When is wriggle and rhyme Apriletta?
girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 6:22pm
Hi girls, I'm not in Orewa yet, but hope to move up in about 6wks all going well. Would be very keen to meet up, if you don't mind another tagger oner.
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 9:44pm
Hi Girlygirl - the more the merrier... Let us know when you get here
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2011 at 12:16pm
Sorry RJ, just realised I hadn't replied! Its at 11.30 am at Orewa and 10am at Whangaparaoa....my coffee group is going to the Orewa one this week :)

Oh and is anyone apart from RJ and myself keen for Windsor Park cafe Weds 23rd????
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2011 at 10:23pm
Sorry, I would have loved to meet up, but my little girl has Kindy Wednesday and finishs at 11.45 so i would run out of time. If anyone wants to meet up a little more local on another Wednesday morning I would be keen though :) The Esquires in Whangaparaoa does free fluffies for the kids ;)

Edited by Mama2two

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2011 at 3:10pm
Yes, I agree about Esquires in Whangaparaoa. We go there loads and the staff are really friendly! How about a meet up there next Weds 2 March?
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2011 at 3:53pm
Sounds great to me. What time suits? I can do anytime between 9am - 11.30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2011 at 9:34pm
Heya, got your message April , Np chic . I cant do places that arent toddler friendly - Milla would run riot! But thats ok
The airfield is having an open day this sunday - we are going for a picnic - would love for anyone who wants to to join us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 6:54pm
I have seen toddlers there before if you change your mind and and want to brave it RJ!!! :) Shall we say 10amish???
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 11:41pm
10am suits me :) I will be there :) Red Phil & teds Buggy - Cutest 15 month old in the world - easy to spot

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 11:43pm
Raspberry Jam, we could arrange to meet up at the Kids Republic sometime if you are interested? Means not having to worry about the runners - I totally sympathise by the way. My 3 year old used to be terrible for it!

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:08pm
Oh I'm keen to come on Wednesday Himself is getting very restless on the days he's not at daycare
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>