FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow much does childcare cost?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 2:31pm
Does in home care, qualify for the free 20 hours?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 6:51pm
Yes under PORSE it does qualify for the free 20 hours
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 6:38am
but isnt the free hours just over three - how are the other kids getting funding too - like Kaia - or are u guys on DPB?

just want to clarify this as people tend to rely on comments in here - and shirena wants info for her friend she can use.

BTW shirena i found there was no real waiting lists - everyone said there was but minute i said i wanted to reserve a place and asked for a form there was suddenly no waiting - for a full timer (there was for a parttimer)
AuntieSarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 8:23am
The income levels for WINZ subsidies recently went up too so quite a few people qualify for them to get some or all of their childcare fees paid.

Btw I work in childcare in Hastings and our fees have gone up to $150 - and are $90 for kids getting 20 free hours.

As for waiting lists depends where you are - in Wellington I would have said to ring about a year in advance! Here there's no need, a couple of months is usually enough.
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 9:27am
Um, ours costs so little cause we qualify for 20 free hours for Quinn. They are at the uni daycare which is cheaper than usual anyway from what I can figure ($175 for a full week?) and 'cause I am studying we get more help for childcare from WINZ. I have no idea why it is only 0.66 and am not convinced that it is right, but have asked many times and tey say it is!
Anna

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 10:59am
Im pretty sure Porse is under three
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 11:08am
Childcare subsidy is available for all kids up to 5 and some over 5 but is income tested.

Free 20 hours is for 3 and 4 year olds.
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 1:29pm
yeah thanks for clarifying = cause otherwise people think hey how do they get it so cheap without knowing the full story...

and new immigrants may not (unlikely to) qualify for winz subsidies and the like....

I do know that the staff at SILs daycare can have immed family kids there for $5 a day - oh gee shame hers isnt closer to us!
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 5:57pm
If you have a workvisa for longer than 2 years or it is the second time you have one which will push you over 2 years you can get the 20 hours and all the "freebies" that other NZ'landers get.

But you only get assistance once you are a resident. Like tax credits and all that stuff.

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2007 at 8:27am
I just checked a newsletter fom Porse head office and it has a picture of a child under three years of age advertising that Porse has the 20 free ece hours
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12