FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBanana cake-dairy/egg free please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banana cake-dairy/egg free please!
    Posted: 12 September 2007 at 10:00am
Got a bunch of squashy bananas and would love to turn them into a yummy cake (put into muffin tins) that Isla can enjoy too!
Would really appreciate it if someone has an egg and dairy free banana cake recipe- not muffins, Im a USELESS muffin maker!
TIA
Sponsored Links

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 10:14am
I have lent someone my copy of all the allergy recipes, sorry. But if you have a normal banana cake recipe, you could try substituting the butter for dairy-free marg, milk for soy or rice or made up formula, and the eggs with Orgran powder. Usually works out fine.

Good luck.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 10:33am
Oh cool thanks. Havent heard of that orgran stuff. Can u get it at the supermarket? The choc cake recipe I use has vinegar and oil instead of eggs and butter.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 11:39am
I've got one here somewhere, will try and find it, it uses oil instead of eggs.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 11:42am
Ingredients:

2 cups plain flour
3/4 Cup Brown sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1 3/4 Cups mashed banana (2-3 bananas)
1/2 Cup oil
1/2 Cup rice milk

Directions
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda
Mix banana and oil together
Add banana mixture to dry ingredients
Stir in sufficient rice/soy milk to create a just-moist mixture
Divide between 2 x 20cm cake tins or patty pans and bake for 20-25 mins
Ice it using “milkfree” margarine mixed with cocoa powder and icing sugar.

You can make it with pepti too and it works fine, but it does taste a bit like pepti, with rice milk you can't even tell the difference from normal banana cake.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 1:00pm
They dont have it at our new World but it is at health food shops.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 9:45am

I found some at a hippy health food shop.  Let me know if you can't get any and I'll pick you up a pack.  I used it in the Edmonds banana cake recipe... and rice milk instead of normal milk.  Would've tasted fine if it weren't for the rice flour instead of regular flour, but hey, Ella didn't care too much! 

Andie
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 9:58am
The recipe above, from Emma was yum!!,....except the container I kept them in wasnt as airtight as I thought,...and they got eaten by ants
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 10:00am
I now want a recipe that I can make tiny cakes like u had at the paint party andie! They looked soooo cute,..I wanna make some for Isla's party! Wonder if I could make banan cake and just put it into tiny cup cake thingys? I have no clue!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:19pm
Yep, just use that recipe in the cupcakes. I have made little cakes instead of muffins before.

I made the yummiest choc cake last week - better than a normal one, but I think that was cos of the 1/2 cup of cocoa! Oh and rice milk makes way yummier baking than soy milk I have discovered (except for fudge, and then soy is better).
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
 Post Reply Post Reply