FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 802>
Author
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 7:15pm
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT - you live in Glen Eden Manz and have never been to Hardware Cafe? it's just round the corner in Titirangi...you HAVEN'T lived - best coffee in auckland man!! speaking of coffee i have just been told by plunket to stear clear of it while breastfeeding... chloe is generally up from 10am through to 9pm and it appears coffee is the culprit. i'm absolutely gutted as that is the one thing i look forward to EVERY morning ... we can always go for hot chocolate instead though.

Gabeden, basically Chloe was the only other name i liked that DH didn't have on his list nor did i have on my list (i refused to go with anything he suggested because he turned his nose up at everything i suggested) and when he saw the tears streaming down my face due to the fact our bub still didn't have a name a week later he knew he had no choice but to bite the bullet and just run with 'chloe'. sheesh i dread the day we name our next one haha

oh yeah, babies have strangers walking up to you left right and centre - especially cute little old ladies. and i find everyone is so much more curteous it's fantastic!
Sponsored Links

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 7:24pm
monster, i'm a freakin expert on thrush - actually on mastitis, cracked and bleeding nipples THE WORKS... had such bad luck with breastfeeding in the beginning it was awful. anyway the best NATURAL remedy (and this may be difficult depending on your outdoor surroundings) is to get your boob out in the sun for a bit. yeast hate it as they thrive in moist conditions and therefore the sunlight will dry it all up. oh and make sure you change your breastpads frequently. you will probably have to treat bubs too... i just smeared oral daktarin (unfortunatley not natural) around Chloe's tounge, gums and lips with a cotton bud. it won't harm your little man.
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 8:13pm
Luckily I'm not big on coffee, drank far too much when in my teens, so hardly touch it now. But I will meet you for hot choccy! I'm not BF anymore, so can have whatever I like Will PM you and we can sort it out...

Monster, not good you have thrush, no wonder they don't tell you half the things that can happen to you until after you get PG ay! Hope it clears up soon. I remember some of the others talking about the Daktarin for it.

I cannot believe the amount of people who stop you to look at your baby and even want to give advice! I have had people let me in front of them in queues because I was carrying a capsule - fabulous! I got a bit testy when Mikayla wouldn't settle in her buggy so was carrying her in the supermarket, using the buggy as a trolley and an old lady told me that the shopping was where the baby should be - told her that would be fine if the baby would go in the f'n buggy and stormed off! poor old duck, was the last in a long line of people wanting to look at baby or put in their 2 cents worth and I'd had an hour of trying to settle her and was at my wits end!!

Edited by manz
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 9:11pm
Well I'm still waiting for our 12 week check through Plunket..My Plunket nurse said she would contact me on the 14th of Jan when the local rooms opened up again but it's now 4 days later and STILL she hasn't rung to confirm an appointment of any kind Maybe I'll take Keziah up there tomorrow and see if she can have her 12 week check then.. then I can book her in for her next round of jabs (not looking forward to them at all
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 9:21pm

I would love to meet you guys up at Hardware Cafe for coffee / hot choccie - can I gatecrash?

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 10:10pm
I'd love to meet up with everyone too, but I don't have a car at the moment
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 10:29pm
Decaf is pretty good - still tastes like the real deal!

We got some oral Daktarin for Eden as I had thrush. We were warned by the Plunket Family centre staff that some pharmacies will not give it if they know your child is less than 6 months (I think) so you might need to tell a wee white one
Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 10:36pm
The more the merrier, SimSam, would be great to see you & Ollie again! Hoping Monday ok with Asset, I just have to see what time I can get appt with doc for exzema check and work around that...
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 10:47pm
lurking....

Just wanted to say Hi to all the October mums!! WOW time has gone fast! I doesn't seem like long ago we were all moaning because we wanted our babies out!! he he
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 11:34pm
Lol, Manz, good on you for saying so. Supermarkets are the worst. I always get held up by someone with their nose in the buggy. I'm getting used to it but it's a bit of a pain especially when I'm in a hurry.

Joy is named after my favourite aunty. We were very close but she died about 3 years ago of cancer. I miss her heaps.

DH goes back to work on Monday . What will I do without my helper???
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 11:35pm
Oh yeah, I'm also toiling with the idea of giving up BF/expressing...I don't want to give it up but I am beginning to loathe having to do it.
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 9:29am
I am thinking I would like to gate crash too if that is ok? Can the Hardware cafe cope with lots of mums, bubs and push chairs?
Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 9:54am

Manz - just let me know what time!
Neeks - I can offer a ride if you have a carseat? I am in Sandringham and its no bother for me to shoot over to Pt Chev to pick you & Keziah up! Just let me know!

The little one was quite unsettled yesterday after his jabs, but still managed to sleep until 6am this morning so thats great! We seem to have got into the routine of a very early morning wake up (ie somewhere between 5-6.30) and if we feed him quickly and quietly (like a night feed) he will go back down until 8.30ish!! This morning he went back down after that one at 9 - poor little thing must be really tired!! I think its great - I have actually managed to stick 2 loads of washing on!!

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:35am
Well it's my turn to have bfing issues!!!
The last couple of days it has been a struggle to get Eva to take the breast and this morning she refused outright (dispite feeding well during the night). I'm not sure if my supply is down or what. She won't take a bottle either. I don't no why she's striking and what to do about it. Any advice appreciated!!!

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:49am
hi ya... hardware is a rather tight squeeze for mums n pushchairs so could always go to barossa, takahe or cafe boss a couple of meters away from hardware. we're looking at monday coming and just waiting to hear back from manz as to what time she can book her little mikayla into the dr's.
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:50am
Okay ladies, I'm booked at the doc at 10.15, so shall we make it 11am at the Hardware Cafe? I may be a bit after that - depending on how long I have to wait for the doc, but he's usually pretty good.

Sunnyhoney, my DH asked last night if I still miss BF and I had to say I do miss it sometimes, but I don't miss the drama that went with it, and we do have a much happier baby these days! Lucky you having DH around for so long - I'm looking forward to tomorrow as hopefully he will give her her early feed and I can sleep in!! I get a sleep in one morning and he gets it the next - yay bottle!

We've got into a nice routine of Mikayla going down for a sleep after her 7.30-8am ish feed now, which is great as I'm able to do pilates & get washing etc done. Off to shower & hopefully vacuum before she wakes again

Kabe, maybe Eva thinks she should be having cake for her 3mth b'day?? sorry, can't really help, all I can do is tell you what my doc said and that is that they won't starve themselves and just keep offering - good luck!
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:54am
Looks like we posted at almost same time - Hardware or any other cafe, Asset, you prob know as to which would fit us best?
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 11:36am
Poor Monster, hope the thrush goes away soon! At least the sun is out today, you can walk around your back yard topless LOL

Kabe, when was the last time you feed Eva, could it be that she's not hungry? Like Manz said, keep offering her the boobie, she should eventually take it, otherwise give Plunket Helpline a call, they might be able to suggest something.

Well, I went out for dinner last night with some girls I meet for coffee (without DH or baby!!!). I left nice easy instructions for DH (as it was his first time feeding/changing and putting back to bed all by himself), I had expressed enough BM and make up heaps of formula. I had a lovely time at dinner and got home about 10.15 to find Rex still up (his bedtime is normally 9.30) watching tv with DH (and some of DH's friends) DH decided to let Rex sleep for as long as he wanted to (I normally wake him up at 8.30 so he doesn't have his 'big' sleep early). But after I changed and then topped Rex up with BM, put him to bed, he almost slept for 6 hours straight (he hasn't done that for a very long time!!!). Maybe DH should look after him more often!!!

Babies do certainly attract attention...I just hate it when people touch his face and ask stupid questions about is he a boy or a girl (so when does a baby girl wear camo or blue????)!
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 12:13pm
Lol Nikki, same the stupid questions - since when does a mum dress a boy up in pink with a pink blankie and take him out - that would just be cruel!! DH sounds like he did very well with Rex - I'm so glad we are in the generation of 'hands on' dad's - mine didn't ever even change my nappy!!
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 1:07pm
I'm back from the dreaded jabs... Tala took it pretty well, had a feed and then chirped up a bit. Needed lots of cuddles, but eventually let me put him back in the buggy and he fell asleep on the way home. He's still sleeping now, so hasn't any pamol. I think I'll give him some when he wakes up as last time he had a meltdown in the afternoon.

As for thrush, I'm not so sure now. The feed after that one was intense - pain-wise, but today it has been all good. The whiteness has gone too. I did spend a bit of time last night looking glamorous, walking around with one boob hanging out to give it some air - maybe that helped. I'm just counting myself very lucky for now.

Nikki - I'm pleased you had a good time out last night - it's good to know you can have a bit of freedom whenever you want!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 802>