FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 802>
Author
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 12:21pm
hey gabeden. yes the perseverence caused me many tears and infact the only reason i didn't switch to formula was because i am too lazy....
breastfeeding is overated anyway so no need to feel guilty. i've heard a few people say now who have had 2 babies - one formula fed and the other breastfeed - that the breastfeed one has heaps of allergies etc.. whereas the formula fed one has had absolutely nothing...strange but true.
Sponsored Links

manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 2:49pm
Kabe, Eva is sooo cute!! She looks like she's grown heaps from when I last saw her, we have to meet up again soon!

Neeks, I think it was SimSam who offered a lift....I'm more than happy to give you a lift, if she can't, but we will have to make our meeting about 12, as I'm at the docs in Green Bay at 10:15 - just let me know

Here's a pic of my girl in her sunhat & glasses - she's not overly keen on the glasses yet, but am hoping that she'll get used to them quickly while young...
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 4:28pm
HA, sorry Manz I thought I got you mixed up Damn mummy brain
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 7:05pm

No worries Neeks - am fine to give you a ride, just PM your address etc and I will pick you up about 10.40ish. I know Pt Chev pretty well, so shouldnt be an issue to find you!

Am looking forward to catching up with everyone!

manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 7:33pm
Nikki, I must say your DH is very lucky not to have changed a nappy yet! I think my DH was the first one of us to change Mikayla in the hospital and he was the first (and only one, so far) to get projectile poo up his arm while changing her! hehehe He's getting pretty good with the cloth nappies, I know he didn't like them in the beginning as not as easy as just putting in a plastic bag, but we've got a good routine going now and I'm think they're better for her skin than disposables, but will check with the doc on Monday as her poor bottom is still pretty red luckily it really doesn't seem to be bothering her. She's pretty smiley most of the time and really chatty!!

Definately looking forward to Monday! I have Asset's mob # incase I get held up at the docs, otherwise I will see you all at 11am outside the ASB...
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 8:49pm
Manz - the sunnies look great, where did you get them from? Mikayla looks ready for the sun and fun!
Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 9:00pm

Jessica has some sunnies and we got them from pumpkin patch gabeden maddy and her have the same kind and they both look so cute its good to get them started early manz Madison won't go outside now with out her hat and sunnies.

Kalem 6!
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 9:14pm
That's a really good idea to get them started early!

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 9:23pm
We've been looking everywhere for a hat for Miss K.. we bought her one from a shop in town but it's waaaaay to big LOL it's like a gazebo for her head

Might go to T & T next week because I'd like to get her a rash suit for swimming in too

YAY can't wait for Monday Will be cool to put a face to the names

Edited by Neeks
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 9:58pm
Neeks we got a cool one from baby city last week if thats any help

Kalem 6!
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 10:39pm
Ohhh, I'm so there!! Thanks for that
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 10:48pm
Gabaden, we got the sunnies as a pressie from a friend, she got them from Pumpkin Patch - they are sooo cute! They have a strap that wraps around their head, so they stay on pretty well.

Neeks, we got her hat at T&T in Henderson for $3.50 in their sale! Had got another one the week before, but like the one you got for Miss K, was like a gazebo! Silly how hard it is to find a sunhat for wee babe, as they need protection too! I can't use any sunscreen either, so it's all about clothing & shade - she doesn't go outside much, but to/from the car and the sun is so bright the glasses help - and look so cool!

Man, 10:45 Saturday night and I'm ready for bed, how things have changed!
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 11:07pm
I noticed JK also have a whole bunch of sunhats and I think Baby factory have some too!!

Sounds like you have lots to choose from Neeks

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 12:12pm

I am thinking of getting Ollie some of these:

http://www.babybanz.co.nz/ I think they are so cute!

We got hats from Pumpkin Patch and from T&T ....we got given a really cool one as a gift, but its not going to fit him until next summer its so big!

Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 1:18pm
When we woke this morning Eden was lying sideways in her cot. It was so funny I usually wake to her smiling face, this morning it was the top of her head but she was sooo cold, this posses new problems for us!!.

Edited by Gabeden

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 2:00pm
Thanks ladies, damned weather is annoying at the moment.. can't go out in the car (it's broken) and we walk somewhere (like St Lukes for example) and Miss K gets too hot in the stroller so she packs a sad making the trip a nightmare until she gets a feed..

Keziah packed the biggest sad about an hour ago, she was tired, grumpy and hungry all in one...she was a whole 15 minutes past her normal feed time (preparation for a nap) so she decided to throw a HUGE tantrum while Lucretia (Miss 10 step daughter) was playing with her in the bouncinette
My baby likes routine!!! She's her fathers child for sure LOL
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 2:26pm
SimSam, they are the same as the ones we have for Mikayla, so cute! Now I want one of the cases they have - the pink cat looks pretty cool!

Gabeden, eeek, I was thinking about that sort of thing today, as Mikayla was nearly rolling over while have some 'naked baby' time!

Needs, Mikayla doesn't seem to know if she's hungry or tired at the moment, she's very grumpy, but only having small snacks and power naps, no decent sleep since she bunked in with me for a couple of hours this morning!

Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 2:38pm
I had a milk blister a few weeks ago - terribly painful...so sympathise with those that have had them too. Unfortunately I have to agree that sometimes I feel BF is way over-rated too! It does have its advantages sometimes....as I'm sure formula does tooo....this mummy stuff can be a real challenge heh!!!

Ella can also throw some good tantrums....just like I did as a child! So I try to be as patient as I can...knowing I didn't throw tantrums just for the sake of it....usually due to tiredness I guess...but sometimes it does test the patience!!!

PS Ella is now sleeping 6:30pm till 4:30am....yay....not far till its right through the night....!!! :)
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 3:15pm
Wow, Salifer, that's 10 hours! That's awesome!! I have been told that babies this age don't throw tantrums for nothing, but sometimes I recon Mikayla cries just cause she can! She's sleeping now, even tho she was trying to tell us she wasn't tired. Everything goes to the dogs over the weekend, I think it's because DH insists on making her small feeds so she doesn't waste them, but I make her big feeds and end up getting her to take it all....He frustrates me sometimes, but I can't tell him what to do, even tho it works for me during the week!!

Edited by manz
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Salifer Salifer wrote:

PS Ella is now sleeping 6:30pm till 4:30am....yay....not far till its right through the night....!!! :)

Well done Ella!!!

Whats your secret??? Have you done anything differently to get Ella to sleep for so long?
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 802>