FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 802>
Author
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:33pm

Evelyn you have to do whats best for you and baby

Jessicas a bottle baby

Kalem 6!
Sponsored Links

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:44pm
Babyg, it sounds like you've made the best decision for you and Carys. Well done for persevering for so long through all the discomfort!!

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:57pm

Good effort Ev - Carys has had a good start on bm and will be sweet as on formula. Well done
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 10:04pm
Miss K will be a bottle baby in a few weeks too!! I've had so many problems with my boobs it's not funny anymore (not that it was funny to start with ) I have gone through alot (Mastitis, Milk Blisters/Blebs and Over Supply etc) so I gave myself till Miss Keziah was 3 months old so that she got the best start.. Whoever told me that breastfeeding was easy needs to be shot
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 11:14pm
Kabe yup I'm definately feeding more often at the moment - Blair starts crying and grizzling and I look at him thinking you can't be ready for another feed again - it was only a couple of hours ago - but put him on and he gobbles away like it was days instead of hours off.

Babyg, I know you had a rough time with BF, at the end of the day happy Mum happy Bub.

Another day of little day sleeps - I think it's the heat, and despite the windows all being open and both doors and the fan on at times Blair still feels the heat - I've even ended up pushing bedtime back to when its a little cooler.

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 11:54pm
Well done for perservering Ev, Mikayla has been fully bottle fed now since just after Xmas. You have given her a great start! I know what you mean, in the first month after having M I was having bonding issues, I think because of the c-section and she was rather unsettled, which the doc said was partly because she was picking up my stress, once we worked that out (and I started healing as had an infection) things have been heaps better! She was so great tonight, her rash is starting to go down and is a much happier baby!

I totally agree with your comments about single Mum’s! I’ve enjoyed having DH here to assist for the last couple of days, it’s nice to have someone around to share the load!! He’s great……

Kabe, we definitely have to have another catch up soon, all our babies will have grown so much! Auckland ladies, I’m happy to host, if you ‘re happy to come to Glen Eden – otherwise is there somewhere more central you would like to meet up?

Neeks, Mikayla is getting bald patches from having cradle cap (as I brush out the loose skin heaps of hair comes with it!) and sleeping on one side, am trying to get her to sleep on the other side with the safe t sleep. I taught her to poke out her tongue too, some people say her tongue-tie needs to be cut, the doctors say it don't, so I want her to poke out her tongue at the next person who tells her it needs to be cut!

Another long sleep in this morning (DH got up and did the early feed and I slept until 10:30! Still wide awake but have to go to bed as he’s at work tomorrow so the morning’s are back to me!

TB jab tomorrow

Edited by manz
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 6:18am
I hate cradle cap madison had it bad as a baby and she hardly had any hair at first and found if i used abit of baby oil  on it over night not as much hair would fall out i wanted to protect as little hair she had lol jessica has a few patches but she has heaps of hair so i just leave it but her hair is falling out heaps lately and im having to change her sheets every second day.

Kalem 6!
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:42am

Welcome to the bottle baby club!!! I dont feel like the only one anymore - thanks!!

Ollie has a bit of cradle cap too, I have been putting almond oil on it and using a very soft hairbrush to loosen the flakes off (he doesnt have much hair so glad I can use it for something!!). It seems to be getting a bit better.

Am really keen for a catch up soon  - now DH has gone back to work (today) I will be trying to get back into some sort of normal routine!

Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 8:57am
Having a bottle fed baby does feel like a very lonely place - it is a tough decision to make to bring baby off the breast, but welcome to the club!

EllenMumof2 - perhaps you could start another thread under mums meet up to start up a coffee group in Wanganui. I have done it for Auckland central - we have met once and are set to do so again this Wednesday.

For those who would like to come along we are meeting at Lynmall 10.30 on Wednesday outside the number one shoe shop. There are some October babies Mums coming I think.
Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:03am
Good on you babyg for being honest with yourself, you have given BF you best shot!

kabe I am feel like i am forever feeding Lauren at the moment. I feel it might be a combination of both a growth spurt and thirst. I feel like I am forever sitting on the couch getting nothing done!

Lauren made the transition to her cot before Xmas and slept the very first night 9pm till 5am, and has pretty much ever since!

Lauren has lost hair on the back of her head where she turns her head on the bed! Its like friction burnt!

I am keen for a ctach up, where and when?   My house is available too!
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:23am
Well my little monster has been sucking me dry in the evenings, so we tried a bottle of EBM the last 2 nights and it is great! There is no way I could have satisfied him last night by myself - instead with the bottle he drank 60ml had a topup off me and went to bed at 7pm - has never gone down that early! Then he woke at 4am and after a feed slept through to 8am...

Am going to investigate a formula topup at night to get him full and down to bed...

Good on ya babyg, am sure it was a big decision for you. Be happy and know what you are doing is best for you and Carys
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:38am
Thanks for all the positive words guys, very much appreciated. Boobs are feeling semi-normal this morning so very happy!

Neeks - is your blister not getting any better? Big hugs to you, you too have done an amazing job of getting to this point!

Oh, man - i want to meet up!!!! Sucks that there are no other mums very close to me. Would be possible to get to Wanganui if i had a car! I will just have to enjoy chatting with you all on here. Lucky there is another NP mum in my old thread (Nov mums) so we can meet up occasionally.

Carys gets a little bit of cap as well, but also has loads of hair so we just leave it.

Went down to the beach yesterday to see the oz kayakers arrive, was such a neat atmosphere - heaps of babies and little kiddies (looked like a daycare playground!) Carys is so good whenever we are out, just sleeps the whole time (ruins the routine though).

Must pop some more photos in the gallery today, does everyone else forget to take lots of photos of their baby? I feel like we will get to a year old and hardly have anything but memories
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:30am
where is the gallery?
Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:31am
Gabeden - you have to have 100posts to view the gallery. You'll have to get typing!!
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:44am
Originally posted by babyg babyg wrote:

Gabeden - you have to have 100posts to view the gallery. You'll have to get typing!!

Either that or we'll start asking heaps of questions that you need to answer individually

eg vegemite or marmite?

Edited by MonicaMouse

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:58am
Wow, theres been heaps of goss in here lately

Firstly, congratulations (is that the right word to use??) Babyg for doing what is right for you and bubs I can imagine that it would be an extremely hard decision to make. By the sounds of things, you certainly gave it a good go...just think, no more pain!!!!

Simsam, I haven't heard about the Rotovirus injection, I might have to do a little bit of research on that.

Manz, Mikayla is such a cutie Funny about the party trick! Rex has really tried to get his fist in, but hasn't managed it yet. Good luck with the TB jab today.

Ellen, what does a bumbo seat look like?

Picked up the high chair I brought off Trademe (for $10) and its primo I'm going to give it a good wash today so then my niece can use it whenever she comes around.

Well, I finally got out my baby photos and old plunket book last night (they were packed away in the roof!). And I'm pleased to say that Rex looks a lot like me as a baby I also read that I was feed solids from 5 weeks Seems far too young!

Would the Welly girls be keen to meet up one day? We can meet at my place if you want.

Edited by NikkiB
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 11:15am
NikkiB - I'd be keen to meet up one day. Especially now that the holiday season has come and gone - things are slowly returning to normal.

BabyG - well done on deciding what's best for you and bubs! I hope the transition goes smoothly for you both. And no worries here on the photo front - I've gone nuts! Although, it has settled down a little lately.

Kabe - it's not as tropical in wgtn as it is up there I'm sure, but when it's been warmer here I've definitely been feeding Tala more frquently - I don't think he's had a growth spurt because the heat means he's been filling up enough!

Manz - Mikayla is lovely! What a sweetie.

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 11:24am
Monster, where abouts do you live? We could meet half way if you don't want to come around here. PM me if you want
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 11:33am

I'd be keen for a Welly catch up - I'm not officially an Oct mummy! I'm finding this thread v useful as Anyssa is one of the oldest Nov bubs!
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 12:06pm
Manz, I love Mikayla's tweety shirt too! I'm so tempted to ask where you got it but alas, I have no $$ and Joy has far too many clothes for a person her age anyway.

My house is available for a catch up too, maybe we could take turns
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 802>