FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 802>
Author
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:08pm

Nikki - the rotovirus vaccine is given orally, if you want to PM me your email address I can send you the info that our paediatrician gave us. Our GP has to order it in, so might be worth asking in advance if you are interested in getting it done. We thought pretty hard about it, and although its not a life threatening illness (often) it is so common in babies and toddlers that we thought it was worth getting the immunisation to avoid it if possible.

I cant make Weds at LynnMall - I have just organised to take Ollie for a trial swimming lesson on Weds morning. I know its early but the Hilton Brown people run classes for babies as young as 3 mths, so thought I would give it a go. It gets me out and about as well, so am quite looking forward to it. But am really keen to catch up some other time - maybe we should start a roster of the Auckland mummies houses, maybe a regular thing like the last Friday of everymonth or something like that. If you want me to whip up a little schedule (can you tell I used to be a project manager?) just PM me your address / email address and I will organise.

Sponsored Links

EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:16pm

Simsam thats really interesting about that virus had never heard of it before. I have taken jessica swiming now once a week such she was 8 weeks old and she loves it at our local pools our family are big swimmers and both kalem and madison are doing swiming lessons during school terms. my 6 year old swims better lengths than me

Nikki will take a photo of jessica in the bumbo today when she wakes up and post it tonight for you

Kalem 6!
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:22pm
How much do they charge for lessons, SimSam?
I heard on TV that it's good to start early to get them used to the water...
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:29pm
I think thats so true i have started all my 3 early sunny its a life skill they have to learn

Kalem 6!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:39pm

We are going through Hilton Brown which I dont think are the cheapest around - I am going to the one at Mt Roskill Aquasports (so close to you!) I think its $60 a month which seems a bit steep...will let you know what I think!

Am going to put together a wee roster for auckland mummies meet ups - if you are keen PM me and just let me know what day suits best (I was thinking of something like...last friday of every month or something similar - let me know if you want to do it fortnightly?)

Ollie has a bumbo too - he isnt that keen on it though, but here is a very funny pic of him in it:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:44pm

Ellen - rotovirus is basically a nasty tummy bug (severe reaction from both ends)...check out http://www.kiwifamilies.co.nz/Topics/Health/Stomach+Bugs/Rotavirus.html

We decided to vacinate against it mainly because the risks / complications to the vacine are so minimal, and it just seems sensible given that so many children will catch it each year. Given our "poo" issues with the wee man, we just thought it better if we could avoid the stress of a virus like this on his little bowel!

Edited by SimSam
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:54pm
Have just had the 12 week jabs and Eva is not a happy poppet. She cried alot more this time and doesn't want me out of her sight. She's had one nap and I've just put her down for another. I hope she settles

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:02pm
babyg - No my blister isn't getting any better but the good news is it's not getting any worse either, thank goodness!!
It doesn't hurt as much as it did either but I'd like my bits and pieces back to normal if you know what I mean

I'm interested in Auckland Mummy Meet Ups too but I can't offer my house at this stage due to it being too small, but we are hoping to move before winter so hopefully we'll be able to have them at our house before too long

I'd really like to get Keziah used to the water before I tackle taking her to swimming lessons. Her persistant screaming at bath time makes me ant to throw in the towel sometimes, but hopefully with a bit of perseverance over the next few weeks she'll get better. I do however have a question. Have any of you showered with your babies yet? And if so, how did they cope? How did you wash them once they were in your arms?

Edited by Neeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:18pm

heres jessica in hers we borrowed ours off a friend she loves watching her brother and sister in this

Kalem 6!
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:18pm
hey neeks, Luke has only ever used his baby bath twice. DH is the Chief washer - either in the shower or in the big bath. They mostly have showers, Luke loves it, I just pop in and rub him with soaped up hands, while DH holds him, then they stay in there to wash it off... He loves the big bath too - can kick around and stuff, we make it full and DH gets in with him - great chance for them to spend time together...
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:28pm
I wish Keziah liked the water, she didn't have her first bath until she was 5 days old and the nurse who did it made it a little cold and wouldn't allow me to do it myself (she didn't have a reason) so now she doesn't like bath time because of it I think :( Disappointing for me and DH who have to deal with her screaming blue murder :(
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:49pm
yeah I can imagine that wouldnt be alot of fun - listening to the screaming! The only time Luke criesis if he is too tired - but usually only when drying not showering...
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:54pm
Have just got back from having Mikayla's TB shot, poor poppet screamed her lungs out for about 5mins and then was fine....is asleep now, has only had 40ml formula but I thought best to leave her to sleep and she'll eat when she wakes up

Neeks, I've had a couple of showers with Mikayla, DH passed her to me and I washed her as he was too scared he would drop her! She didn't really like it, so we have continued with the baby bath, which she's not too keen on either! We have found if we splash her and play a bit when we first put her in, then wash her head/hair last we have a quieter bath, she hates having her head done! We have to wash her in Aqueous Cream now, so it doesn't lather at all and has to be put on outside the water, so bathing is getting even more tricky! I was going to take her to swimming when 3mths, but doc has said no pools/chlorine for now, until her skin is sorted out.

That bumbo looks cool ladies, your babies are so cute!Might have to look into one for our girl - where do you get them from?

That was a quick nap.....best go sort out food.
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 3:39pm
She's woken up in a much better mood than before - yay! Kabe, I hope Eva will wake up happier too!

I love the Tweety outfit too, it's sooo cute, MIL got it from the Gold Coast when they were over there in Nov, I just wish she had've got a bigger size, as she's nearly grown out of it - it's a very small 000, lots of her other 000's are still too baggy on her - has to be the one that is the fav ay! She was very spoilt from her Nanny's trip to Australia!

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 3:49pm
Neeks, we shower Lauren just about every night! DH holds her in the shower while I lather her up and wash her hair, then he washes her off. She loves the shower, she licks the water as it splashes on her face. We have also been putting her head fully under the shower as I want to start swimming lessons at 6 months and am keen for her to put her under by then. She loves the water, definately a water baby! She has never screamed at shower time or while being dried and dressed! Guess I am lucky, but we did start this procedure at about 1 week old so she really doesn't know any different.

kabe and manz your poor bubs having needles today, Lauren got them in the next few weeks too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 3:57pm

Ollie has the dreaded needles coming up on Friday! Yikes!

Manz - have a look on Trade Me for Bumbo's.....there are lots of baby web sites that sell them. Are you keen to go on the roster for monthly meet ups?

manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 4:32pm
Thanks SimSam, will do! Yep, definately keen to go on the roster for monthly meet ups! Do you get the Rotovirus vaccine at the 3mth jab time? Have to book Mikayla in for her jabs when I take her back to the doc in a weeks time to get her skin checked, poor petal - all this poking & prodding

Peachy, that sounds like such a lovely shower time!

Only 13 sleeps until I go and see Bon Jovi in Christchurch, I'm sooo excited, but it is going to be real hard to leave my girl for nearly 24 hours when I've only been away from her for 3 hours max so far!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 4:50pm

OMG MANZ your going to Bon Jovi i am so jealous i bet you will have fun we are going to ROCK2WGTN show over easter i can't wait

Maddy used to love the shower with dad we haven't tired jessica yet .

to all the bubs having injections jessica slept throw her 3 month ones a couple of weeks ago

Kalem 6!
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:03pm
Tala loves the shower too - DH hands him to me while I'm in there and i just get him nice and wet all over(we're not using products yet). He's just like Lauren - smiles, stick his tongue out and licks the droplets on his face. I haven't stuck his head under though - we've got mains pressure and I think it'd be a bit too much! When our new bathroom is done I'll be able to adjust the pressure and give it a go.
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:11pm
monster we are using Eco Store Baby Body Wash and Shampoo as I was not keen to use products either, but she smells so lovely afterwards! Then I massage her for 15 minutes with Lavender Baby Oil and mmmm ooohhhhhh I could just eat her chub chub thighs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 802>