FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 802>
Author
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 5:21pm
Poor Rex, any sign of movement on the teeth yet Nikki. Looks like Blair will be in the same boat shortly, I can definately see one lurking below the gums, but can't really feel it yet.

Salifer, Blair has only really had less than a dozen of sleep thru the nights. After getting 2 or 3 good nights earlier this month, we have gone back to a early morning feed, but now its closer to 5am.

I can't believe my baby is 3 months old today. I tried
a top that I got him on, and I looked at him and thought where has my baby gone, you look like a little boy.

Plunket visit today, everything is going well - Blair has some thrush in his mouth so I picked up something for both of us on the way home. Here are our comparrison figures

Length        51cm             64.5cm
Weight        4.13gk (9lb2oz) 7.1kg(15lb10oz)
Head Circum   39cm             42.5cm

EDITED: got measurements wrong, HC was 36.5cm, was 39cm at 5.5wks.
SimSam, Peachy, lovely wedding pics, I've got to wade thru ours to find some I like to post.

Edited by MonicaMouse

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
Sponsored Links

EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 6:53pm
mmm have i missed something wheres the wedding photos??

Kalem 6!
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 6:55pm

Edited by EllenMumof2

Kalem 6!
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 7:04pm
in the general chat forum
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Neeks Neeks wrote:

Keziah was about 4.2kg's before she started sleeping through the night (8pm - 7am) it's awesome, and I'm loving the amount of sleep I am getting

holy crap that is fantastic ... what is your secret? my little girl will only go down for the 1st 6 hours at night hence why i'm forever carrying excess baggage under the eyes
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 9:36pm
Welcome Asset - how old is your bub?

Well, i wouldn't say that my girl has ever slept thru the night. We are having a pretty good run at the mo, she goes down at 7pm, dreamfeed at 11pm, then she wakes and has a little drink of water at 4am which seems to get her thru to 6am. Have to say it is much better than the 3hrly that we were before! She has only started doing this for about a week (at 5.2kg) but i don't think that her weight had anything to do with it in our case.

OMG, MM - was your boy born with a 39cm head circ??? **bowing down to you** How did you survive that?

Great to hear that Eva is feeling better Kabe.

Well, our appt with the Paed went really well. She couldn't believe how much Carys has grown and said that she is the smiliest, most social 14wk old baby she's ever seen (she had just been fed and had a big poo before we went - very calculated on our part!) The Paed said that Carys has caught up and should be treated as a fulltermer from this point on *sigh - very proud mum*
Was weighed while there and is 5.75kg so gained just over one pound in the last week! That nearly puts her on the 50th percentile line for babies her age - woohoo!

Those bumbos look great guys, must investigate!

Alright, off to check out the wedding photos (and place a couple of mine if i can find them)!
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 9:57pm
Opps, thinking 3 different things at once- got measurements wrong, HC was 36.5cm, was 39cm at 5.5wks.

Good to hear that Carys has done so well.

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 11:07pm
haha, you did have me worried for all your bits and pieces MM!

Hope Blair had a happy 3mth day today MM!
Ev, Mum to:
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 11:42pm
haha no secret, my little lady knows that i like my sleep i suppose.. she was a horror in utero during the nights though..couldn't sleep on my left hand side because of sciatica and she'd wiggle and move all night long (we nick named her wiggle bum right from the start and it's still kinda stuck LOL) so now I guess she thinks that she has to treat me well!!

OR

I'm just lucky

WOW Keziah is 3 months old tomorrow, where oh where has the time gone???
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 8:56am
Kabe - glad to know all went well after the 3 month jabs. We have ours today at 11am...am a bit nervous, but am sure it'll be fine. I'm going to ignore the suggestion of NOT GIVING PAMOL and will give Ella some 1/2 hour before we go. I just don't get the latest "CRAZE" of not giving any pain relief. I mean if I had to go to the doctor for 3 injections as an adult I'd take some nurofen.....so why should we be so cruel to not give any to a baby who's only just 14 weeks old.   (...RANT OVER....!!!)
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:09am
MM, no sign of teeth yet I'm hoping Rex has a better day with them today!

Great news about Carys Babyg. You must be so proud.

Salifer, I was going to give Rex pamol before his injections but forgot Good luck, I hope it all goes well with Ella. By the way, you must be so pleased with her weight gain

Love the wedding photos guys!!!
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:09am
BabyG, great to hear Carys is doing so well, you have every right to be proud!

Have had a great time looking at and adding to the wedding photos! Everyone looks fabulous!!

Am hoping that there will still be some Oct mum's at Lynmall after my plunket visit, will make it as short as possible!

Phew MM, glad those measurements were a bit wrong, I was like BabyG and very scared for your bits!

Salifer, you have got to be kidding me - no pamol? Haven't heard that one, but I think it's crazy! Poor bubs, if we can do something to make it easier on them, why not?

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:26am

Salifer - my GP told me not to give pamol before the jabs as it can mask / hide any side effects or reactions that bubs might have to the jabs (in that 30mins immediately after), so I dont give it to him before hand, but as soon as we get home from the Docs. Does that make me cruel??

Off for his swimming lesson this morning - his nana is coming to watch and she is really excited! Of course he has no idea what all the fuss is about!

We have had 3 really good nights, Sun / Mon night he slept 8.30pm - 6.30am, then this morning he woke at 5am, I gave him a quick feed and he went back to sleep until 8am!

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:35am
Hi BabyG, my little Chloe will be 12 weeks on Friday but she's HUGE apparently (i would have no idea) and keeps getting mistaken for 4+ months. on the hunt for a cot now as she has practically outgrown her hammock.... how naieve am i - i thought the hammock was going to last a good 6 months...i've definately lost that bet with my mum haha

neeks, boy you did have it rough in utero... i'm so happy for you that Keziah is now making up for it with all that glorious sleep. i'm sooo jealous. not only does chloe wake twice between say 10pm and 7am but most days she is awake from 10am through to 10pm!!!

Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:39am
SIMSAM - good point about the masking!

NIKKIB - Am ABSOLUTELY stoked with weight gain....all this perserverence with the ups and downs of BF....with a result like that its made me so happy :)   

Plunket said yesterday when Ella refused the boobie 3 times in a row....some babies just go on hunger strike....LLL says there's no reason for it....just some babies do it.....since then its been ok.....she still refuses the odd feed (usually daily!) and I just give her formula on those occassions.....I've realised I'm not going to win any awards for pressuring her to drink from the breast...and if she doesn't want it...then formula is just as good in my eyes....better that she gets food than starves!!!    
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:40am
babyg - congrats on the weight gain - you must feel relieved
Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:41am
NIKKIB - have you posted your wedding photos? Was checking them all out this morning and couldn't find yours???

Would love to post some of mine but never seem to find the time! Ella is having a great sleep this morning....yay!
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:10am
Happy 3mths old today Ella and Keziah - have a great day!

Asset - please tell me you're from somewhere other than Auckland or Welly? This thread is thin on 'outsiders'! (Not that we don't love you city gals!)

Hey, if your baby used to wake at 4-5am but now goes right through till the morning - how did you get them to drop that early waking session? Carys has a thing about 4am, she must be doing it out of routine now as it is pretty much on the dot every morning. I usually get up and give her a tiny bit of warm boiled water which tides her over till 6am but have tried just ignoring her also had a go at the controlled crying technique too but neither of these seem to do anything and she just cries until morning if i leave her. Help, tired!
Ev, Mum to:
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:21am
Salifer, I haven't posted any wedding photos yet. Its all about finding the time with stupid dial up!!!

I'm so pleased Ella has put on so much weight!!! Yippeee!! And congratulations for reaching the 3 month mark with BF!!!!!!!!!

I would also like to know how to stop the early morning feed, my problem is that Rex drinks heaps during this feed
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:37am
babyg - sorry to disappoint but yes, i'm from auckland :-). have tried to update my profile to reflect correct details but it didnt seem to work??? and how you ladies manage to jazz up your posts with your beautiful baby shots and timelines has me stumped... my name is tessa, middlename stupid by the way hahaha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 802>