FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 802>
Author
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 1:41pm
Asset - Heya from another Auckland mummy, although Auckland is a HUGE place Sounds like our little girls are similar ages, what is Chloes b'day?
Sponsored Links

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 2:19pm
hey neeks. chloe's b'day is 26th October... judging on your timeline little Keziah must be around the 24th October if she is 12wks today? she's gorgeous by the way...
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 2:38pm
Hey Tessa - well, i won't hold it against you!

Don't worry, we've all asked the same questions about uploading things to ohbaby. If you just click on anyone's ticker (timeline), you'll get taken to the ticker site where you can set one up for yourself. Then just paste the link it gives you back into your 'signature' which is in your profile page (near the top, righthand side of this screen).

Good luck.

Yay, for great weight gain Salifer - you rock.
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 3:27pm
Hey babyg jessica used to wake up at 4am all the time i used to just put her dummy back in and rub her tummy a little and that put her back to sleep most of the time she would grizzle abit but would sleep another 2 - 3hours took about 8 days of me doing this and now she just sleeps though 98% of the time.

Kalem 6!
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 5:50pm
Asset - I had trouble updating my profile - the administration at oh baby said it can take a couple of days to change but they also asked which changes I wanted and they made them at their end.
Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 7:48pm
babyg and gabeden THANK YOU - i shall give your tips/advice a whirl and see how i get on
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:07pm

Well the swimming lesson went well, I am going to try and put some photos in the photo thread. Luckily my mum came with us so she was able to get some good shots! He never grizzled or cried, in fact he kept yawning (the teacher kept asking him if he was bored!!!) I think he thought it was a big bath for him!!!

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:24pm
Asset, yes 0557 on the 24th of October after 48 horrible hours of labour that started on Labour Day

We're having a rough time of it tonight It's really hot in our room, and Keziah will not settle even with a fan on AND windows open.. She's got a full tummy and has been winded and still she's crying out *sigh* over an hour past her normal 'curfew' too so we're coming to the end of our tether as you can probably imagine.
DF is in there at the moment, and all is quite so he must be giving her some cuddles trying to settle her once more
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:43pm
YAY finally asleep @ 21.30

I'm guessing she was over tired too, she had an early nap today due to waking up earlier and wouldn't go down again because it was too hot. She had a bath this afternoon, and was all good until it came to putting her in the water LOL then she cried (not blue murder though) Maybe she's kind of getting used to the whole washing idea?
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:05pm
Asset, Chloe shares her birthday with Mikayla and Bellababy's Amaya - what a popular date!

Glad the swimming lessons went well SimSam, my huggies little swimmers sample came in the post today, (free on the Huggies website) but I don't know when Mikayla will be allowed in the water now, with her exzema - the doc has said no to chlorine! Also got the Pooh Bear playmat, it is very cool!

Watching a programme of TV1 about a girl with Cystic Fibrosis, we are so very lucky our girl is just a carrier!!

Bummed out I missed you girls at Lynmall today, I finally got there at 11.45 and rang DH and he joined us for lunch as he works down the road. Next time.

Plunket visit was strange - she weighed her at 4970g and last week the doc was 5110g, length 60cm - doc 63cm, head circ 40cm - doc 39cm! I know everyone has different scales, but how does my baby shrink after every time she's measured??    I like the docs weight best, so that's the one I'm going with She is still happy with her progress, so that's okay

Edited by manz
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:17pm
I want to try a sample of the little swimmers before I purchase a pack a bit later on, where do I get my freebies??
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:19pm
Yeah, go with the docs weight Manz - their scales are probably more technically sound than Plunkets! And 5kg sounds better than 'almost' 5kg .

Right, i am off to bed! Nighty-night.
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:38pm
hey neeks... 48 hours of labour is herrendous - and i thought my 21 hours was doing it tough!! i'm not sure where you can get swimmer freebies? i have a pack at home myself which i haven't tried on Chloe yet (saving them for when we head down to Mt Maunganui waitangi week)... but if i go to the next coffee meet and you're there i'll bring one along for you to try.

manz... if you birthed at Waitak (I see you're a westie like myself) we were probably there at the same time - i was the one screaming the building down hahaha. Chloe was close to Mikayla's weight too i see - she was 9lb 3oz.
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:57pm
Here's the link for the free sample of the little swimmers for anyone interested: (free is always good!)
http://huggiesnz.co.nz/TheHuggiesClubs/SpecialOffers/LittleSwimmersSample.asp

Asset, what time was Chloe born? There was a lady across the corridor from us in the Te Hunga (I think it's called) ward we could hear screaming - my MW said that's what you sound like when you DON'T have an epidural! (I think that was when I went completely white with fear!) I had an emergency c-section, Mikayla wouldn't come down as was transverse arrest (head down, but sideways) so I had huge back labour, and epidural but only got to 8cm. We were there from 1pm and went into theatre about 10pm. How much does Chloe weigh now? Just interested as similar birth weights and same age...
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:58pm
Either that, or you could've been the lady that jumped me in the queue for the epidural!!
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:58pm
Maybe I should just stop being a scrooge and purchase some little swimmers so I can take Miss K swimming (or paddling - as the case may be) this week sometime.. I'd also like to buy her a rash shirt so she doesn't get sunburnt since they don't really have togs for babes under 6 mos

I'm a westie/central chic myself.. we're in Point Chev so kinda West but Central hehe

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:08pm
Manz, I had problems during labour that ended in an Emergency C-Section too..
Keziah was on her way but couldn't come through the 'S' bend as my pelvis was too narrow and her head was just a little bit too big.. tried for ages to push her out before getting a spinal block and heading to theatre. Did 3x rounds of BIG pushes with a ventouse but the suction cup came off and she disappeared again, and 2x Rounds BIG pushes for forceps but that wasn't working so they did a c-setion and because she was so far down in the birthing canal they tore me to shreds trying to get her out

How is your wounds?? How long after did you stand up??

Felt so good to have a shower.. I felt yuck because it had been so long since doing so (4 days all up) and I was pretty mucky from the whole situation so it's surprising people wanted to come and see me once she was born, i smelt pretty bad LOL
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 8:39am
Gosh, these labour stories are pretty scarey!!! I'm so pleased I'm not reading these before I had Rex!!!!

Welcome Asset13

Gosh, it was so hot in Welly last night. Poor little Rex couldn't settle, he was awake from 5.40pm until 9.30pm - which is such a long time for him!!

A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 8:40am
Neeks your labour and birth is exactly like me! I had 27 hours of labour with no drugs, failed ventouse which they did twice and left a massive bruise and skin missing from my poor babies forehead! Reason I couldn't get her out was she was posterior with forehead presentation, there was no way she could fit as I pushed for 3 hours solid and she didn't move at all even though we could see her head! I was gutted to have a c section after my marathon effort, but I was just glad to have it over with!

My c section was sweet, I was up and about the next day having a shower, now I just have a little pink scar! I must say though it has wrecked my abs which used to be like steal

SimSam glad to hear swimming was a success!
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 9:09am
Oh Neeks, that doesn't sound good!! Peachy, I thought it sounded very similar to your experience! I was lucky, my girl didn't even TRY to get down the birth canal! So MW said no point in trying ventouse as can do more harm than good. I had her at 10.33pm Friday and got up the next afternoon and had a shower, left hospital on the Monday....I refused the morphine from the Sunday as I was having probs working out the feeding and my head was so fuzzy with the pills - the drip came out of my back a few hours after the op, so I wasn't getting any pain relief for quite a long time before they put it back in properly - it fell out again the first time and they weren't believing I wasn't getting any pain relief, they just said I was pushing the button too much and I was trying to tell them that was because it wasn't working - the medication was going on the floor!! I got an infection in my wound about a month later, but all good now. Still have a funny feeling in belly at times, kinda numbish only way to describe it...Seems sooo long ago now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 802>