FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 561562563564565 802>
Author
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 7:01pm
kabe - glow is in Haitaitai - sort of the next suburb. I've been there for eyebrow shape and lash tint - website doesn't look that flash, but it is quite a nice place. http://www.glowbeautytherapy.co.nz/home

Also close by in Kilbirnie is http://www.newleaf.co.nz/ I went there a couple of weeks ago for eyebrows and they were fine too. Both places have easy free parking and are less than 10min drive from Miramar. There is probably something in Miramar, but nowhere I have been myself.
Sponsored Links

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 7:28pm

Hi ladies - DH on his way home with tea, so just a quick update.

I have spent the day in bed, feeling a lot like crap. Luckily DH had the forsight at 4am to suggest he took the day off today...its been awesome to just be able to rest and not have to Oli wrangle as well, I dont think I would have coped. Oli has a nasty cough and has been running a temperature on and off, so he obviously has something too.

Sleep wise - he is doing really well, no night bottles since last Thurs, even last night when he woke up quite distressed at 4am, he had a big drink of water, we gave him some pamol, and then he went back down until 8am! Its amazing!! Think its been more of an adjustment for mummy and daddy than it has been for him!

Righto - tea here - lovely DH!!! Be back later to catch up on posts...

monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 7:41pm
Kabe - I've been to new leaf in Kilbirnie too - I was happy enough with them.

SS - sorry to hear you and Oli aren't feeling too good. Get well soon.

Right, I'm off to see HP...
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 7:52pm
SS, could there be another reason why you haven't been feeling well? So pleased the night sleeping is going well!

DJ, Miss A sounds too cute!!!!

A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 7:54pm

Nikki - unless the early signs of pg are very achey arms, legs, joints, fingers, headaches, sore throat, nasty cough....then I doubt it!!!!  It does make it tricky though as I dont want to take anything - just in case. So am only dosing up on panadol!

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 8:41pm
Sam - here's hoping you feel better soon! Lucky that DH thought of you and helped out

Monster enjoy your movie. I found it a bit slow in the beginning, but not too bad overall.

I've had both a young man being very precious this morning, to being very grumpy and unsettled, and not wanting to sleep this afternoon - needless to say it feels like it's been a long day. ( I was up at 3:30 and 5:30 returning Blair to bed after he woke unhappy) I'm also wondering if he's coming down with a cold as he's been a bit snuffly.

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 9:07pm
Great that Oli is still sleeping well SS. Hope you get better quickly, hope it is similar to DHs flu in the weekend - it only lasted 48hrs!

Yay for a break out with Rex Nik - that must've felt strange? Its so good to hear that you are starting to get the odd occasion where you can get out and do something different

Hi Neeks, awe miss K must look like she's been in the wars with chipped front teeth - bless Yes, lucky she'll get a second chance Good that it taught her siblings a clear lesson!

Fun, movies! Enjoy everybody.

I got wonderful news tonight - my bestie called to say that she finally had her scan this morning and I am having a healthy baby

NIECE!!!! YAY, very very excited. I can't wait to cuddle her!
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 9:25pm
SS, thats great news about Oli's sleeping! So glad it is working for you! I hope you and Oli feel better soon though regarding the illnesses!

babyg, wonderful news about your friend I am so happy for her!

Enjoy the movies kabe!

MM that sounds like a very long day esp since you are nearly due too!

Hi Nik, nice to find you on facebook!

Kabe, no my Dad is not a builder, he is a property developer so knows all the right people in all the right places! My little brother is a builder though so he is all booked in to demolish our bathroom on 3rd September and start building the new one! That happens to be the day we fly to Perth (good planning on my behalf to not be here living in our house without a bathroom)!! So when we get home it wil be like Mitre 10 Deam Bathroom, a new bathroom all finished!

I went looking at taps, vanities and baths today. Man I hate making decisions on things like this, my trouble is I like EVERYTHING

Otherwise we are all good and looking forward to catching up with a long lost friend tomorrow! My best friend from intermediate is coming over with her 2 kids! Man we will have so much to catch up on!
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 9:16am
Just time for a quick post, as I have my SIL and friend popping around soon. I'm kind of match making as they both have 2 year olds and babies due in 2 weeks time! They also live 10 mins apart, so thought they might like to meet up

Thanks alot for the clinic suggestions DJ & Monster. Will check out the websites.

That's great that you've broken the nightime waking and bottle habit Sam. I bet you find that you have a happier boy in the day, as he'll be less tired.

Eva's been great lately. Very cute and chatty

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 11:12am
Yipppeee! I'm so happy for your friend BabyG

MM, hope Blair is feeling better soon.

Sam, hope you are also feeling better soon.

It's great being on FB....I don't know why it took me so long to join

Peachy, can't wait to see before and after shots of your bathroom.
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 12:56pm
Yes Nik and Monster, Miss A is too cute !!
She talks constantly, but I had a listen in the other day when she didn't think I was there - she was "hiding" under the highchair, drawing on some paper, and saying "iggle piggle not in bed". So hilarious - she is really into night garden atm. She's so excited to be getting back into her regular activities after the holidays too.

Hope you are on the mend today Sam - so great that Oli is sleeping better - phew!

The sun is still shining here today - it's so great. Seems like we have had constant rain for weeks (months!) - all the Mums at the parks are so happy!
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 1:00pm
Sun is shining here today too!

We had a bizarre night last night, DH went to tuck Luke in at 8.30pm and found him with a raging temp. We pamoled him, gave him a drink and took off a layer. DH repamoled at 1am and then we left him until morning. He is FINE! I don't know what was wrong, but he seems fine today - tho maybe a little clingy. So we went to music and now they are both sleeping. Very weird.

I am trying to motivate myself a bit more during the day - had a discussion with my mum about whether it could be a sign of depression that I can have whole days/weeks where I don't feel like doing anything... Or it could just be laziness... So am trying hard to keep myself busy during the day, doing jobs etc so that i can justify sitting down at times as well. (Like now!)
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 1:30pm
Thats interesting Bel as Lauren was the same last night, high temp and is very clingy today, but otherwise fine. Interesting.

She also has wicked nappy rash and a rash on her chin, I suspected teeth, but she has 16 so I didn't think she was due any until after 2?

As for not feeling like doing anything, I often blame Winter for it, as for me I am still in my PJ'S today! I can't be arsed doing anything!!
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 1:42pm
Thats funny Peachy and Bel I was just saying to DP last night I think Gabrielle is teething again - no temp but her whole cheek on one side was glowing red all afternoon! She seems fine, though - she was a good teether though - unlike Tane lol three months of on and off teething and no teeth!

I agree Winter sucks, and its miserable! I also hate how pasty I go in winter, makes me depressed just to see my reflection lol.

Bel sounds like a good plan - I know how hard it is to even think about getting out n about with the 2 littlies.

Yay for your friend BabyG :)

What toys are all your guys lil ones playing with? Gabrielle has never been very interested in toys, shel ikes to do what I do but I can't keep having her under my feet in the kitchen Might have to get her a toy kitchen for her bday.... I can also occupy her with play dough for a wee while... but nothing else captures her interest for long enough, not even tv darn it!
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 1:45pm
Peachy, i wondered about teething too - one of his ears was bright red... that was weird too - seemed a little swollen, but gone today...

Luke loves his Little People stuff that I have been getting from Toy Library - the pirate ship and the farm. He plays with them for ages, tho likes them better when we play too.
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 1:50pm
Bel thats a good idea - I might get the farm from TL and see how she likes it :) Anything 'real' is so fun for Gabz now..
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 2:03pm
Felt pens and paper are a huge hit with A. she plays with them for longer than anything else (but also likes it when I draw too).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 3:13pm

I obviously spoke too soon - last night was a shocker. Oli was still not settled at 11pm when I finally got to sleep, but DH was up to him every couple of hours through the night. He has a very nasty croupy sounding cough and is generally really miserable. DH has taken him off to the zoo this afternoon - to give me some time out. My DH is being fantastic - he took today off too as he knew I was still really crook.

My SIL sent some bags down to us today (my mum brought it around), full of clothes - mainly for kindy / preschool and all bigger sizes so they will come in useful as play clothes! She has also lent us my nephews little bed, its so cute and I cant wait to set it up for Oli, although am not in any great hurry!

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 4:03pm
Oh yeah, pens are a hit here too! He is always on at me to get the pens out!
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 4:04pm
Wow, sounds like a shocking night all round...
Joy woke last night too, vomitting green stuff all over her bed. She has had a cold but I think mostly it was just a funny tummy. Poor thing but she is back to normal today.

All the kids must have been esp-ing each other to create havoc last night

Edited by sunnyhoney
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 561562563564565 802>