FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 802>
Author
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 3:50pm
Gah, tickers confuse me!! I have made several in the last few days to try and get Keziah's 12th week in sight... One said she was 12 weeks, and 4 days, and the other said she's 2 months, 3 weeks and 6 days so 12 weeks old tomorrow..WTF, she wasn't born until Wednesday the 24th of October so how can she be 12 weeks old on a Monday??? and Why are the dates so incredibly different when I make sure the birth date is correct?

Edited by Neeks
Sponsored Links

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 4:08pm
Okay, I'm sorted... she IS 2 months 3 weeks and 6 days.. so her official 3 month birthday is tomorrow, not this time last week !!! Geez, am I a bad mummy for not knowing that?

BTW, I'm not going to be able to come tomorrow.. I'm sick so I think I'll stay home and keep my bugs to myself Sorry everyone

Edited by Neeks
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 4:37pm
Salifer, well done with Ella's sleeping! Any tips would be appreciated Are you doing a 10pm dreamfeed? I'm still getting up 3 hourly after midnight with Eva. Might try the 10pm feed again and see if it carries her through further.

I got Eva a cute denim hat with dinosaurs on it from TnT. It was the only one that came close to fitting her little head. Has anyone been using sunblock on their babies, or are you just avoiding the outdoors?

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 6:06pm

Kabe - I am using Mustela baby sunblock - it was darn expensive, but thought it was worth it. I only put a tiny bit on and only on his arms and legs, dont put it on his face but he always has his hat on or his sun shade on his buggy. Its like a little cocoon in there, looks so nice and cosy!!

So who have we got coming up to Titirangi tomorrow - me, Manz - who else? (Bummer you cant make it Neeks!)

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 6:26pm
yeah that is a bummer you cant make it neeks, hope you're feeling better soon

so simsam, i guess it's just you, me and manz meeting for coffee? while we're on the topic, if it's absolutely hosing down did you both still want to tee up? it's possible it could turn nasty given today wasn't that great and we are in desperate need of rain which needs to come sometime....there's no undercover parking in titirangi and it's not crash hot for parking full stop so could mean we get a bit wet.
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 7:03pm
Good point Asset! I will still be out and about as have to go to docs, so up to you guys...you are more then welcome to come to my place if wet if you want? Or we could meet somewhere else covered, like Lynmall? I have both your mob #'s - SimSam, I have yours still from our meeting in Ponsonby, if still the same? Sorry you cant' make it, hope you feel better soon Neeks!   
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 7:16pm
hey manz. yeah i was thinking lynmall as an alternative - how about starbucks?
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 7:28pm
this is just a test to see if i have finally figured out the ticker...
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 7:29pm
woo hoo it works!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 7:31pm

Yeah no worries - if it turns to custard then Lynnmall sounds better (closer to me anyway!!) just let me know either way! My mobile number is still the same Manz.

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 8:08pm
I'm hanging out for our next Oct mums get-together at someones house! Hope you all have a nice catchup tomorrow at a cafe. I'm getting my car serviced, so will have a quiet day at home.

SimSam, hadn't though about Mustela sunblock. I like their other products, so might give it a try. Even though they are expensive, I find they last for ages.

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 8:25pm
I'm feeling a bit better, but I still don't want to chance it.. Hope y'all have an awesome meet up though

Well, Keziah has officially had her first shower and she didn't cry while in there but she had a little whinge when we got her out to get dressed LOL she did however grunt alot while I was washing her but I'm sure that's just her way of getting used to a new situation.

PS. I used normal big person sunscreen on Keziah's arms and legs when we went to the beach and she didn't have a reaction to it at all but allergies don't really run in our family. I didn't use any on her face but we stayed under the trees all day so we were well covered

Edited by Neeks
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 8:50pm
NIKKIB & KABE - I have been following the "CONTENTED BABY BOOK" along with another in my coffee group. Her little girl has been sleeping through the night (from 7pm to 7am) for about a month but is 0.5kg heaver than Ella. So decided to try skipping the 10:30pm dream feed and just letting her wake when she does. She sometimes stirs at 12am so I jump outta bed, pop in the dummy and she continues to sleep....sometimes will peep again but usually sleeps thru till 4am then I get up and BF...then she's back down sleeping till 7:30am.

I also use MUSTELA products (eg shampoo) and have never had any cradle cap.....<Touch Wood!>....they are expensive but certainly do last a long time.....
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 9:04pm
I have been using Sunblock on Lauren, one called Toddler Milk and she has been fine, no reactions or anything. Reason I started using it was while we were away camping she was getting sunburnt from the glare even when I sat her in the shade under our massive eazy up. I really had no choice but to use it and my SIL had some there so I just used hers! Better than letting her get sunburnt I thought.
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 9:44pm
I hope you guys have fun tomorrow, definitely bummed I can't make it!!
Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 8:16am

Given the weather - are we meeting at LynnMall or Titirangi?

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 8:52am
i'm thinking lynmall as this weather won't be clearing in a hurry. if we haven't heard from manz in an hour i'll text her to confirm new arrangement ay?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 9:09am

SOunds good - starbucks at Lynnmall at 11?

asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 9:19am
yip, the inside starbucks next to bodyshop. look forward to meeting you then
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 9:28am
Sweet, Starbucks it is, see you soon ladies!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 802>