FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 802>
Author
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 10:25pm
I've heard that rosehip oil diluted with water helps them last longer between feeds, not sure how true that is though
Sponsored Links

sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 9:07am
Me & DH usually end up looking quite metal to get Joy to laugh. But once she gets going she laughs for ages.
I find it hilarious (on the inside) when they burp or vomit all over you and then laugh...
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 9:28am
Poor SimSam By the sounds of things, you aren't a bad mummy at all. Hope you and Ollie have recovered!

OMG...its so bl**dy hot here!!!! It was 26 degrees at 4pm this morning (in Rex's room!)

Well, Rex slept from 9.15pm - 4am last night! A big improvement!! I'm wondering if he likes to be really warm??? The last two nights have been really hot and he's slept better than he has for ages...weird!

The water under their feet (while in the jolly jumper) sounds like a great idea!! I must remember that one. I can't wait until Rex is in his...babies seem to love them so much!

Neeks, Miss K is so so cute
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 9:30am
Cute bubba Neeks
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 10:30am

Ollie is a box of fluffies this morning - so he obviously isnt holding a grudge and his headache has gone!!!

We bought him a mobile for his cot - as he has been very grizzly going into his cot lately, and it seems to have worked. He has settled down for a morning sleep in there now - which he hasnt done for ages!!! Fantastic!!!

Nikki - Ollie loved splashing around in the water under his jolly jumper, I just used a cat litter tray (obviously well washed out!!!) and just put enough in the bottom for his toes to be able to splash around in it. Good thing to do on a hot day too!

Its so darn humid up here, and because of the wind I cant have many windows open....still at least the sun is shining for the funeral.

Funny story this morning - I carried Ollie in his bouncy chair and sat him in the bathroom whilst I had my shower, and when I got out of the shower he looked at me and then laughed. Little toerag!!!

Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 10:36am
SimSam - I have the same worry about our cat. He always wants tobe part of the action and is ALWAYS under our feet when we are carrying baby - he drives me bonkers. AND to add to the chorus "You are not a bad mum"!!!

Ollie sounds quite a character.
Debs SAHM to Eden 2.10.07 18:23

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 10:55am
SimSam - I know its hard not to beat yourself up, but these things happen. - My confession - Blair was on his bouncinette - I was with him so not strappped in, and I left the room for 20 seconds - literally, when I got back the he was sitting on the floor - ok so not the 1foot poor Ollie got but still enough for me to feel bad at the time.

We were all in the spare room the other day - must stop calling it that cos it will soom be Blairs room - trying to give it a big clear out and had Blair in his bouncinette, DH put a big bag of knitting from my Mum at his feet so everytime he kicked he could hear the noise -which made him kick even harder.

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 11:45am
Originally posted by SimSam SimSam wrote:

Funny story this morning - I carried Ollie in his bouncy chair and sat him in the bathroom whilst I had my shower, and when I got out of the shower he looked at me and then laughed. Little toerag!!!

LOL! I do exactly the same with Rex, if he's still awake. I've noticed that his eyes start following my boobs around!!!! He must think its dinner time LOL!
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 12:28pm
Nikkib - at least you know he is meeting milestones - tracking that is LOL!!

I made a boo boo in an earlier comment. I stated that we had a coffee meeting next Wednesday. They have been organised for the first and third Wednesday of the month and next Wednesday is not the first

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 1:19pm
Keziah woke up just after 7am this morning and went down again shortly after 12 (totally missing out on her morning nap)

Keziah was sitting in her bouncinette yesterday while I was having a cuppa, and she was tracking my cup LOL that's my girl
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 3:22pm
NikkiB - I hear you on the heat! It's insane. We ended up waving a book at Tala to cool him down last night - initially it just meant lots of smiles, but then he fell asleep.

simsam - I'm glad to hear you and Ollie are recovering! I'm sure you have joined the ranks of millions of parents - don't worry about it!

Neeks - Keziah is a cutie
Gabeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 8:32pm
As an informal poll would any of you use the same midwife LMC for your next pregnancy? I would not and so am wondering who would and whether the bad experiences extend far and wide.

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 8:50pm
Dh is keen for No2, and told our MW that she's booked. However he is now in two minds, he thinks that maybe we should book the Back Up as she was the one who was with us of D-Day - well 4 - 5 hours of it anyway

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 9:43pm
We'd absolutely use ours again - she was so supportive, kind and enthusiastic!
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 9:54pm
Interesting, I wasnt sure about my m/w for most of my pg, but when it came to the actual labour she was great. I dont know if we will use her for number 2 or not, guess we will think about it closer to the time. My first choice would be the mw that works in conjunction with my GPs but she is so hard to book into, that I doubt I would get to use her.
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 10:34pm
Yep, I would use my MW again, and my FIL's partner's daughter is using her because of my recomendation...Like SimSam I wasn't sure of her for a while, but she was awesome during the labour/birth and her after care was great! She doesn't like to get too close early in the pg as if something goes wrong she hurts too - she said they're all her babies and she feels when things don't go the way they should - she was awesome through our CF scare and so stoked when Mikayla was fine....it was nice to see her care so much! She was also really supportive of going to formula, no pressure to BF   
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 10:51pm
I really want the emergency MW we ended up having (independent MW's aren't allowed to attend preterm labours here in NP) so we didn't end up having our MW. I am so grateful as i think she is a cow and was not very nice at all (particularly in regards to BFing issues). The emergency MW was amazing, we are now really good friends and will keep in touch forever but because she works for the hospital you can't have her as your chosen MW, only if your in emergency labour and she happened to be rostered on at the time . I've already told her that i'd go through all the prem heartache again if i could have her! I would certainly be prepared to pay good $$ to have her again (wonder if the hospital would take a bribe??)

Simsam - i know it sucks when you hurt your own baby, DH clipped the tip of Carys' finger a couple of weeks ago. No blood, and she only had a quick squealing session but still made him feel miserable Needless to say, she has nice long nails for now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it Good to hear Ollie recovered quickly - hope you do as well!

Cute pics Neeks, looks like she's enjoying her bouncer. We have a lot of the same clothes for Carys - go BabyFactory/TNT!
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 11:30pm
OMG, we just had the scariest thing happen to us...

Our next door neighbour in an adjoined house set their kitchen alite and luckily my oldest step son Kaen (13) was in the bathroom at the time and heard the neighbour scream so he looked out the window and flames were pouring out of their windows.... God, I quickly yelled at DF to grab Keziah from her bed and he got the other kids (Master 8 and Miss 10) out of the house while I rang the fire brigade as I'm certain they don't have a telephone (even if they did i can ensure you they would of let it slide like they have done all the other times)...
This is the 3rd time this has happened.. They are alcoholics and frequently 'drink and fry'.. How dare they endanger my family like that!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to share

Edited by Neeks
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 12:23am
Whoa, Neeks - so happy that you are all safe. How scary! I can't believe people could let that happen more than once - no respect!

Alright, off to bed. Carys has dropped her 4am sillyness now so i'll get to sleep all the way through till 6am (and DH has just started doing that feed before work) so i won't need to be real awake until mid morning.

Night.
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
asset13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asset13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 9:04am
hi gabeden. although my m/w was a tad odd she was fantastic through the actual labour (bar bursting my vein when putting the ABs in) BUT i would much prefer to use her back-up LMC next time round who was also present at my labour. the only thing is, if i were to try and engage her as my next m/w i'd be worried that i'd hurt the first ones feelings... anyway, i'm getting a little too ahead of myself - i'm still in the arm-twisting process of getting DP to agree to another wee sproglit.

holy heck neeks, that is TERRIBLE! glad you and the family are okay... your neighbours are complete tosspots.

well i have another huge day ahead of me...we move house friday so have been extremely busy packing up the place which is not easy when chloe wants my attention every 2 mins - she can't seem to entertain herself, always likes to be with mum and where the action's at... cute but very annonying.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 802>