FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbutter icing...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: butter icing...
    Posted: 09 November 2007 at 2:22pm
once again i need the recipe for butter icing...!?

can someone help me...i promise to write it down and keep it so i dont lose it again...

thanks!

Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 2:26pm

100g butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
1 to 2 teaspoons of hot water (or milk)

Cream Butter till light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in icing sugar, beating until smooth. Add sufficent water (milk) to giver a spreading consistency.

From the Edmond Book.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 2:29pm
Here is another one for you
Makes 3 cups (for 1 cake)

Ingredients
250g butter, cubed, at room temperature
450g (3 cups) pure icing sugar, sifted
60ml (1/4 cup) milk
Method
Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric beater to beat for 2 minutes or until very light and fluffy.
Gradually add the icing sugar and beat until the mixture is very pale and fluffy. Gradually add the milk and beat until smooth and well combined.
Notes & tips
Variation 1 - orange butter icing: Add 1 tbs finely grated orange rind with the butter.
Variation 2 - coffee butter icing: Dissolve 2 tbs instant coffee granules in the milk.
Variation 3 - chocolate butter icing: Reduce the icing sugar to 230g (1 1/2 cups). Omit the milk. Stir in 250g melted, cooled, good-quality dark chocolate.
Variation 4 - dark chocolate butter icing: Reduce the icing sugar to 300g (2 cups). Omit the milk. Sift in 2 tbs cocoa powder and then stir in 600g melted, cooled, good-quality dark chocolate.

Dont forget to write it down
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 2:31pm
thanks guys..

i looked in my edmonds and couldnt find it...

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 2:35pm

Page 76 in mine under Fillings and Icings.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 3:48pm
Totally use milk... it gives it a really creamy texture and is the only way I like butter icing.

Mmmmmm... hungry now. Think I need to make another batch of cupcakes!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 4:25pm
have written it down and saved it on the computer...

Post Reply Post Reply