FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy appointment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My appointment
    Posted: 19 November 2007 at 5:04pm
Well Im back, man it was hard! at the moment they have diagnosed with with severe PND and Anxiety, but over the next week she will go over my paper work and see if I have PTSD
Im see them again next week then fortnightly or monthly after that
they going to help me get some home help, and they deal with an agency that will help get us into a bigger, healthier house, and then there's the option to 'stay away from home' at a house (kind of like a BnB) for a few days if I ever need time out, children optional
They want to start my meds as they think they will defiantly help me
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 5:16pm
I'm glad your getting some answers and some help

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 9:42pm
i'm glad you are getting some help trish!   please please let me know if i can help in any way too!

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 9:45pm
i'm glad you are getting some help trish!   please please let me know if i can help in any way too!

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 9:52pm
Good stuff. Where did you go?
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 9:53am

Yay Trish that is great news that they are going to help you out like that. Do you know what meds they are going to put you on??

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 11:25am
great to hear the good news Trish, I started meds at the begining of the year and have found that they have helped heaps, still have down days but far far fewer than before. They have really helped lift the fog that I always seemed to be living in, also my anxiaty levels have come down also and have even joined a local parents group after doing a toolbox course thru the kindy that the girls go to.

It is so pleasing to hear that you are going to be getting the help to move and get things sorted, dealing with agencies and taking on new things can get very stressful. In some really bad days I even found filling in forms stressful let alone getting them posted or talking to anyone on the phone.
Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing!!!
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 1:54pm
Thats great Trish. Glad they were able to help you, and with practical things also, thats fab! I had weekly homehelp, and the lady would help me clean and/or take Isla out or look after her so I couls go out. Was great! Sucks that we had to move town and it all stopped!
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 2:03pm
Thanks everyone

ohh yeah I though I had put it in, I had the appointment at the mothers and babies unit at princess Margret hospital here in chch
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 4:47pm
Ive heard they are really good.
If you ever need some time out or just some company you know where to find me!
midnight_sakura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midnight_sakura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:48pm
How do you know that you have a more serious problem than PND and stress! I think there is something more wrong with me but im not sure... Im on meds and have had heaps of help from mmh but im not feeling better or liking my little girl better...

I feel so horrible for being like this and i feel really guilty all the time...she is gorgeous but sometimes i wish i just wasnt around

I wonder if it is because the whole pregnancy and after was just so stressful for me..

any suggestions? i dont mean to sound crazy or pathetic but i cant stand being this way
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 9:01pm
Sounds to me like you might need to go back to your dr and ask them to look at what meds they are giving and seeing if there is anything else you can try. If they arent making you feel better then somethings not right, you shouldnt be feeling like that and you dont have to feel like that. Keep at your dr until you find something that works. Have they suggested counselling or any sort of therapy? Your daughter looks beautiful and its not fair on you or her that you are not enjoying being a mother. GO BACK TO YOUR DOCTOR!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by my2angels my2angels wrote:

Sounds to me like you might need to go back to your dr and ask them to look at what meds they are giving and seeing if there is anything else you can try. If they arent making you feel better then somethings not right, you shouldnt be feeling like that and you dont have to feel like that. Keep at your dr until you find something that works. Have they suggested counselling or any sort of therapy? Your daughter looks beautiful and its not fair on you or her that you are not enjoying being a mother. GO BACK TO YOUR DOCTOR!

Totally agree with everything written here, your dr should be able to sort things out for you, if they can't help try a different dr, or maternal mental health.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
 Post Reply Post Reply