FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 246>
Author
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 3:35pm
I can't see that it would make that much difference either Bobbie. But if you're worried you might want to check it out with someone in the know. 3.7kg doesn't seem too small & I'm sure she'd cope fine with the jabs. The evening after Liam had his jabs he slept really well - way better than usual. Go figure as we were expecting it to be a shocker of a night.

Liam weighed in at 4.8kg a few days ago. So he's more than doubled his birth weight of 2.3kg. According to the Well Child Book babies normally double their weight at 3 months so he's doing VERY well

Has anyone who bf'ing been having alcohol? After not having any for months I had one drink last night. I think it's ok as long as not too close to a feed??
Sponsored Links

BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 4:12pm
Hi everyone, hope you have all had a nice weekend.

Bella has been quite good with feedings now which makes life a whole lot easier. Sleeping at night is pretty good too but still not keen on sleeping in her cot during the day.

Sally, Bella weighs just under what Liam weighs. It makes ya feel proud dosn't it!

Bobbie, I think you should be fine with the Jabs as my doctor offered to give them to Bella over a week ago when we were there for something else.

Youngmumnz, sorry to hear about your wee girl. Medical procedures have come along way and I am sure after surgery you wont even notice anything wrong.

Emz, glad the formula feeding is going well. Which formula did you end up going with? It seems like many people recommend the S-26 range.

Hope your camping went well Peanut. I absolutely love camping and we will be going at the end of the year and cant wait! Did you find you had to pack everything and the kitchen sink?

Well the smiles have started to come much more frequently and it really does melt your heart.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 4:48pm
Hey all,

Arrived home yesterday and have been busy doing 300 loads of washing today! luckily its a good washing drying day. DH has just taken Mac out to visit his parents so have some time on my own.

Camping was awesome and Mac loved it. Slept beautifully apart from one night when he was a little upset but think he had a sore tummy from the water so switched to bottled water and he was all good. I higly recommend camping when they are little as they can't move and they don't need too much crap as they are not into much.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and crusing along.

Emz, have your wrists settled yet? Mine are still aching at times.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 4:51pm
Bobbie, Mac was 10 days early (but 7lb 4oz) and I still got his vacs done at the 6 weeks mark. I would ring your GP and go with their advice but i would say that you are fine to have her 6 wks imms at 6 wks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 8:29am
Sounds like your holiday went very well Peanut. Mac sounds like a good little bubba. I really can't imagine taking Liam camping at the moment - he'd keep the entire camp awake with his nightly screaming ritual .

The boy & I are on our own today for the first time as DH has gone back to work after 7 weeks off. We're off to our first coffee group this morning, should be fun.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 12:47pm
Yeah Topsy he's on S-26, just the plain infant one, about $16-17 a tin which is pretty good. He farts a lot more than when he was breastfed but that's about it!

Peanut - still issues with my wrists, they're not as bad and I don't get woken up by the pain anymore, but they get really sore if I hold Jackson up on my shoulder to wind him. So I'm having to put him on my knee or across my knees so my wrists stay OK. I had a lot of trouble for the first couple of weeks where DH had to wind him as I just couldn't handle the pain.

I'd love to go camping! Can't wait to take Jack this Xmas, although he'll be getting into everything by then

Sally - I hope Liam is being a good boy for you on your first day together. Enjoy coffee group!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 3:57pm
Emz, sounds like my wrists. Was going to go to the dr and check it out but seen you are still the same also i will wait.

Sal, Hope our coffee group went well. Who was that thru...your antenatal or plunket? we don't have our first reunion until the end of feb iwth antenatal and thats organised by the hosp...although we have been emailing but no meeting in person.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 5:55pm
The coffee group was through our antenatal class. We've all had our babies except one so it was nice to talk with the other Mums as everyone has different ideas/tips etc. I will head along to the Plunket coffee group in a couple of weeks.

We met our Plunket nurse this afternoon for the first time. She seems nice & full of good advice. Liam is currently in his basinette so we're slowly making progress
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 9:07pm
Thanks guys - I think you're right. Tomorrow's the day

Rowan had her first proper smile today and Topsy, yep it definitely melts you. I was leaning over her cot saying hello after a nap and she looked up at me and just beamed

emz if you don't mind me asking are you having a reduction? If so I'd love to hear how it goes because I'm definitely wanting to get one once I finish having kids.

Sally I've had a glass of bubbly at new year's and I had EBM for the next feed so it was 6 hours before she got near it. And I had a half glass of wine straight after a feed the other day so it was 3 hours before she got to the milk then. I hope it's ok. I've heard small amounts are fine if you don't do it too close to a feed. The half glass went straight to my head too - so tragic! It's been 15 months since I've had alcohol.

Where do you find out about the Plunket coffee groups? I want to go to some but I haven't heard about them and I don't see my Plunket nurse until next Thursday.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 9:19pm
I got a letter from plunket with the times for 4 sessions that are held at plunket (2 hours each session), my understanding is that you make the coffee group from the group you are in for those sessions....I maybe wrong tho!

I heard that alcohol is sweet as long as its only a glass and its a couple of hours before a feed...not that I am breast feeding!! It has taken me a while to get use to my wine again but am currently loving having a wine with dinner.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 10:13am
My Plunket nurse mentioned to me about the local coffee group. But I'm sure if you rang your local rooms they'd be able to tell you about your local group.
Apparently it will be quite a big group initially but they encourage the group to divide up into smaller groups (maybe first time Mums & second time Mums etc). I'd like to get to know some other Mums in the area as, although good, my antenatal group is made up of people who don't live particularly close to me.

Yesterday I decided that enough was enough & that it's time for Liam to sleep in his basinette. Last night he had a great sleep in his own bed all night! DH hates hearing him cry but I've told him he has to be tough until Liam gets used to it.    

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 10:16am
I hope Rowan's vacc's go well today Bobbie & that she's not too unsettled for you.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 11:25am
Yay Sal! That's great that he was in his bassinette. Must be such a relief for you. One feed and sleep at a time aye?

We were told a glass of wine (or whatever you fancy) at least 2 hours before a feed if breastfeeding. I had a glass of my fav red the other night on our anniversary (first taste of alcohol since having him) and within half the glass I was tiddly! DH thought it was great because we won't have to buy wine much!

Bobbie - hope Rowan's shots go OK. And yep I'm having a reduction. I'm not huge (usually a D to DD) but one is bigger than the other and has caused major shoulder and back issues on top of my back issues already so yep on the waiting list. Luckily because I already have problems I got to go public. Was all prepped for surgery in 2006 (ie. drawn up, on the bed, good to go) but they had an emergency. So alas I'm still here waiting for my new boobs! It's the main reason I struggled to b/f (I was told I probably couldn't cos of the pain and pulling but wanted to try anyway). From memory when I was going to go private it was going to cost 6k, but the price depends on how much boob they take away etc and if you get a lift as well. Sorry if TMI but ask any questions, I'm very open to discussing my boobs!

I think one of the things I'll miss about not being with plunket (I'm with Te Puawaitanga) is coffee groups, although I don't know if I would have gone anyway as I seem to be so young compared to most other mothers (was pretty much they youngest in AN class) so other than having babies, what would you talk about? I guess babies are big conversation starters though!
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 12:22pm
Hello all,

Bella had her jabs yesterday and was really brave. She only cried for a little while and then was back to normall very fast. I was expecting a big sleep because of them but it was just a normal night
I hope Rowans go ok Bobbie.

I have been having coffee group with some girls from AN classes. They are not usually people I would hang out with but is is nice to get out and about.

Well done with the bassinett move Sally! I need to do the same for daytime sleeps with Bella. She is great at night but during the day she will not sleep in it. She likes company I think and I dont blame her. I will just let her sleep on her rocker most of the day as that keeps her happy. Maybe when she is a little bigger/older I will gradually increase the amount she is in the cot. No rush I have decided as she is only 7weeks.

I would love a lift Emz. Especially after BF cos I think they will be like ethiopian boobs
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 12:25pm
Hehehe Ethiopian boobs - love it!

Great that her jabs went well. For some reason I'm not worried about Jack's ones? Maybe I'm a mean old mummy! But his dad and I are like human pincushions so no biggy really.

I think Jack likes company too. He often gets grizzly (which at first I thought was an upset tummy so was giving him boiled water) but then he just snuggled in for cuddles all the time. I usually give him lots of cuddles but he's SUPER cuddly this week. Not that I'm complaining, it's very cute and nice to feel so needed!

Edited by emz
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 12:43pm
Oh yea and we also found out that Bella has a slight heart murmer. The doc said not to worry as most fix themselves but we do have to have further tests

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 1:16pm
That's no good Topsy. Hopefully it'll correct itself with time

It is so hot here today. I've started wrapping Liam again (I stopped for a while b/c he always seemed to escape & I got lazy) in muslin with just his nappy on & he's still hot. I think we need to buy a fan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 3:56pm
The thermometer says it's 27.4 degrees in his room. We def need a fan
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 7:33pm
We usually have a fan going and it does help Jack stay swaddled. Usually if he's too hot he manages to wriggle all the way up the bassinet, out of his swaddle and blankets and hits his head on the top of the bed. Boys aye?!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 9:47pm
Emz, I am hoping for a reduction also. Mum has just had one and she got hers on med insurance as she had on going back pain etc. Am hoping i will be the same but they told me to wait until i havve had all my kids before....did you get that advice?

A friend of mine had her first plunket session on Tuesday and was told that 25 letters go outf ro each group but that they usually only get 1/2 coming along. She only had 8 show up at hers so they won't have to worry about breaking into smaller groups!

Sal, yah, for sleeping issues solved. i meant to say to youe arlier that I side sleep Mac in wedge and he loves it. Means I don't swaddle anymroe as he gets to hot so just put a sheet over him instead. that may help.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 246>