FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 246>
Author
kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 8:25pm

Poor you Lisha, dragging two kidlets around the mall doesn't sound like much fun. I just can't even comprehend how people manage to look after two or more, but will find out one day hopefully . Not long to go before the big birthday bash!

Jimmy is getting a paddling pool and some matchbox cars for his birthday and his Poppa is buying him a little table and chair set as he refuses to sit in a highchair. My Mum reckons the best present for a one year old is a balloon, but that would probably only work if they haven't seen one before. Oh, and we might also get him a bubble blowing set (can't remember what they're called) as he's obsessed with bubbles.

Welcome back Sally and Tara - looking forward to hearing how Oz was. Nice you could extend your stay Tara. Jealous about the hot pools Sally - I've had a *craving* for doing that ever since I was pregnant and told you shouldn't go in hot pools when pregnant, and the closest ones are about 2 hours drive from here so still haven't been....

I didn't ask to keep my tooth Bobbie - damn, would like to see it now!

Emz, the part time job sounds great - but are you worried you won't be able to cope once pregnant or that you'd feel bad applying because you're hoping to be pregnant soon? If you got the job, do you think you'd go back to it sometime soonish after having baby#2 or not?

Lol at having a girl Peanut, positive thinking there! I must be the only one who would like another boy .

lilfatty, hope you're keeping well and coping at work - do you get really tired?

Oh yeah, Jimmy has finally started *climbing* up onto and over low things from his starting position of commando crawling. Still a ways to go before he learns to pull up on chairs etc me thinks. He's got super fast at crawling though and loves playing chasing and hiding games.

We are having less trouble with nappy changes, getting dressed etc now. We talk to him about it and during it and praise him for being good, and try to give him something fun to play with while he's waiting. He absolutely hated getting out of the bath a few weeks back (as he'd stay in there all day if I let him) but I made a game out of getting out, lying down on his towel on the floor and using another towel to swirl around above him which makes him really excited - then drying him quickly a bit, then swirling the towel and playing peek-a-boo etc - he loves getting out now.

Sorry bout the long post

Sponsored Links

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 8:42pm
Sally, stop showing off about the new stroller.

Emz, Mac has also just started making car noises when he pushes his cars around, actually when he pushes anything around. Re the job: I would go for it, also if its only 1 day a week you might want to go back to it when #2 is 4-6 months anyway as a break. Pleased to hear Jack is feeling better thou (or that the drugs are working well).

Lisha, I was down at the plams this afternoon and it was crazy there was buggys, babies and toddlers everywhere. Insane!! Mac has been waking at about 5.30am the last 4 or 5 days but this morning he slept until 6.30am which was bliss. I love bum shufflers!!

We really aren’t getting Mac much for his birthday. We brought him a trolley but gave it to him 3 months ago so he is only getting a talking toolbench toy (all of $20 at the Kmart sale mid year). I figure everyone else will get him stuff this birthday and christmas and we will save our money until he actually knows we are giving him gifts. Mean Mummy!!!

Kakapo, I wouldn’t mind if the next one was a boy. Would be quite nice really but just kinda think I would miss not having a daughter in the end.

Cos I can’t rememeber who found out what they were having last time and who will find out next time? I didn’t know last time and won’t find out next time, if we go for a third I will find out.

Well, Dh cooked tea tonight so that was a treat. Might go have a nose at other threads and then head to bed.

Also while while I remember did anyone watch Tribal Wives last night? I missed it but the ads looked intriguing…what was she so revolted at that she couldn’t look them in the eye?

Argh, was going back to add in the emoticon thingies but you can't so just imagine winks etc in there and don't take offence . hey I can put one here but not up there

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 9:13pm
We found out last time and will find out this time - I'm one of 'those' people who need to know

Oh to clarify if I did get the job and did get pg, I would go back straight after the 3 months is up. I went back to my current part time job when Jack was 4 weeks so 3 months would be sweet. Just feel bad, I know I could cope being pregnant. But anyway there'll be heaps of people applying so I'll just give it my best shot.

Lisha I don't know how you cope either. That's the one thing that I worry about having kids, as DH is away so much. He's hardly seen Jack at all, the last few weeks has been about 4-5 hours a week if that, and he's too tired to do anything with him so its all landed on me. He's also going away on Saturday for 10 days so that'll be interesting with a tanty child.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 9:21pm
We just got Rowan her Christmas pressie at the Farmers 1 day sale - we got her a ride on trike and trailer that goes from 1-4 yrs. She probably won't be quite ready to ride it by xmas but we can push her around a bit. We also got her one of those water wheel thingys for the paddling pool since they were only $3.

Lisha I don't know how you do it. I still have days where I am firmly convinced that I would be silly to have more than one and then other days where I want a tribe. We're meant to be TTC in Jan.

We didn't find out what we were having. I was all for it and DH was really against it and since I'm hopeless at keeping secrets from him I figured I better not find out. In retrospect I was glad since she came by C-sect so her arrival was known in advance and it was nice to have 1 thing that was still a surprise.

emz you should talk to Liz (Arohanui) in the Jan thread - she'd be the authority on part time teaching.

Edited by Bobbie

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 7:52am
Hey all.

You do learn to cope, I mean you have too!! Can't put them back. It is very hard to begin with but now they are older it seems easier. Did I just say that? somedays it is super hard.

Emz, poor you, I moan when DH is away for 4 days, 10 days seems a long time. Thinking of you. Have you got family around?

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:26am
Yeah Lisha, I guess you just "have to" cope when the 2nd one comes along. Some days I am convinced Liam will be an only child but that's usually only when we've all had a shocker .

Emz, I think you should apply for the job too. There are so many unknowns, like when you will get pg, so you might as well give it a shot. What is DH's work looking like next year & will he be around a bit more? It really is super tiring looking after the kiddies on your own...

Peanut, if I'd fought DH harder & got my way before Liam came along we would have a stroller that could be used for 2. He was adamant that we would cross that bridge later... so cross it we will. I'm going to look at umbrella strollers tomorrow while he's away . I'll be using it way more than him so I've decided he doesn't get a say.

Not sure what we're going to give Liam for his birthday. It will depend on what MIL gets him. She asked the other day & silly DH suggested a paddling pool which *I* want to get him for Xmas. I then suggested a little plastic ride-on thingy. She rang up last night & said she'd had the idea of getting him a fish tank & what did I think . Ahh terrible idea sorry MIL because I think he's too young, we have a cat & I don't need anything else to have to clean. So I've told DH he can tell her it's a no-go. I would rather she just give him $$ for his bank account if the truth be told.

Sorry that turned into a right ramble so will be off to do something productive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:27am
Forgot to say that we found out Liam was a boy but next time I've already told DH we're not finding out. I think I'd like at least one surprise.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:35am
I cant remember who asked (at least i can blame preggy brain) .. but my ss sent me basically what I asked for lol ... awesome hair ties .. hair clips & chocolate!

Peanut .. in the bounty book my mw gave me there was a 10% off voucher at Babycity (who stock P&T) so I think I might be buggy shopping (maybe a "Christmas" pressie) lol

Kakapo ... yep Im tired ... Ive lost count of the number of times Ive fallen asleep whilst "playing" with her and Ive woken up with her hitting over the head with one of her toys!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:55am
Lol LF, that sounds so funny & cute (well not the being so tired & then getting hit over the head but YKWIM).
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:57am
Sal - don't know what DH is doing yet as he's on a course so not with his normal crew. We have no idea where he's getting posted to within Burnham, if he's going on any courses up north or if he's being deployed Makes planning very difficult.

OK Christmas and Bday list for Jack - noone can decide what to give for what occasion yet lol (from everyone, not just from us, we've bought him SFA!)
-Ball pit and balls
-Clam shell sand pit/paddling pool
-big ball
-Mega Blocks
-Those new click together block type things
-A push along toy for when walking
-A periscope for the bath
-A suction basketball hoop and ball for the bath ($2!)
-Sleeping bag
-Ride on/walk behind toy
-Rash suit
-Inflatable swim toy
-Musical phone
-Table and chairs set (plastic jobby from TWH)
-A couple of puzzles
-Some clothes
-And last but not least, and OMG I don't like it being a mummy and all, a Hot Wheels electric quad bike Supposed to be for 3yo but MIL wanted him to have it now

Apparently my mum's got a few more ideas up her sleeve too I think we might have to take an extra trailer camping with us to take home all the loot
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:58am
Sal - yep DH thought it was hillarious when he was watching .. (note he didnt do anything to stop her lol)

Oh and Im definately finding out what sex womble is ... Ive saved all the "best" of Issy's things ... so if womble is a boy I will have to find a new home for all of it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 10:28am
Sounds like Jack will be suitably spoiled this Christmas & birthday

I like the table & chairs idea but when do you think they'll be old enough to sit on the chairs (& stay there!)?

I also want to get some stuff for the beach - bucket & spade & beach towel. Does anyone know if you can get baby beach towels or do you just buy normal adult ones?

And who's getting sunnies for their baby? Do they actually need them?
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 10:31am
Ive got sunnies for Isabelle (Retro Baby Banz) .. and them!

She will wear them outside in the sun (she wont have a bar of them indoors - for mummy to take pics lol)

And you can get "kiddie" sized towels .. I like the ones that look like ponchos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 10:38am
Thanks LF, you're far more clued up than I am .

Can Issy pull the sunnies off? I know they have a band... but nothing would surprise me with Liam
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 11:08am
Yep she can pull them off ... (which is a bit worrying as I keep expecting them to spring back and hit her).

She has learnt to push them up onto her forehead which is a much safer option.

I think if I tightened them she might find it harder .. but I dont want to stop blood flowing or anything

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 11:18am
We have those towels!! Have most things.

Just found Lucy's old car, a princess disney one and put Zoe on it, and she loves it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 11:34am
Are the hooded towels good Lisha? Or will a "normal" one do. We live pretty close to the beach so we'll probably be there a bit when summer comes proper. So gotta make sure we've got all the gear we need

Go Zoe! Is she having 1 sleep a day now? I saw something you'd posted in the toddler section...
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 1:31pm
We're not getting Jack sunnies, can't justify the expense until his head slows down in growth

Def get a spade etc, Jack loves his (they're also great to use as drumsticks with a couple of formula tins.. instant PITA!)

Damn I never thought about a towel, Jack has one towelling dressing gown but hmmm might have to get him a poncho beach towel (I KNEW I would go over budget )

Sally - my friends boy sat at his table and chairs at about 18 months old for his lunch and when his friends came over. We tried the kids on one the other day at AN meetup and lets just say they didn't *quite* get the idea
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 1:32pm
Oh, and most stuff Jack's getting is for 1-2 years as we won't be able to afford to buy anything for him during the year, so we're thinking ahead
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 1:42pm
Rowan has babybanz but we cannot get her to keep them on. She squawks and makes a huge fuss so I guess we'll have to have a battle of wills when I'm feeling better

emz yep I think you may need a 'loot trailer'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 246>