FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 246>
Author
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 1:26pm
I did, only got 3 stitches I think, still hurts sometimes to pee but getting better. Just drinking heaps of water so my pee's not acidic!

When I was pg, DH was completely against dummies (we both have that horrible picture of 3 year olds running around sucking dummies) but then he saw how well it worked for his friend and was sold. We only started using it 2 days ago as Jack just wouldn't settle. We only offer it as a last resort or if mummy and daddy are really too tired to care He's a finger-sucker too so I figure a dummy is probably better.

Anyone had/have a jaundice baby? We're having to bake our boy in the sun every day and he's finally starting to turn away from being a wee mello-yello. He loves lying naked (bar a nappy of course) in the sun.

For those with older babies, how long did it take you to feel normal 'down there' again? I figure 2-3 weeks? Or longer?
Sponsored Links

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 2:51pm
I felt all good after about 10 days! And at 6 weeks its def all normal again.

I love watching Mac sun bath naked. He loves it to and looks so blissed out.

Am suppose to be packing.... but am getting my last fix of Ohbaby for a while, although imagine I will have to come on once or twice in the next two weeks to check up.

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 3:03pm
** LURKER**

Hey Emz, I had stitches and a rough, pretty quick birth and it took me about 5 weeks before I was feeling 'normal' down there again. It was a feeling that my insides were going to drop out that slowed me down...
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 8:28pm
Hi all, have been away at the beach and have come home to find that this thread has been quite busy! I have read through the posts but cant remember what everyone has said. Sorry!! I will try though.

Emz, Bella is a lazy sucker too. It takes around 1 1/2 hours for her to feed as she dozes off then I unlatch her thinking she has got enough but then she wakes up 5 mins later wanting a feed. It is very stressful. I too use EBM but really want to perservere with the breast feeding as I hate all the sterilising and washing.

LL, I tore and had stitches too. I personally thought the graze that I also got is 1000 times worse. Stiches seem to heal really fast. I have another problem now as it hurts to pee. MW gave me prescription for UTI but that didnt work. Not sure what else it could be?

Sally, I too am having sleeping issues. I am lucky to get a 3hr stretch during the day and only slightly longer at night. I dont know why as she gets EBM at night and sometimes packs away 160mls . We had a really tough night the other night where she wouldnt settle and we ended up driving her round in the car. We also bought a dummy the next day but I am not yet sure I want to use it.

Bellas hair is falling out!! Eek!! is this normal?

I am getting called now...wah wah.

Hope everyone is well!

Edited by Topsy
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 8:56pm
Hi Topsy,
Hair falling out is normal - I'm waiting to see if Rowan's will do that too.

We have the same issue with sleep except that in the day it's about 2 hours and from about 5-8 she generally won't go down at all. For Rowan it's generally wind, though the 5-8 time she's usually pretty happy and doesn't seem too tired which is odd I think.

Put some photos up in our photo thread if anyone wants to take a peek.

BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:12pm
Thanks for the reassurance Bobbie. It looks like she has a mullet and a recedo (receding hairline).

Off to look at your photos.....
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:20pm
Mac has a receder but no mullet!

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:01am
Lol girls . Liam has a receeding hairline too. Poor wee bubba.

DH is keen so we're going to try a dummy. I hope it will be helpful but I suspect it will be as he too loves sucking on his hands & fingers. Our next challenge is to get him sleeping in his basinette again...

DH is convinced that Liam doesn't like sleeping on his back. Could this be true? During the day he sleeps on his tummy on his mat on the lounge floor & during the nght he sleeps on his tummy on my or DH's chest...

This sleeping thing really isn't going at all how I wanted it too but I am determined to not let it upset me...
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:29am
Sally I have the same problem with Bella. She dosnt like to sleep flat and happily sleeps in her capsule and pram. She does however sleep better in her cot than the bassinett. Roll on the magical six week mark when she will turn into a sleeping and eating angel! Not holding my breath.

I am still having feeding issues which really stesses me out. My supply has settled down, we have a good latch and have tried many strategies but still we have problems. I am considering calling a lactation consultant as my last resort. Anyone know the cost?

DF is back at work today after 3weeks at home. I know I will cope as I had the first week at home by myself but I will still miss his help. This means I will also be doing most of the weeknight feeds. I will be very tired.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 11:51am
I'm worried about when DH goes back to work too (on Monday). During the day Jack is on 3-hourly feeds so by the time he goes back down for a nap there's only 2 hours until I wake him again (or sometimes he wakes earlier). At night though he seems to wake every 2 hours, so I only get an hour nap between getting up and expressing etc.

We had to tilt Jack's bassinet for the first couple of days as he was still really mucousy but has settled now with the bottle so at least its one victory, if somewhat small.

I know that an appt with a lactation consultant in Chch is about $60, which would be worth it if you could sort out the issues.

Jackson looks like he has a receeding hairline and mullet too. I'm just hoping that when his hair falls out it grows back as I was a very bald baby (until I was almost 4 ) so he better not follow me with that or I'll be gutted!
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:22pm
**lurker again**

emz, at least he is a boy, thy don't look quite so silly when they are bald (I was a baldy too)

on the sleeping thing, it might be worth trying them sleeping on their sides... I did this with Luke for the first 2 weeks and he slept alot better I feel - then he settled down and now sleeps the best on his back - lots easier to wrap etc too...
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 3:29pm
I tried him on his side earlier & he just rolled onto his back but I probably hadn't positioned him quite right. I have made a small breakthrough this afternoon though as he's currently asleep in his basinette on his back . I moved it into the lounge as I suspect he just likes to know he's near to us.

I had sushi for lunch today & was tempted to get a cream donut too but resisted the urge . Who else has been eating foods we couldn't during pregnancy?

Edited by sally belly
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 4:28pm
I sleep Rowan on her side in a sleep wedge. She just won't settle on her back. Sleeping in the day is sometimes an absolute disaster - she won't go down at all and then gets so tired she will only sleep on one of us. It's getting better since we started only sleeping her on her side.

Topsy yay for your milk supply settling down - mine is still all over the show because Rowan still hasn't decided on anything resembling a schedule (except she wakes every 3 hours at night to the minute ). My friend used a Lactation consultant and it was $60/hour and she had two visits.

My Mum has been here almost every day since DH went back to work but she has to go and get her classroom sorted from next week so I will well and truly be on my own. I am a bit worried about going stir crazy by myself.

I want sushi now....(even though I've eaten a ton since Rowan was born)

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 4:45pm
Hmm haven't had sushi yet but have had KFC (without nuking it in the microwave), a chicken mayo roll from KB's, segg, stuffing... I'm such a wee piggy!

Went out for our first walk today with Jackson, it was so nice to get out in the fresh air (had been out a bit before, but exercise is wonderful).

I'm pondering how long it will take me before I get sick of expressing milk... I know breast is best and all, but I say give me another few weeks and I'll be looking into what brand of formula to buy! I think its a self-conscious thing for me, I'm not proud of my boobs and I don't a) want to flop them out in public or b) have to pump in public/around family like a dairy cow. For now I'm just stockpiling as much as possible so DH can take a few feeds when I go back to work (part-time) in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:04pm
I haven't really had the chance to have anything that I shouldn't of had during pregnancy, except for a sandwich at a cafe (which had egg in it).

Hows everyones weight doing since the birth of their bubbas?

I still have alot of fluid retention to pee out, but I have lost 13 kilos so far, I'm 6 kilos from my pre-preggy weight but I was also at my heaviest when I fell pregnant, so a long way to go for me. I am just grateful that most of my weight in the last 8 weeks of pregnancy was mainly water.

I look at my marshmellow tummy and pout, but then I remember what it is all for and don't mind so much.

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 10:22am
I hadn't weighed myself since I was about 30 weeks but I know that now I'm still 10kgs off my pre-preggy weight. My belly's not too bad, a few stretch marks below my belly button and a couple small ones above, and its quite small. Just needs to be tightened.

I'm loving my feet though! Almost forgot what they normally looked like, I can see my ankles and the bones on the top of my feet. Thank god for small victories aye!
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 11:42am
emz, Lauren had really really bad jandice, nearly at the level where she was to be kept in hospital and be put under the lights, but luckily the level dropped and she was able to come home with me!

Plenty of natural sunlight through a window and lots and lots of feeds as the feeds helps the kidneys and liver flush through the blood cells that cause the jaundice! It took Lauren about two weeks to turn a normal looking colour! She was honestly so orange it was unreal! Jaundice causes sleepiness too, which often makes feeding harder than normal!

As for the b/f, I absolutely promise it does get way better and way easier. I expressed for nearly 3 weeks when Lauren was born due to many issues. I was so tempeted to go to forumla. Everytime Lauren woke to feed, I would bawl my eyes out as I just had so many problems with it. Now 12 weeks on, I would never have believed how easy it is until I have now been through the worst of it and I actually really enjoy b/f now, its so much easier than making up a bottle! Just go with the flow and don't put too much pressure on yourself!
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 1:00pm
Peachy, how easy was it for you to go back to boob after bottle feeding?

I actually think I have serious issues with the thought of breastfeeding though, and I'm constantly torn between the fact that breastmilk is best so I should and want to give it to him, but also that I need an op on my boobs and I could be called up at anytime so would have to stop b/fing / expressing. I also think of the extra damage that my giganta-boobs are causing now that the milks in. It's kind of between a rock and a hard place really. But the thought of b/fing freaks me out for some reason even though I didn't mind it for the first couple of days.
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 1:11pm
I have about 6kg to lose before I am back to pre-preg weight It is slowley falling off with BF though

I too am giving EBM at the moment Emz. I do try to BF for couple of feeds per day just to keep it going but the bottle probably dosnt help my lazy sucker. I have to do it to keep my sanity though! I am still going to perservere as I really dont want to give formula just yet. I am stubborn

Peachy, your story gives me confidence to keep going!!! Thanks!!!

After a day of no sleep she slept well last night and so far so good today. I think she had wind/colic yesterday.

Last day with MW today and then I start with plunket next week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 2:04pm
Surprisingly my weight is the same as it was before I got pregnant. My tummy could do with a bit of toning up but I'll hold off on the sit-ups for a bit longer . Not that I ever did any before... My tummy still is a little sore some days but it's generally healed very well.

We're having our last MW visit tomorrow too. We are quite glad really as she hasn't been terribly helpful since giving birth. I'm sure Plunket will be able to give us better/more advice etc.

I really feel for you girls who are having b/f'ing troubles. I am very lucky as it's going really well for us now. No more bleeding & lumps so I'm happy. Just remember you should do what's best for you & bubs. They say breast is best but not if you're losing your sanity

Topsy, is there a Plunket Family Centre where you live? You can book in & spend the entire day there & they help you out with sleeping, settling etc etc. They also have a lactation consultant who you can spend time with. It doesn't cost you anything (but I think they like you to give a donation). If you didn't want to pay for a private LC that might be a goer??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 246>