FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 246>
Author
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 9:03pm
Nah, he cruises and walks behind his trolley. Has started letting go and balancing but think we are at least a couple of weeks of walking...I hope

He has just learnt to climb up on to the coffee table which is proving rather annoying.

Has anyone else got their letters from Plunket about the Toddlers without Tears course thing? I am going on Wed and wondered what it was like. 2 hours long and at 12.30-2.30...thats going to be fun with kids. Luckily most of the girls from coffee group are at the same one so we are use to the kids and are happy to pick up/distract each others kids.

Sponsored Links

kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 9:10pm

That course sounds interesting Peanut - but yes will be hard to keep the kids occupied for that length of time and take everything in at the same time. You'd think they'd offer it on a week night or something?

Our Plunket is pretty hopeless - the last nurse left months ago and I'm still not sure if they've replaced her (saw a Greymouth nurse for the 8 month check up) and the women who ran the courses moved to Nelson about 6 months ago. I think even the volunteer who ran the Plunket coffee group gave up organising it when she found out she was pregnant recently .

If you think its a worthwhile course I might try emailing Plunket to see if they will offer one here.

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 11:12am
I haven't heard anything about that course Peanut but it does sound interesting. Not really looking forward to the tantrums - here's hoping boys aren't as bad as girls .

Good idea about having 2 parties. Any excuse for another bash huh . My biggest "concern" is our lack of seating. If the weather's nice we'll be outside & we only have 2 outdoor chairs & 4 dining chairs. A quick trip to the Warehouse for some of those white plastic chairs might be in order.

DH & I are feeling 100x better today so that's a relief. I can highly recommend it for some quick weight loss though !!! He he.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 1:57pm
Hi all

Sally - I feel for you! I had that a few weeks ago now and just could not function. Got it from Jack as well (then he got it back off me a few days later, and we gave it to mum and dad too!)

Anna - was the nurse from Greymouth called Liz? Just wondering cos my aunty (Liz) does some of the well child checks around the area.

Wow birthdays, um, might have to think about that! I know we're having the party on the 10th, lunch/afternoon tea (haven't decided) for family, big p*ssup for our friends later on. We're not having any theme or big thing as Jack has no friends his own age other than our coffee group ladies and seeing as we're doing a combined party they won't be coming to Jack's.

Sucky about the BFN Anna - I'm waiting on BT results (due tomorrow) to see if I'm pg or just sick. I'm hoping for the former obviously! Although being sick has, like you all said, reminded me of the first weeks of pregnancy and I'm not looking forward to doing it again especially with a mobile bubba.

We're still cruising along here. Jack's still just walking along behind his trolley etc and crawling at the speed of light, we can't afford a safety gate so have had to tape our clothes horse across a doorway leading to the laundy and toilet! Not good when you're half asleep in the wee small hours and trip over it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 7:36pm
Oh poor you Emz, I didn't realise you were all sick a while back. You're right it sucks big time. DH & I went to bed at 8 last night so I think a nice big sleep helped a lot.

Best of luck for a BFP tomorrow - you'll have to let us know how you get on. Do you "feel" pregnant? Does your safety gate actually work? I can imagine Liam would destroy! We have safety gates that DH built out of wood over 2 doors. They don't look so good but they work a treat.
kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 8:59pm

Hi Emz! Good luck for your BT tomorrow, fingers crossed for a BFP . lol at the clothes horse gate, funny how we improvise eh? We use a fold out deckchair wedged between and armchair and the sofa to stop Jimmy getting into the kitchen - works most of the time but if he can be bothered he's quite capable of pushing it out of the way. Sorry, I can't recall the nurse's name (I'm terrible with names) - but don't think it was Liz and she was pretty old too, so probably not your Aunty?

Glad to hear you're much better now Sally. Do you think people would mind sitting on the lawn for the party if the weather is nice? You could incorporate a beach picnic theme and ask people to bring along rugs/cushions to sit on? Or just ask them to bring along their own fold out chairs (I've been to a few parties like that).

I got a photo of the vege garden this evening and posted it under Dec bubbas in the photo gallery, but it came out huge no matter how much I tried to resize it - sorry guys.

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 9:16pm
Hi ladies. Can't stay and chat, but I have uploaded some pics of Phoenix in our photo gallery. Hope you are all well, good luck Emz on the BFP!

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 9:19pm
I do feel pregnant but have some other weird symptoms so really trying not to get my hopes up. Plus it would mean I'm either getting m/s at about 3 1/2 weeks or my last period was implantation bleeding (not likely). So yeah, probably would be a BFN but I so so wish for a BFP! Will let you know.

The 'gate' works quite well actually. It's secured really well, neither DH or I can move it so Jack won't be able to (touchwood). I really do want a proper one with the actual swing gate part as it is in the doorway that leads to outside, the laundry and toilet, so used frequently.

Sal - I wouldn't mind sitting on the grass if I was a guest, so that's an option. Or, like we usually do for family things, ask everyone to bring their own chairs. I guess we're lucky though in that every single member of our family (including Jack lol) have a folding camp chair so at least we know they'll have them.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2008 at 8:26am
Morning Ladies!!

Emz, welcome back! haven't seen you in this thread lately. Fingers crossed for you - keep us posted!

Sally, pleased to hear you are still recovering. Bed at 8pm is always a treat and at least DH was sickly too so there would ahve been no harrassment and you could actually get some sleep

Anna, am off to check out the photo thread then. Will have to show DH too. Any of the herb garden? That is what he is doing on Sat morning. Think he is just agreeing to anything at the mo as he is away sat morning until monday afternoon. Is is actually over your way at the Greymouth St race.

Tara, will check out Phee while I am there!!!

Nothing new here. i tried to get DH to build me a gate but eh said just shut the door so don't think I will win that one.

Must go get organised. We have the Plunket thing this afternoon so will let you guys know what its like. Am kinda nervous as to how mac will behave for 2 hours!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2008 at 10:12am
Yeah there's been no "harrassment" here recently . It's not exactly what you feel like when you think you're dying! Shut the door- can't really argue with that I suppose. Typical man response

We are waiting to hear back today from a couple of people who seemed keen on renting out our place. I really hope at least one of them says yes. Our move is so close on one hand but so far away on the other . I want to move next weekend if at all possible...   
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2008 at 7:53pm
Hehe, hopefully the moving happens next weekend then Sally!

Well the course was the biggest waste of time. I am so angry about it . The lady that took it was about 65 and didn't even attempt to talk over the babies. It was in a tiny room with 8 kids all doing there thing. . I have no idea what the lady actually said and no one else really did either. We had to fill out a feedback form on it so was brutally honest in it as was fuming about sitting there for 1.5 hours at the worst time of the day .

The best bit was that after that finished we went across the road and had a drink at the bar as most of us were pretty annoyed...and the bar man gave me my drink free

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 9:24am
Oh dear Peanut that sucks big time . Glad you told them exactly what you thought on the feedback form though. Sounds like you definitely needed a drink after that.

Work today for me so will try to not spend half the day on here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 2:53pm
I want to go home. I'm so tired. Arrrrgh.
kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 9:28pm

Bummer about the course Peanut. Glad you got a free drink afterwards tho I bought a bottle of wine the other day as haven't had alcohol in ages, and have had a glass after work each night - think I sculled it back a bit fast tonight tho as Jimmy kept giving me the strangest looks like "what's up with you Mum?" lol.

Sally, hope work didn't drag on too long for you. My day dragged a bit too . So glad its Labour weekend coming up. Had completely slipped my mind until yesterday so it almost feels like a bonus holiday! Anyone doing anything interesting?

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 9:48pm
I HATE long days at work that just drag on and on and on........

I love my wine and am going out to spend some money on wine this weekend as lots of the supermarkets have it on sale this week. Love Lindeaur and its on sale for $8.99.

My DH is over your way this weekend, Anna. At the Greymouth Street Race so I am soloing it on Sat and Sunday nights. Me and Mac are going to a BBQ on Sat night tho so at least I get out and about....just means I have a 2 wine limit and home by 9pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 8:46am
Tell me about it (long days) & yesterday was definitely one of them .

I might try & do some shopping this weekend. I want to buy a nice summer dress so we'll see how that goes. But otherwise we don't really have any plans at this stage. I hope the weather's nice but not sure that it's supposed to be.

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 8:58am
Shopping sounds more fun than wrangling the jungle that is supposed to be our garden
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 9:38am
Wow alot to catch up on!

We are having a combined birthday this year for Zoe and Lucy, as they are only 7 days apart... seems easier this year with Zoe being the big one and Lucy being the big 3... omg, can't believe my baby is going to be 3!!

Zoe is sort of bum shuffling, not sure if she is going to be a crawler at all, not that worried really, she will do what she wants in her own time.

Wow Peanut... your little man walking.. clever!

Emz - fingers crossed!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 1:19pm
Hi Lisha, it's been a while . Good idea to combine parties for your girls. It will be less hassle that way. Maybe Zoe will just go straight to walking one day .

Sounds like Liam has been "walking" at daycare - behind a trolley I mean. I can't wait for his birthday now, so he can get his wooden trolley that my parents have bought him. He's definitely ready for it.

Bored again but will head home early today.
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 9:05pm
Where do you work sally belly? or were you just out?

Wow.. I forgot that Liam is the same age or 2 weeks younger than Zoe, gees time flies!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 246>