FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 246>
Author
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 11:48am
Happy Birthday Anna! I hope you're having a fabulous day. What did Jimmy get you?
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:44pm
Anna ..

Firstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY ..

Now to your question lol ...

DH will stay home while I am off work with number two (so no money coming in) ... it would be too much of a PITA for him to get a job for that short period of time, so I just did my sums and have a budget in place that will enable us to save enough to cover the rent/bills etc during the time I wont be working.

(And Im sure Im going to need help with a newborn and an Isabelle)
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:54pm
Sounds like you have a plan LF, very impressed . I've no doubt an extra set of hands will be rather useful! I can't believe you're 9 weeks already . How you feeling? (I guess I could just go & lurk in the Jan/Feb thread but you somehow seem so far "away" now)...
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:03pm
Hehe .. Im feeling fine ... just exhausted! Id forgotten how tiring the first part is till the placenta kicks in

I tend to get home from work at 4pm and then I get to nap as Issy is still down .. then I can get up when she does.

Although it doesnt always go to plan and she wakes up early .. last night exhaustion overcame me and I fell asleep on the couch to be awoken every five minutes with a jab in the eye/rib/head from Isabelle or one of her toys

How is the new house Sal?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:14pm
The new house is great & we're loving the extra space we now have. Big back yard too which will come in handy come summer .

You shifted too didn't you? Are you still in Parnell?
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:23pm
Yep we are still in Parnell ... actually talking about moving .. I think Parnell is the one thing we will have to give up while Im off work.

We are going to look for a cheaper place out West (near Mum and Dad) as I need to get the rent down to about $430.00 during the time Im not working (otherwise I cant save enough in the time I have left before I leave for maternity leave)

You can virtually get a mansion for that price out West

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:31pm
Jeepers, I hate to think what you're paying now for rent . But of course Parnell is a great location & is super close to your work. It will be good to be close to your parents too though.

Just don't do anything silly like moving when you're 8 and a half months preggy!! It was "bad" enough shifting with one baby & no belly
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:50pm
Hmm good point ... !!!

I might have to bite the bullet and actually drive to work for awhile as we really should think about moving and getting settled before I become a house

But Im sure that a little while off yet

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 7:14pm
Julia we pay $400 a week for our place and we get $100 from the Accom supplement - sure you don't want to move this way?

I can't wait to see pics of Jack in the Tux - he's going to look so handsome!

Edited by Bobbie

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 7:17pm
Happy Birthday Anna!

I got one Elle MacPherson bra and panties set, worth $90 for $45 Woohoo! So nice getting bras that don't have padding now, as the only way to disguise my uneven boobs before the op was padding (and trying to find pretty padded E's is a mission and a half lol)

I put Jack in the tux today but forgot to take a photo damnit. He looked so grown up, I almost cried. DH thought he looked awesome and wants to get him some shades so they can do the whole Men in Black thing *rolls eyes*
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 9:39am
Morning all!

Have just arrived at work and just wanted to read what was happening...will be back later (once I have actually doen some some work!) to post more.

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 10:56am
Bobbie .. we pay 460 and get 10 in accomodation supplement! (Well we will when I update our info with Jame's residency) .. at the moment as a single person with a child I get nothing

If we move west I wont get anything in accomodation supplement (as central and north shore have lower income threasholds) but I figure $10 isnt that much help anyway .. and with an extra child I get a whole extra $1.00!

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 11:57am
Phew, have finally finished my jobs!

Both Mac andI had a tummy bug yesterday which was not fun . I woke up feeling fine this morning and Mac appears to be better although didn't eat much breakfast.

We have another 1st birthday party today and its fricken hot here so not looking that forward to it lthough she did just text to say bring togs as she is going to stick the sprinkler on for the kids. Will be cute to watch

It is suppose to rain tomorrow for the Plunket party at my house, am soooo not impressed about that . Ih ave balloons and streams and stuff to put in the trees and heaps of cool big toys that I have borrowed off a couple of friends to keep them entertained outside.

And OMG you guys pay heaps in rent! I have not paid rent since I was 19 so had no idea how much it was . Where I work also do property management and the most for rent at the mo is $370 and that is for a 4 double bedroom house, great location etc...I don't think we could survive on a teachers salary in Auckland

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 12:09pm
Yep sometimes I'm very glad we live down here... we pay just under $500 for our mortgage on a 3 bedroom place with a big section. Must suck having to chuck that much money across to someone else each week

Peanut - hope you get better soon! Have fun at the bday parties, and I hope the rain holds off tomorrow for you.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 12:45pm
Emz, is that $500 a week or fortnight or month?
We are similar in that we pay $250 a week for a 4 bedroom place with a massive yard and 3 car garaging. I don't think we could afford to rent

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 12:48pm
Wow it's times like this I really wish DH could work anywhere in the country. One of my coffee group girl's DH just got a job in Wanaka and so they're moving there - I'm super jealous.

Peanut glad you're feeling better today and so is Mac. We haven't had tummy bugs here yet (touch wood touch wood) and I'm so not looking forward to the first one.

ETA: Julia a whole $1 more! wow are you sure you're not just having kids for the extra $$?

Edited by Bobbie

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 1:51pm
One of our staff members moved to Queenstown for his wife's job (teacher) so we moved his job down there lol (he flies up once a month to report)

Rain?!?! golly .. im hoping it stays fine again .. issy had such fun playing outside in her paddling pool but mum is at work today so didnt get to see her so hopefully on grandma's sunday we can get her out there again.

Bobbie - yep definately not having another for the money thats for sure

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 3:33pm
Glad you're feeling better Peanut & I hope Mac comes right soon. Tummy bugs SUCK big time. Not cool .

Renting up here is pretty expensive by the looks of it. We've just rented out our old place for $350/week & as you know it wasn't exactly huge. We're onto a winner now though & pay $115/week. Julia, maybe DH wants to join the airforce again so you can get a cheap house?

Hope the weather stays fine for your party tomorrow Peanut. It would be much nicer being outside with the kiddies than all stuck inside.

Who has an umbrella stroller? I'm going to get one but it would be great if anyone can recommend a brand? Liam & I tried to go to an arts & craft fair this afternoon in a school hall but we could hardly move it was so crammed . So I gave up & walked home!
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 6:34pm
Not really a recomendation but .. P&T are bringing out an umbrella stroller! (And its cute to boot!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 8:14pm
And expensive too possibly! .

We're off to Taupo tomorrow (back Wed) so will catch you all then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 246>